Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What lifts would you be doing?

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I have an Olympic barbell and about 500lbs or so, no dumbbells.
Barbell rows
Military presses standing
Barbell curls
Reverse curls
Overhead tricep exts
Goodmornings
Deads
Barbell shrugs
Barbell front raises
Squats
Lunges
Lots of push ups
Pull ups
Using plates for concentration curls and diff raises for shoulders

Anything else you guys can think of? I’m lifting for bodybuilding purposes mainly

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Do you also have Squat Stands or are you planning lighter weight, higher rep, Squats?

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Do you also have Squat Stands or are you planning lighter weight, higher rep, Squats?
I just am carrying weight outside my apartment in grass is all I have

Reactions: 5.0
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The younger me had an apartment once. Got a bunch of "cement blocks," the kind that are 8"x 8"x16" and mimicked the 4 uprights of a Power Rack/Cage with them. Had a 4"x4" pc. of lumber laid on the 2 at my left, another 4"x4" on the 2 cement uprights to my right, and those two 4"x4"s were like the spotter pins in a steel Rack. Laid my Barbell across them and did bottom > top Squats. Actually, the 1st Rep could be bottom > top with all the rest being Touch+Go.

Awkward af. Primitive af. (also cheap af) Would greatly affect the weight you could use if trying for a 1RM or any relatively low rep max, but I was doing one max set of the classic 20 Rep Breathing Squats at the time so the effect wasn't as much.

Might be a tendency for the Bar to roll off your "Rack" when you set it back down if they aren't 100% level; I defeated that by wadding up a few towels on top of the 4"x4"s and the Bar just sank down into them.

Another tendency might be for one of the cement upright towers to topple if it was 4-5 blocks high with a "footprint" of only one block. I made mine 4 blocks high with footprints of 2 blocks each; each level of blocks was criss-crossed. In other words, a total of 32 blocks needed for my 4-block-high Rack, or 40 damn blocks if you needed it higher. Factor in the 4"x4"s, and those bottom > top Squats start @ 36 or 44" for 4 or 5 blocks high. I'm about 5' 10" and the 4-block Rack left me at a deep-parallel but not as bad as ass2grass.

Not even close to ideal, but Necessity Is A Mother.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like doing 7's/21's for arms with an Olympic Bar. You have most everything else covered

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
You could throw in some wide grip upright rows to hit the lateral delts. Lean slightly forward to isolate them more. For the rear delts, you could do wide grip bent rows pulling to the neck instead of the midsection. I've done both of these before and used a relatively light weight and concentrated on TUT.... 4 count up/4 count down.

I don't know what you're going to do for chest brother without a bench, but all those pushups should help to maintain!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . I don't know what you're going to do for chest brother without a bench, but all those pushups should help to maintain! . . .

Don't make me post my plans for a Handy-Dandy Bench using materials you happen to have laying around + one 2"x10" board :)
That one would pretty much require a spotter, if only for safety during the lift-off.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
You could throw in some wide grip upright rows to hit the lateral delts. Lean slightly forward to isolate them more. For the rear delts, you could do wide grip bent rows pulling to the neck instead of the midsection. I've done both of these before and used a relatively light weight and concentrated on TUT.... 4 count up/4 count down.

I don't know what you're going to do for chest brother without a bench, but all those pushups should help to maintain!
Yeah sucks not having a bench, but hoping push ups and military presses will do the job for now, I’m just not trying to plan on the gyms reopening or staying
Open for sure

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Don't make me post my plans for a Handy-Dandy Bench using materials you happen to have laying around + one 2"x10" board :)
That one would pretty much require a spotter, if only for safety during the lift-off.
You're making me question whether I should mine now. Don't have much wood here, but a lot of styrofoam and empty toilet roll tubes.:):oops:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic