Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Smallest size pin?

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Oh dear lord, I've never met such a bunch of scared ass little girls.

Grab a fukkin 18ga and pin it. You will never complain about a 23ga again.

I've been pinning for 30+ years and cant not tell you the amount of scar tissue I have. A slin pin wont do it anywhere but the stomach for me.

Hell I pinned with a 25ga last week and had to re-pin in the calf. It just would not go into the delt and cracked the whole time. Then when I tried to punch the plunger it wouldnt budge, not a damn bit. Lol

So I switched pin top and pinned the calf. I can still pin the general areas if I use a 23, like delta, glutes and quads but anything smaller is just difficult. Now pinning calf, pec, bicep or other minor areas, no issues still.

I do use a 27ga when I pin the stomach though, always subQ in that area of course.
Same here. I remember using Redijets with their 1g 1.5 harpoons and don't have fond memories of that. lol At the same time, I don't see the benefit of using a smaller needle if you have to heat your oil first and still spend a minute or two pressing on the plunger. I've been using 22g or 23g for two decades... nice and simple.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I’m 50, have over 10yrs of 2-3 shots per week (continuous) 23 gx 1” or even 22g x 1.5” in delts, glutes and quads with no scar tissue. I think some folks underestimate how tough our bodies are. If you don’t rotate sites and favored 1 way too much it might get “gristle-y” when you insert the needle there.

We train with weights, micro tears happen all day long in muscle and it doesn’t mean they develop scars. Why would that same tissue have trouble accommodating a 1-3ml liquid bonus that absorbs in a week? Unless you are extremely prone to scarring (keloids etc.)
I think it has to do with frequency more than pin size. I have a lot of scar tissue in my front delts, side delts and triceps, but I did ed shots for long periods of time over the last thirty years, hitting my delts and tri's at at least once a wk in my rotation.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

I've been pinning for 30+ years and cant not tell you the amount of scar tissue I have. A slin pin wont do it anywhere but the stomach for me.

Hell I pinned with a 25ga last week and had to re-pin in the calf. It just would not go into the delt and cracked the whole time. Then when I tried to punch the plunger it wouldnt budge, not a damn bit. Lol

So I switched pin top and pinned the calf. I can still pin the general areas if I use a 23, like delta, glutes and quads but anything smaller is just difficult. Now pinning calf, pec, bicep or other minor areas, no issues still.

I do use a 27ga when I pin the stomach though, always subQ in that area of course.

You make a very convincing argument

for us scared ass little girls to continue to use smaller needles.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Totally not trying to be a dick either, haha. Just saying, I’ll keep my baby’s butt shoulder skin (covered in black hair).
Wasn't thinking that at all. That's why I cracked up. You could t have been more right in your statement. :p

Fukked part is, anyone who pins that often, that volume for that long, will have the same or similar effects. In the end, a larger gauge is needed for the dumbasses like myself that have used so much for so long.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wasn't thinking that at all. That's why I cracked up. You could t have been more right in your statement. :p

Fukked part is, anyone who pins that often, that volume for that long, will have the same or similar effects. In the end, a larger gauge is needed for the dumbasses like myself that have used so much for so long.

Hoping for some more discussion on this larger gauge concept. I'm a few yrs behind Navy in pinning yrs and in scar tissue yrs. Been using 23g the whole time and finally just switched to smaller pins. I figured a smaller gauge would kinda slither its way through existing scar tissue better than my 23's, but what I'm seeing here is the opposite ... that you eventually reach a point where you gotta bulldoze your way through with bigger pins?

Any other thoughts on this?

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I started the thread to see what see what others were using.I'm still using 27 and I'll think that's where i'm going stay.Thanks guy's.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Does anyone still use suspension these days?...

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
This thread ended up kinda entertaining. I had to pull the pin out of my right glute a couple weeks ago. The oil wouldn't go in either. I have a few "crackle " spots but this was the first time I had to pull it and put it someplace else.

I've been using a 23 for years. I use slin pins whenever possible.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012

I've been pinning for 30+ years and cant not tell you the amount of scar tissue I have.

My HERO!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic