Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Moved my home gym from my garage to my basement.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
After countless years of lifting in the garage I was finally able to move my home gym inside the house.

My son moved out this summer, so we moved the home office from the basement to his room and I finally got the flooring today that I ordered back in August today so we gutted this room and put down the rubber floor and moved everything inside.

Still have more equipment on the way (weight tree, Monster Lite rack, Ohio Bar and a flat bench, all from Rogue). Shipped Friday. Should be awesome when it's all done.

Here's a pic of what I have so far.

PF7qAjd.jpg

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
My gym is in the basement as well. Nice that you have a basketball court for cardio

My stepson's. He had shit all over the walls. Mostly silly posters from when he was a kid. When Mrs Flex did Video Conferences she had to use a fake background. LOL. He took everything down except that. So what the hell. I left it.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
My stepson's. He had shit all over the walls. Mostly silly posters from when he was a kid. When Mrs Flex did Video Conferences she had to use a fake background. LOL. He took everything down except that. So what the hell. I left it.
Lot of rush and Kim Mitchell posters I imagine.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Nice move flex but do the ceilings have room for the rack?

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
The part that the barbell is hanging on, does that work as a safety catch? I miss having that save-your-ass ledge that some gyms had.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
The part that the barbell is hanging on, does that work as a safety catch? I miss having that save-your-ass ledge that some gyms had.

It's kinda like a monolift. When you unrack the bar it moves out of the way so you don't have to walk back your squats.

Nice move flex but do the ceilings have room for the rack?

huh?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . It's kinda like a monolift. When you unrack the bar it moves out of the way so you don't have to walk back your squats . . .

Guessing you could use that thing to duplicate the lift-off a training partner would give you in the Bench ... or won't it come down the uprights low enough?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Guessing you could use that thing to duplicate the lift-off a training partner would give you in the Bench ... or won't it come down the uprights low enough?

You can use it for bench too but I don't.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
It's kinda like a monolift. When you unrack the bar it moves out of the way so you don't have to walk back your squats.

huh?
I didn't even notice the monlift at first... no need for a rack lol

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
A basement gym is nice until you have to move it back upstairs. Not a big fan of cardio lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic