Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Scott Weiland dies at 48

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Its pathetic how far off the mark the movie was. Things like Brians hearing loss was blamed on his father hitting him on the same side of the head so many times he eventually sustained hearing loss. I think most people who become alcoholics have anxiety / ocd, and also use to self medicate for mental issues ie. depression, paranoid schitzo, bi-polar, etc.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
...Can they help it?...Should we judge them?...That's a good addiction!...Same as working the ole bod......pure choc is supposed to be good for u

I sit in judgment of no one -- we're ALL broken humanity in some way or another, just in different degrees and individual areas. Yes, like iron, dark chocolate is excellent for the heart as well as a mood enhancer ;) and thanx, there are a lot of smart people on this board which keeps me coming back...that and the sheer entertainment factor from the lightning-quick wits and the off-the-wall shoutbox chatter.:p

I recently watched a documentary on Whitney Houston's death -- she was acutely intoxicated w/ cocaine and assorted anti-anxiety drugs were found in her bloodstream, the evidence on the bathroom counter -- she was also drinking heavily. Houston wore dentures, the coroner's report indicated, common among long-term drug abusers due to the acidic chemicals, and perhaps vomiting and tooth grinding, which is also common among drug and alcohol abusers. The coroner said she had mild emphysema and was losing her voice. She was terribly anxious about her performance and comeback and couldn't break the cigarette habit. The coroner said she was so 'out of it' that she didn't realize the water in her tub at the Beverly Hilton was extremely hot at 93.5 degrees and according to the anatomical records must've stood there (didn't take long) until her legs & feet sent her into shock and she collapsed forward and drowned. Not a member of the '27' club like Cobain, Hendrix, Joplin, or Jim Morrison, but a tragic end to an obviously substance-controlled person who couldn't cope without them.

You mention pain and it's easy to see how addictive narcotics can be because the same areas of the brain that correlate to pleasure induced by the dopamine spike are the same areas affecting addiction (whether it be sex, shopping, gambling, drugs, gluttony, exercise) and even the sensation of pain. I've read from neuroscientists about the mind-body connection and an interesting book on how the body doesn't register pain at all. Pain is only in the brain. People can even become addicted to pain (!) which I suppose would be 'cutters'. These patients may perceive pain-free periods as bland, stressful, and unfulfilling and themselves as numb. They may turn to addictive drugs and alcohol as a means of overcoming this stress and numbing and recreating the seemingly paradoxical highs they felt while in pain.

I think these extreme high-living rock stars are doing the same thing -- finding life stressful in their need to keep performing, bland and unfulfilling/numbing without addictive substances to recreate the high they must feel when on top of the world. Then the physical addiction takes over and they're psychologically and physically caught in a downward spiral.

And yes, in this world of digitized social media, people are more disconnected from a support group than ever. I see no sign of our isolationism improving which will only lead to an increase in suicides and the continued escalation of improper drug use. Generations Z and Alpha won't know what it's like to really 'know' their neighbors' lives and provide a support network -- they may not even know support in their own families as people move for jobs and lose touch w/ even their own kin. I looked this up today, you might find the following interesting:

The students of our world today who are currently at school and university are the children of Generation X, born between 1995 and 2009.
Generation Z is the largest generation ever, comprising almost 30% of the world’s population. Globally there are almost 2 billion of them.
They are the first fully global generation, shaped in the 21st century, connected through digital devices, and engaged through social media.

Gen Z facts: Also known as ‘generation connected’ or ‘dot com kids’
  • 1 in 2 predicted to obtain a uni degree
  • By 2025, will make up 27% of the workforce
  • Predicted to work 18 jobs across 6 careers and live in 15 homes in their lifetime
  • 2,000,000,000 Gen Zs globally
  • Use language like ‘Fam’, ‘FOMO’ and ‘YOLO’
Gen Alpha: Following the Gen Zeds are our pre-schooler and kindergarteners of today – Born since the year 2010, they are the children of Gen Y, and they are truly the millennial generation, born and shaped fully in the 21st century. They are logged on and linked up – known as ‘digital natives’. They are the most materially endowed and technologically literate generation to ever grace the planet!

Will add you to my prayer list for healing. You might look into therapeutic CBD products for relief and here's a link to check out, not sure if it works but if pain is only a brain/nerve reaction creating a perception of pain it's worth looking into. This patch interferes with the nerve to brain connection it seems, eliminating the brain's perception of pain. No drugs, just electrical science.
https://zangdeal.com/kailo-patch/?src=yt

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Its pathetic how far off the mark the movie was. Things like Brians hearing loss was blamed on his father hitting him on the same side of the head so many times he eventually sustained hearing loss. I think most people who become alcoholics have anxiety / ocd, and also use to self medicate for mental issues ie. depression, paranoid schitzo, bi-polar, etc.

Wow, were they off...Brian's dad was hit on the side of the head w/ a pipe by his dad, so the violence repeated itself but the hearing loss was caused outside the family.

Yes, I agree, anxiety and self-medication for depression etc. leads to a large majority of addictions. They should switch to Iron, a much healthier one - need to catch the vibe.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I sit in judgment of no one -- we're ALL broken humanity in some way or another, just in different degrees and individual areas. Yes, like iron, dark chocolate is excellent for the heart as well as a mood enhancer ;) and thanx, there are a lot of smart people on this board which keeps me coming back...that and the sheer entertainment factor from the lightning-quick wits and the off-the-wall shoutbox chatter.:p

There is a chem in choc. that's responsible for the good...However, there is irony to this coin (other side)...That same chem which is good for us, also is the one that can kill dogs...Never knew iron was good for the heart, lesson learned!...

Your welcome!...Yeah, it's a board where u feel like the people are "real", *LOL*...I like being able to interact and still know the person is a person...Don't pay much attention to the box, but when I do, like u say, it's definitely entertaining!!!!

I recently watched a documentary on Whitney Houston's death -- she was acutely intoxicated w/ cocaine and assorted anti-anxiety drugs were found in her bloodstream, the evidence on the bathroom counter -- she was also drinking heavily. Houston wore dentures, the coroner's report indicated, common among long-term drug abusers due to the acidic chemicals, and perhaps vomiting and tooth grinding, which is also common among drug and alcohol abusers. The coroner said she had mild emphysema and was losing her voice. She was terribly anxious about her performance and comeback and couldn't break the cigarette habit. The coroner said she was so 'out of it' that she didn't realize the water in her tub at the Beverly Hilton was extremely hot at 93.5 degrees and according to the anatomical records must've stood there (didn't take long) until her legs & feet sent her into shock and she collapsed forward and drowned. Not a member of the '27' club like Cobain, Hendrix, Joplin, or Jim Morrison, but a tragic end to an obviously substance-controlled person who couldn't cope without them.

She seemed like a down to earth person...I watched a movie awhile back on her and it made it seem like Brown might have had a hand in it....Of course, Tina Turner didn't let Ike turn her into an addict, so, as u said in the couple of post prior, it's really up to the person to exercise self-control!...That's really sad when u end up taking in so much, that it literally causes physical damage to that degree!...

Man, Kirk, Jimmi, and Jim were some of my favs....Never really got into Janis, but did like a couple of here songs...Jim was a pshco tho *LOL*...I wonder how many of their songs were carved from the "black"...

You mention pain and it's easy to see how addictive narcotics can be because the same areas of the brain that correlate to pleasure induced by the dopamine spike are the same areas affecting addiction (whether it be sex, shopping, gambling, drugs, gluttony, exercise) and even the sensation of pain. I've read from neuroscientists about the mind-body connection and an interesting book on how the body doesn't register pain at all. Pain is only in the brain. People can even become addicted to pain (!) which I suppose would be 'cutters'. These patients may perceive pain-free periods as bland, stressful, and unfulfilling and themselves as numb. They may turn to addictive drugs and alcohol as a means of overcoming this stress and numbing and recreating the seemingly paradoxical highs they felt while in pain.

Yes, I have read on that too!...Funny u mention how people can become addicted to it...I watched and episode of "1000 ways to die" (don't do that often) and one of the events was of a guy who was into hooking electrodes (actually battery cables) to his nipples...Then he would have his lover apply the juice gradually all the while having sex in order to enhance the experience...I can't remember what device he was using to regulate the electricity, I think it might have been a variable battery charger...Anyway, he was having a session without his lover, and ended up electrocuting himself...He turned it up to high!...Is that insane or what?....I know u have heard of people saying, "wow, that was electrifying", I guess this dude over did it?....

I think these extreme high-living rock stars are doing the same thing -- finding life stressful in their need to keep performing, bland and unfulfilling/numbing without addictive substances to recreate the high they must feel when on top of the world. Then the physical addiction takes over and they're psychologically and physically caught in a downward spiral.

Yep yep, I can see that being the case!!!!

And yes, in this world of digitized social media, people are more disconnected from a support group than ever. I see no sign of our isolationism improving which will only lead to an increase in suicides and the continued escalation of improper drug use. Generations Z and Alpha won't know what it's like to really 'know' their neighbors' lives and provide a support network -- they may not even know support in their own families as people move for jobs and lose touch w/ even their own kin. I looked this up today, you might find the following interesting:

The students of our world today who are currently at school and university are the children of Generation X, born between 1995 and 2009.
Generation Z is the largest generation ever, comprising almost 30% of the world’s population. Globally there are almost 2 billion of them.
They are the first fully global generation, shaped in the 21st century, connected through digital devices, and engaged through social media.

Gen Z facts: Also known as ‘generation connected’ or ‘dot com kids’
  • 1 in 2 predicted to obtain a uni degree
  • By 2025, will make up 27% of the workforce
  • Predicted to work 18 jobs across 6 careers and live in 15 homes in their lifetime
  • 2,000,000,000 Gen Zs globally
  • Use language like ‘Fam’, ‘FOMO’ and ‘YOLO’
Gen Alpha: Following the Gen Zeds are our pre-schooler and kindergarteners of today – Born since the year 2010, they are the children of Gen Y, and they are truly the millennial generation, born and shaped fully in the 21st century. They are logged on and linked up – known as ‘digital natives’. They are the most materially endowed and technologically literate generation to ever grace the planet!

No doubt!...I have 3 girls (grown women now),that fit into these cats!...My youngest can't go anywhere without an Iphone and constantly is using it no matter where she is or what she is doing...Unreal!....

Will add you to my prayer list for healing. You might look into therapeutic CBD products for relief and here's a link to check out, not sure if it works but if pain is only a brain/nerve reaction creating a perception of pain it's worth looking into. This patch interferes with the nerve to brain connection it seems, eliminating the brain's perception of pain. No drugs, just electrical science.
https://zangdeal.com/kailo-patch/?src=yt

Yeah hun, I've tried all of that!...It just doesn't do any good....The "tens" treatment would dull it, however, as soon as I disconnected I was back where I started...Only thing that will touch it is the narcs and they will only do it at about 90%...I think I have severe nerve damage!...Been in quite a few accidents!....Broke both arms, both bones in the lower left leg (leg was almost severed from the knee down and took a hunk of my calf out...they had to connect a rod from my knee down to my ankle),hit a car when I was 17 going 70 while riding an motorcycle, been rear-ended twice coming off the interstate, shot, knifed, and a few other things....Basically just broke up, *LOL*...Had migraines since i was 4...Soo, I think I might just have to live with it...Tired of it tho, I can tell u that!!!!

I appreciate your prayer(s) too!...Something we all need!!!!

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
...Never knew iron was good for the heart...never really got into Janis, but did like a couple of her songs...Jim was a pshco tho *LOL*........Broke both arms, both bones in the lower left leg (leg was almost severed from the knee down and took a hunk of my calf out...they had to connect a rod from my knee down to my ankle),hit a car when I was 17 going 70 while riding an motorcycle, been rear-ended twice coming off the interstate, shot, knifed, and a few other things....Basically just broke up, *LOL*...Had migraines since i was 4...

Oh my bad, I should've clarified Iron and said 'pumping' iron instead of abbreviating my thought when lumping it w/chocolate -- I meant the addiction of working out with iron, not the mineral lol, is good for the heart & mood enhancing, please forgive me.

Janis, me neither, Jim Morrison yeah he was 'out there' concert attendees really got a show, he was extreme, it was bound to be a bad ending.

I've been thru the migraines and out on the other side...not fun...but yowza, you're alive after a motorcycle collision at 70mph? You must have several guardian angels that team up to keep you movin' forward. You'll meet them someday and they'll ask you, "Dude, what were you thinkin'!?"

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Oh my bad, I should've clarified Iron and said 'pumping' iron instead of abbreviating my thought when lumping it w/chocolate -- I meant the addiction of working out with iron, not the mineral lol, is good for the heart & mood enhancing, please forgive me.

See, u are smart!...Smarter than I...If I were at your level, I would have caught that ;)...No need to apologize!...

Jim Morrison yeah he was 'out there' concert attendees really got a show, he was extreme, it was bound to be a bad ending.

No doubt!...What got me about him was, supposedly he was inherently shy!...Can u believe that?...Use to sing with his back towards the audience....

I've been thru the migraines and out on the other side...not fun...but yowza, you're alive after a motorcycle collision at 70mph? You must have several guardian angels that team up to keep you movin' forward. You'll meet them someday and they'll ask you, "Dude, what were you thinkin'!?"

Sorry to hear that, Pearl...I use to wait until the migraines were full blown (sick, light sensitive, etc) it would take at least 2-3 days for it to go away!...

Yeah, I had the right of way, but the girl was 19 and hadn't been driving that long...She ended up turning in front of me, then noticed that I was tracking up on her quickly *LOL*, then panicked and stopped right in the middle of the road!...I screamed like a, (please don't take offense to this) little girl!...I saw her making the turn and leaned the bike towards the back of her car...If she would have completed the turn, I would have got around...Anyway, I wound up hitting her in the back tire and it completed dislodged the axle assembly from the car...My bike ended up in a ball of metal in the side of the car...It catapulted me into the air...I ended up rotating 3 times before landing in the middle of the street on the other side of the car...That's when i broke my arm for the second time...Pretty sure it messed my back up too!...I pinched a nerve later on squatting heavy after that as well...I had pain thru out the years, but it would go away, then in my 30's it wouldn't stop...

I don't really believe that the angels actually protect us, Pearl...Not saying they can't, just don't think they do it regularly...The doc that treated me said I should have shattered every bone in my body along with rupturing all the internals...After I landed in the street, I jumped up and ran to the side of the road and got on the sidewalk and began to pace back and forth until the ambulance arrived....I felt no pain...I was in shock and couldn't believe that I was alive...Anyway, my dad ask the doctor how I was able to survive that after he saw the pics of the scene...Also, *LOL* there was a jogger that eye witnessed the whole thing and followed the ambulance to the hospital...He was also not believing that I was alive...He talked to my dad and told him what I had went thru...The doc claimed that the muscularity saved my life!!!...He said that if it wouldn't have been for the muscles, the energy released would have crushed my bones and internals...The muscles absorbed the energy, rather than the bones and internals...So, with being an atheist at the time and not living to good of a life, I'm gonna go with i was just fortunate and thankful that I was into lifting....

What was I thinking?...Didn't have time too...I screamed then *bam*...Once I seen the car begin to turn, I leaned automatically, while screaming at the same time, really thought I was gonna die...Basically, Pearl, at that time in my life I wasn't into drugs, I drank occasionally on the weekend...I was a risk taker, it gave that "high"...That's pretty much why I'm in the shape I am now....Also, a lot of stuff wasn't my fault that happened to me...The stabbing wasn't, the shooting either....It was risky behavior and flat out misfortune...*LOL* I even almost crashed my airplane on final when 4 military jets flew right underneath me..The jet wash traveled up into my wings and caused my Cessna to wobble like a top (side to side actually) ...I ended up doing what my instructor had taught me and went around and landed...Not my fault....

Look at all the people that pray for some child that has a disease, and all of them are genuine believers, including the child, and yet the child dies?...Or some old person, mid-aged, etc...Some go, some don't...I'm not saying that angels haven't intervened, but it is an rarity from what I can tell...And with me being an out right atheist at the time, just don't think I had their attention *LOL*....

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
I figured it was a driver that didn't see you...they underestimate your speed or flat out don't see you...I don't get it; we lose so many bikers because of driver blindness and negligence. She should've kept moving but panicked. I've loved bikes since I saw the movie 'On Any Sunday' as a child, at the theater w/ my cousin who had a bike (1971, dating myself here). I'm extremely cautious around bikes and give them space. Gonna get a Honda, ride the coastlines, hunt for waterfalls. I'm a MotoGP Championship racing fan though the sport has gotten dull now w/ all the new technology and few good young guns to challenge the veterans. Rossi needs to finish out w/ dignity and not do a Nicky Hayden slide out of the sport (rest in peace). But that's all for a Motorcycle thread lol. You were given the gift of life -- a rescued one -- because there is a plan for you and you need to fulfill all of it. Live! Be safe, be strong, be free.

(And cool on the flying -- if I were a guy I'd be in the airforce like my grandfather -- I'd love to be in a fighter jet!) :cool:

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I figured it was a driver that didn't see you...they underestimate your speed or flat out don't see you...I don't get it; we lose so many bikers because of driver blindness and negligence. She should've kept moving but panicked. I've loved bikes since I saw the movie 'On Any Sunday' as a child, at the theater w/ my cousin who had a bike (1971, dating myself here). I'm extremely cautious around bikes and give them space. Gonna get a Honda, ride the coastlines, hunt for waterfalls. I'm a MotoGP Championship racing fan though the sport has gotten dull now w/ all the new technology and few good young guns to challenge the veterans. Rossi needs to finish out w/ dignity and not do a Nicky Hayden slide out of the sport (rest in peace). But that's all for a Motorcycle thread lol. You were given the gift of life -- a rescued one -- because there is a plan for you and you need to fulfill all of it. Live! Be safe, be strong, be free.

(And cool on the flying -- if I were a guy I'd be in the airforce like my grandfather -- I'd love to be in a fighter jet!) :cool:

Yep!...Most drivers don't have the respect for a motorcycle that they would for a vehicle...And as u say, most just don't see em….Back in 2016, I was headed to the gym on 10 speed (bicycle) and another teen got me...Ran clean over me...Again, became airorne (but didn't get near as high as the motorcycle event) and ended up landing on my back of course, then slid for about 15 or so yards in the ditch...Again, thought I was gonna die as I was sailing thru the air...That's how I broke the leg and almost severed it...Guess what the kid was doing?...Yep, texting!...Didn't even see it coming...All I know is I was jamming on my radio (app on phone) and *bam* airborne...I'm like u, extremely cautious when I come across motorcycles and bicycles...

My step brother used to race motocross back in the 70's and that is what got me into bikes...He was 7 years older than I, so he influenced me pretty heavily...Had my first accident on a yz80 *LOL*...I was 8 or 9 cant remember exactly, just that I was extremely young...I'm not as much of a fan now, but I do understand your love for it...I ended up getting into drag racing cars...Had a 1970 SS Chevelle....Back in the 80's and before, u could go to certain spots outside of town where I'm from and race!...Awesome times!....

Now flying, that was my love...I started at 15, got my student pilot license (can only fly yourself) and only needed to take a check ride with an FAA instructor to get my private license...Never did it...My career choice was made at 13, I knew then that was what I wanted to do for a living...Anyway, I made a super crippling bad choice at that same time and didn't continue on....I did sign up with the navy for fighter pilot, however, they wouldn't let me because I didn't have 20/20...I wish I would have known u then, because my ex-wife didn't like flying...She was terrified of it...Gave it up because of her!...And yeah, man wouldn't I like to get in a fighter jet too!...U stay safe too, Pearl!...Good talking to ya!...It's such a pleasure!...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic