Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Parler

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
The NSA watches all this stuff for national security threats, physical threats to the Prez, etc. I don't see what's so great about it, but then again I don't do twitter, instagram, etc.
Twitter and Facebook went over the top on censorship these last few weeks. They definitely didn't seem frightened by the talking-to they got by the US Senate.

I use Facebook mostly for family and friend things. I use Instagram mostly for bodybuilder pictures. So I don't see a change there personally.

Twitter has pissed me off, banning people I follow like James Woods and the New York Post, as well as censoring anyone right leaning (and not censoring the same post made by a lefty). And just lately a bunch of mainstream news people, not just the extreme ones, are getting censored all the friggen time.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I hear Parler is a bit glitchy right now because of the masses joining there. I haven’t personally looked into it yet.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The NSA watches all this stuff for national security threats, physical threats to the Prez, etc. I don't see what's so great about it, but then again I don't do twitter, instagram, etc.

I'll probably keep FB for certain things and people I follow, but will probably get a Parler account to follow more political type posts. I honestly have not seen any left-wing writers censored....not saying none have, I just haven't seen it, at least to a large degree like conservatives have. Just this week, Marc Levin, a conservative talk show/TV host, was censored for citing.....the constitution. WTF? I'll admit i'm a bit biased as I lean right, but 2 of my own posts just over this last night have been deleted and censored by FB, and I have no clue as to the reason why. It's way over the top, and seems to have kicked into even higher gear over the past week since Biden has been 'elected.'

I don't condone violence or threats, so i'm fine with those being censored even if they come from the right. That should not be tolerated. I would hope Parler censors that crap out.

Yea, I don't do twitter either, and IG is retarded and weird to navigate imo. I only go to IG to read posts by a few people, but mainly for Dante Trudel (DoggCrapp).

Hopefully more people come back to the forums though....it's in dire need everywhere!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

NSA watches everything we do online, including all emails. Read about PRISM which it allows the NSA to request data on specific people from major technology companies like Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Apple, YouTube, Microsoft and Skype, and others. The NSA has set up “backbone” and “peering” facilities in several major US cities and all over the world. All internet traffic goes through these. Because of the Patriot Act AT&T has been required by law to allow NSA to use their 19,500 "points of presence" in 149 countries where internet traffic is exchanged. This program is called Fairview. NSA is allowed to tap into international telecommunications cables, routers, and switches. In short, NSA is tapped in to all the network backbones where all electronic communications go to be routed. NSA also has the capability to intercepting traffic and decrypting SSL and HTTPS data.

Here is a good article on NSA spying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5886229/The-NSA-spy-hubs-hidden-plain-sight-country.html

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I don't have a single Social Network account. Geeezzz.. I am not 14 years old and need people to validate a new picture every day and hear how pretty I am. Social Media is the downfall of the world. Too many a-holes with a platform to spit out stupidity and hate. Oh, Crap... I just did the same thing.. oh well this is The Den, we are better than the rest of them

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I don't have a single Social Network account. Geeezzz.. I am not 14 years old and need people to validate a new picture every day and hear how pretty I am.
Facebook is old and the kids have moved onto other platforms, leaving us Boomers and Gen Xers posting pictures of our cats, kids, and vacations, and of course bitching about the Millennials.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
NSA watches everything we do online, including all emails. Read about PRISM which it allows the NSA to request data on specific people from major technology companies like Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Apple, YouTube, Microsoft and Skype, and others. The NSA has set up “backbone” and “peering” facilities in several major US cities and all over the world. All internet traffic goes through these. Because of the Patriot Act AT&T has been required by law to allow NSA to use their 19,500 "points of presence" in 149 countries where internet traffic is exchanged. This program is called Fairview. NSA is allowed to tap into international telecommunications cables, routers, and switches. In short, NSA is tapped in to all the network backbones where all electronic communications go to be routed. NSA also has the capability to intercepting traffic and decrypting SSL and HTTPS data.

Here is a good article on NSA spying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5886229/The-NSA-spy-hubs-hidden-plain-sight-country.html

BT, how can/could one get around the "backbone" if he/she wanted to place an order?...

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I briefly mentioned it above, but I like using FB to view certain research writings posted, or people like Lyle McDonald's group, etc. I also will keep it as it helps me with genealogy searches. Distant family I don't know, or have never met, will sometimes post old pictures of our ancestors i've never seen, and it's cool to see and save those for my own tree. Most of my close friends will also keep FB so we will keep in touch and do group video chats to catch up and BS. I'm hoping the mass exodus away from FB doesn't mess these channels up for me. However, I do plan to at least check out Parler for other things.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Its got some bumps in it, to be sure. But so what? Do it to fuck Fuckerberg and Dorsey. I dont even use either very much but if I do it will be Parler. Im done being part of the problem using those cockbags platforms.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
BT, how can/could one get around the "backbone" if he/she wanted to place an order?...

You can't, but by using a VPN with maximum encryption levels you can avoid them being able to read your stuff. Using a VPN, everything you do gets routed through another server. The servers usually use a high grade encryption based on the cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm. So while they can take data from the email and stuff you send, it is not readable. You VPN should also be able to be manually set to Data encryption: AES-256, Data authentication: SHA256, and Handshake: RSA-4096. AES-256 encryption. AES-256 algorithm was approved by the NSA for handling top secret information. All government agencies use this algorithm to send classified and secret data. The great thing about AES-256 is AES 256 is it is virtually impenetrable using brute-force methods. While other levels can be cracked in less than a day, AES would take billions of years to break using current computing technology.

So by using a good secure, no log VPN your data is encrypted and unreadable, plus your computers IP address is completely hidden and your location is changed to pretty much anywhere you want. I can post here from Russia if I change the location of my VPN. You should also get a VPN for you phone. If you are placing orders, this is ESPECIALLY important. Even posting on forums like this. Always be safe
because there is always someone watching.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You can't, but by using a VPN with maximum encryption levels you can avoid them being able to read your stuff. Using a VPN, everything you do gets routed through another server. The servers usually use a high grade encryption based on the cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm. So while they can take data from the email and stuff you send, it is not readable. You VPN should also be able to be manually set to Data encryption: AES-256, Data authentication: SHA256, and Handshake: RSA-4096. AES-256 encryption. AES-256 algorithm was approved by the NSA for handling top secret information. All government agencies use this algorithm to send classified and secret data. The great thing about AES-256 is AES 256 is it is virtually impenetrable using brute-force methods. While other levels can be cracked in less than a day, AES would take billions of years to break using current computing technology.

So by using a good secure, no log VPN your data is encrypted and unreadable, plus your computers IP address is completely hidden and your location is changed to pretty much anywhere you want. I can post here from Russia if I change the location of my VPN. You should also get a VPN for you phone. If you are placing orders, this is ESPECIALLY important. Even posting on forums like this. Always be safe
because there is always someone watching.

When I programmed (worked for DHMV as an computer operator while attending college for computer science with a concentration in programming) I was taught that no matter what the encryption level, once it's reaches the "backbone", it has to be broke down into machine language so that it can be passed on to the desired destination...Has this changed?...If not, that means encryption is shit...All u would have to do is look at the machine language and be able to tell what was typed (communicated)...Follow?...I'm not sure...It's been 30+ years since I programmed!...Also, guess who runs the "backbone"?...

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Is Parler buggy? I set up an account and it still won't let me in.

The phone app is very buggy I had issue logging in too after registering online using my computer.

Seems kinda like twittter.

My Handle there: FLEXjs (surprise, surprise, lol)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic