Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My gym screwing around with membership dues

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
When COVID hit, my gym suspended its memberships and paused billing. Its a lifetime fitness. I went there because it was close to where I brought my daughter to dance, but for the past year before covid, she had not been going there and I just went out of habit.

I have a full gym at home, but like getting out of the house. Well, my gym started billing me again, and I called up and said I wanted to cancel. They gave me all the run around....I have to drive in there, sign papers and give them a 30 day notice.

I think this is really bad form considering what is going on. I said...'come on man...really". And they were not flexing on it. I can appreciate that business is tough for them, but making people jump though a bunch of hurdles to cancel is sh!tty if you ask me.

I just hung the phone up and call my credit card company up to dispute the charges. I think I am going to workout at home for a while. Just part of my groove now. I am a creature of habit.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Had the same shit with my gym, but I didnt have to do a dispute. They finally canceled it after a lot of back and forth.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If I had your home gym @macgyver I'm not sure I would leave. Invite a buddy over if you need the motivation (doesn't look like you do) or invite a not so smart friend over for gym laughs.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
No doubt, I have less than half of your home gym and I’ve been happily plugging away there for 15 years. Those lifetime places are like the country club of old, only thing missing is the golf course. Some even have a liquor license. It doesn’t surprise me that you have cancellation issues. Auto billing non attending members is the only way they can afford to stay in business

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
If I had your home gym or invite a not so smart friend over for gym laughs.

Hey man, you want to come over for a workout? :D

Yea to the other comments, I am a creature of habit, and I got used to my routine of getting ready to go, and driving to the gym and coming home.

The hardest part of working out at home is finding that transition where I stop working and get ready to train. I have to force myself to step out of my office, and put the mouse down.

For me, making a good prelockout and adding some additional caffeine is part of my routine now. ;) At one time, I almost considered going for a drive. It was part of my routine before, drinking pre-workout and cranking some good music. Be kind of silly to do that now!

On the plus, it has motivated me to get some new things for the home gym. My daughter has picked up training and it has been hard to find any equip since COVID. I finally snatched up a set of bumpers from Rogue and a Bella bar. I have been using it for some training, Just nice to have variety.

Daughter got her first blisters.... Got to have the 'talk' with her...... About proper use of gym chalk! ;)

qXN6RA0.jpg

7RJGbGS.jpg

Asx0w1D.jpg

Last edited:
MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Just paid my dues for next year at 24 Hours fitness, it was $20.
But my wifes membership didnt show up. She hasnt been there in years and neither have I but for 20 a year I keep both.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Just paid my dues for next year at 24 Hours fitness, it was $20.
But my wifes membership didnt show up. She hasnt been there in years and neither have I but for 20 a year I keep both.

Do they have a petting Zoo? Giraffes?

No?

Are you SURE it’s worth $20 a year?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have a membership at a commercial spot that's only 9.95 a month. I keep it b/c they have 2 turfs there so I can do my sled work and farmers work there. It beats driving 45min to do some conditioning at my normal spot.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I was afraid of this. I have 2 gym membership, one is planet fitness. They suspend both of them and from the original emails I got from them i had the impression they would not reactive until I decided to come back. I've got to make sure I'm not getting charge bc of what you guys are telling me. i actually joined a 3rd gym which im still going to because they opened up almost 1-2 months before the others did. What a mess for you all dealing with this. This should not even be an issue.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Do they have a petting Zoo? Giraffes?

No?

Are you SURE it’s worth $20 a year?

Yes, Im sure its $20 a year.
Had the membership for 15+ years.
Had to pay 3 years up front plus some trainer hours at a reduced deal then its been $20 per year.

The Giraffs gym is a lot more than $20 a month, thats where I train now.
I usually just pay the full year since you get a 10% discount if you do.

Reactions: Jin
Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Yes, Im sure its $20 a year.
Had the membership for 15+ years.
Had to pay 3 years up front plus some trainer hours at a reduced deal then its been $20 per year.

The Giraffs gym is a lot more than $20 a month, thats where I train now.
I usually just pay the full year since you get a 10% discount if you do.

Oh, I’m sure that you’re sure that you pay $20 a year. I didn’t question that!

My question was: is it even worth that $20 if they don’t have a petting zoo;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic