Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Location, location, location.............

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
That's the word when home shopping. Where would you move if you could? City, town, state? Why?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I'm in upstate NY now and me and my wife are looking heavily into TN around the Knoxville area but out so we have lots of land, OR we've also heavily considered Tampa FL if we want to keep a more urban lifestyle.
Were leaning more TN now because of the urban chaos of this year.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Funny @Gms585 , hubs and I are considering TN as well. More for when he retires in ~6 years. So looking at somewhere where we can retire to.
Myself, i wouldn't mind being near/on a beach.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Funny @Gms585 , hubs and I are considering TN as well. More for when he retires in ~6 years. So looking at somewhere where we can retire to.
Myself, i wouldn't mind being near/on a beach.

Stick with TN, Bova, or else Montana. Both will have beachfront property within a few months due to climate change, and it's cheap now if you act fast.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I kinda like where I'm at. Rural PA is nice with all 4 seasons and plenty of room to roam; I could do without the humility in the summer though.

I always thought people want to go to (fill in the bank) but never really see what's in their own back yard.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I got 10 more years here, we moved to where we are now for the schools.

My cousin just bought property in Tennessee, nice house, apple trees, property taxes are like $600/yr, cost of living is cheap and you can find a nice area with like-minded people.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Grew up in West Philly. Was a tough place in the 80’s. Now it’s transitioning women, gentrification and drum circles.

Love where I live now in rural Japan. My house and land cost less than 20K and the living is easy.

Going back stateside after the kids enter college looks like maybe Milwaukee. Have family there and really like the city.

Folks are old But just built a house in central PA 30min from Statecollege. Won’t be getting rid of that place.

My dream is a homestead on N. Idaho, Montana or Wyoming.

I’m a city boy but really prefer the community and warmth of rural areas. Less riff raff too.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Vegas, would be there now if it wasn't for this virus. The 3 mo summers in Maine has got old along time ago. Summer of 2019 was horrible, started late, never got over 80 and ended way early. And then this yr most lakes opened late due to virus and then our favorite lake got close due to a covid outbreak at there beaches.

Reactions: CFM
Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Was in Costa Rica for vacation not a bad spot to hang out for a while. Hospital, expats, etc.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Was in Costa Rica for vacation not a bad spot to hang out for a while. Hospital, expats, etc.

Agree. Outside the US Costa Rica and Thailand would top my list. I think $20 grand in the bank gets you permanent residency in Thailand.

Reactions: CFM
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic