Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Been AWOL for a while but I am back (*Update*)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
For those that don't know (probably most of you) I had a severe bacterial infection in my foot that started in late May and lasted for several weeks and did a lot of damage to my right foot.

I ended up hospitalized for a couple days and on IV antibiotics for more than 2 weeks and couldn't walk for several weeks. The recovery has been long and painful, and I tried to lift a couple days in June but it really aggravated my foot so I stopped again until Sunday. Lifted again this morning and hopefully will be able to continue to do so without aggravating my foot again.

After only 2.5 months off I look like shit and I'm weak as fuck. I've lost about 30 lbs since March when the gyms closed.

But I'm determined to get back to 600+ territory on squat and deads and hopefully get my bench back to tree fiddy or so. (I benched 365 once back in February).

My son moved out last week so we are moving Mrs Flex's home office up into his old room and moving my gym equipment from the garage into the basement. Going to get some horse stall mats for flooring, and add a Rogue Monster Lite rack and Bella bar for Mrs Flex, plus an adjustable bench. May eventually get some dumbbells I dunno. We'll see how much space is left over after I put it all together. I also have a Schwinn magnetic resistance exercise bike that we'll try to squeeze in there and I'll add a weight tree so we don't wreck the walls.

I currently have a Rogue Monster rack with safeties, Landmine and Mono-Lift attachments, York Power bar, Texas Deadlift bar, Rogue Multi-Grip bar and a Rogue curl bar. Also a Rogue Monster bench with Thompson Fat Pad. Also have 810 lbs of plates. So should be a pretty sweet His&Hers setup once it's all in place. Ordering is a pain because things keep going out of stock. Last night every I needed was in stock but I didn't order because I wanted to look at a different bench and now this morning some things are out of stock again. But anyway, I'll get there eventually.

TL;DR:

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome back to the land of living! How’s your foot doing?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Welcome back to the land of living! How’s your foot doing?

Still some swelling but I am able to wear normal shoes again, for the most part.

Pain is almost gone, finally. But some weird sensations here and there; I think there was nerve damage.

Flexibility is not the same as it was so I am still unsteady on my feet, especially going up and down stairs.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I thought the promotion went to your head and you were traveling Europe with your new Super Mod Title....

Welcome back, glad you're healing up. I'm sure you're going to enjoy putting that 30lbs back on!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Been following your fun on IG. Good to see you getting back under the bar.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Glad you're healthy again Flex! Was just thinking about you the other day because a pic of the rps meet came up in my timeline. I have no doubt you'll be back in the 600's, probably within a Yr . I'm sure Mrs is still feeding you well too. Hope to see your log pick back up

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
welcome back bro, feel better. I'm battling my PF, worse than it's ever been - certainly no infection, but I can empathize.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Wear a mask next time you post a video, you could've killed someone.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
For those that don't know (probably most of you) I had a severe bacterial infection in my foot that started in late May and lasted for several weeks and did a lot of damage to my right foot.

I ended up hospitalized for a couple days and on IV antibiotics for more than 2 weeks and couldn't walk for several weeks. The recovery has been long and painful, and I tried to lift a couple days in June but it really aggravated my foot so I stopped again until Sunday. Lifted again this morning and hopefully will be able to continue to do so without aggravating my foot again.
]

Holy crap man....had no idea. Hope things sort themselves out. I know not much has stopped you before and I assume that will be the case forward. Just take it slow and steady. Very little doubt you will be right back!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Were you the guy with the hot wife and the cool cars?

I think I remember you too, glad you're back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic