pbtom
What's New?

Inter-individual Genetic Response to Enhancement Inputs

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Interesting....from this vid...i learned that the body once it reaches a certain level of toxicity-you will no longer experience gains/muscle growth. So finding that sweet spot in the body to learn when this happens and adjust. That is, if are using anabolics. Of course this doesn't apply to natural freaks.

Also, I had no idea who this Scott Stevenson is....very knowledgeable. Might look him up to follow him and watch some other vids he has done. Thanks JWilson for posting.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I met Scott at SWIS conf in Canada in 2016. They hosted a closed door 2 hr Q&A on PEDs. Ben Johnson and Dorian Yates were there along with a large panel of PhDs and MDs that either compete themselves or work with enhanced competitors. Solid group of smart guys. The biggest takeaway is that you have to figure out what works for you, effects and sides. So many variables that can influence an outcome with not only training and diet, but any given drug or combo in an individual.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I've started watching it and they seem EXTREMELY knowledgeable from my non-medical background (I barely know what mTOR is). The data and charts seem legit.

Now I need some Dom Mazzetti to let my brain rest.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@DungeonDweller bwahaha for sure right. They are all about the science which is where is it at for sure to maximize benefit of any drug in your system (aas or non-aas for that matter).

Hubs and I love Dom!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Guy A : genetically average but knows everything and is disciplined and dedicated and determined.

Guy B : genetically superior but knows very little and is lazy and and unfocused.

Guy B looks better 99% of the time.

I think we can all agree that genetics play a giant role in how (how fast, how healthy, how strong, how proportional, how symmetrical, etc) the physique will develop.

I feel the same is true for how you will or won’t respond to compounds. Biochemical individuality.

Arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible, and then be prepared to shrug your shoulders and try something different than what makes sense.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Question for the vets. Years ago we discussed this on the Elite Board, there were a couple of the female BBs that said they had better results with higher dosing using orals infrequently vs spreading the same dosing more evenly over a week. For example, Var 5 mg twice a day, 10 mg once a day, 20 mg EOD or 25 mg MWF pre workout, they will all give roughly the same total weekly dose, but which one produces the best anabolic response? One reason to frequent dose is the shorter half life, but is it necessary and is the lower dose actually producing a lesser response? Given most of the compounds do not strongly bind to the androgen receptor what and where is protein synthesis being initiated and how long does that pathway stay activated? Do we need the drug in circulation constantly or will a higher burst dose done less frequently yield a better response overall. We can hypothesize, but has anyone compared any of these? "try something different than what makes sense."

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
?One reason to frequent dose is the shorter half life, but is it necessary and is the lower dose actually producing a lesser response? Given most of the compounds do not strongly bind to the androgen receptor what and where is protein synthesis being initiated and how long does that pathway stay activated?

What do u know about the binding ability?... What does this actually mean?...Say all compounds had the same binding affinity, which one would be the best to use then?...We are talking anabolic compounds of course...

Do we need the drug in circulation constantly or will a higher burst dose done less frequently yield a better response overall. We can hypothesize, but has anyone compared any of these? "try something different than what makes sense."

Years ago I read on a few other boards where a few iron Bros had tried both scenarios....There was a 50% take....Some said there was a difference, some said not....

Do you have/know what the science indicates on it?....

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
What do u know about the binding ability?... What does this actually mean?...Say all compounds had the same binding affinity, which one would be the best to use then?...We are talking anabolic compounds of course...

Years ago I read on a few other boards where a few iron Bros had tried both scenarios....There was a 50% take....Some said there was a difference, some said not....

Do you have/know what the science indicates on it?....

The only binding study was by Saartok et al 1984, that's the one frequently cited. In humans we really don't know or what other pathways are activated. No papers that I know of address it. I think there was a study done with corticosteroids for a particular condition where it was found that large intermittent dosing worked better than less daily, that is where the idea came from years ago. I just wondered if anyone had any further personal experience with it.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
The only binding study was by Saartok et al 1984, that's the one frequently cited. In humans we really don't know or what other pathways are activated. No papers that I know of address it. I think there was a study done with corticosteroids for a particular condition where it was found that large intermittent dosing worked better than less daily, that is where the idea came from years ago. I just wondered if anyone had any further personal experience with it.

U've got me curious now...On that study regarding corticosteroids, human I assume, how many were in the study?....I remember quiet a few back in the day that were talking about it...Even read some where , where they were actually being asinine to each other about it...

What's the difference between corticosteriods and anabolic/androgenic steroids?...Now, I know the laymen difference, but not the technical....Is it even possible to make an legitimate comparison on the two?....Preash ate u replying back at me bro?...

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic