Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What kind of power rack?

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Im gonna go ahead and invest in a power rack. No one knows what the future holds, so I may as well have a way to train. I want one piece that I can do the most amount of movements on, which I believe is a power cage. Im going to buy an adjustable bench and a bar and weights. That will give me the most flexibility in terms of the amount of body parts I can work without taking up my entire garage. Now I have to figure out what brand/model I wanna get and then pre order since everything is sold out now. I'd much rather wait a few months and get the piece I want then rush and get a sub par piece of equipment I wont be happy with in the long run. What say you?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Check this one out....https://www.fitnessfactory.com/item/3281/ppr200x/powerline_ppr200x_power_rack/ ... this one only has a 600lb "safe" capacity though, if that's an issue.

I've never used this cage, but we use the the commercial grade Powerline cages and I've been impressed so far.
That baby looks like all anyone will ever need. I have to say, that incline seat attachment scares the hell out of me; my feet need to be on the floor. And for the price, forgo the lat attachment. Looks unstable and not ready for real weight. Couple of bucks more and you could get a nice LPD and LCR machine.

As for the just the rack, it's a good deal. One thing I'd like to add; if you're going to bench out of it, make sure the hole increments are close. Make that 2 things, bolt that baby to the floor, I have more then one hard rack go south.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
That baby looks like all anyone will ever need. I have to say, that incline seat attachment scares the hell out of me; my feet need to be on the floor. And for the price, forgo the lat attachment. Looks unstable and not ready for real weight. Couple of bucks more and you could get a nice LPD and LCR machine.

As for the just the rack, it's a good deal. One thing I'd like to add; if you're going to bench out of it, make sure the hole increments are close. Make that 2 things, bolt that baby to the floor, I have more then one hard rack go south.
I agree about any of the attachments... way overpriced in my opinion. You can easily find a good plate loaded lat station for the same price or a little over. Just trying to find @enjoy_tren the best deal for a PR from with a brand I have experience with and trust.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014

whats LPD and LCR? Tried to google but no go. Is an inch increment good for a rack?

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Lat Pull Down- Lowe Cable Row. Sorry, was just lazy and not trying to be a know-it-all.
Thanks for the clarification. I though LPD/LCR was a brand, lol. Seems everything is out of stock and its been tough getting a response from various companies about timeline when products will be available.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
btw, is 3 inch a decent amount for increments on the holes? Most are 2 or 3 inches that i've come across.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
If you need to fine-tune the increments on Racks, you can use various thickness wooden boards or flooring for under your feet or under the feet of a Bench. Rubber mats can work too, esp. the real sturdy ones some Gym equipment places sell alongside all the Iron.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
If you need to fine-tune the increments on Racks, you can use various thickness wooden boards or flooring for under your feet or under the feet of a Bench. Rubber mats can work too, esp. the real sturdy ones some Gym equipment places sell alongside all the Iron.

great idea! I knew you would be good for something....eventually

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic