Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

How much will a deadlift suit add to your dead lift?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I wore a suit once, the judge wasn't impressed. Wrong color tie?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I ran across this thread while researching...Sorry for it being outdated, hope that doesn't matter...

Would a deadlifting/squat suit help with my back pain?...Would it drop the pain level during a session of squats/deads?....

Depends on what kind of pain and where it is. But most likely it will not help back pain. They are designed to give you more rebound off the floor and adding vertical, horizontal and diagonal support with the heavier weight. I always competed in one and think it helped a lot, I also used an erector shirt to help help keep the shoulder back. Probably a good idea that you get an x-ray on your back to make sure you don't have any disk issues. Deadlift is not going to help you get rid of back pain. Nor will it help doing squats.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Depends on what kind of pain and where it is. But most likely it will not help back pain. They are designed to give you more rebound off the floor and adding vertical, horizontal and diagonal support with the heavier weight. I always competed in one and think it helped a lot, I also used an erector shirt to help help keep the shoulder back. Probably a good idea that you get an x-ray on your back to make sure you don't have any disk issues. Deadlift is not going to help you get rid of back pain. Nor will it help doing squats.

I hear ya, bro!...I've already had back fusion surgery years ago...The docs have already alerted me to the fact that there is nothing else they can do...All I can do is managing it...So, I'm always looking for something to help ease the severity, especially when I lift...I was ran over by a truck in 2016 that complicated the issue...I've used a belt and the pressure from it gives a little comfort, but not pain relief..I was hoping maybe the suit would give a little more pressure, therefore, more pain relief so I could work the damn muscle a little...My lower body suffers dramatically from not being able to work it....

I know deadlifting, squatting or lifting for that matter is NOT going to get rid of my pain...My back is shot!...I'm just trying to get around the pain so I can build muscle regardless...I'm gonna go until I can't...

Last edited:
Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I hear ya, bro!...I've already had back fusion surgery years ago...The docs have already alerted me to the fact that there is nothing else they can do...All I can do is managing it...So, I'm always looking for something to help ease the severity, especially when I lift...I was ran over by a truck in 2016 that complicated the issue...I've used a belt and the pressure from it gives a little comfort, but not pain relief..I was hoping maybe the suit would give a little more pressure, therefore, more pain relief so I could work the damn muscle a little...My lower body suffers dramatically from not being able to work it....

I know deadlifting, squatting or lifting for that matter is NOT going to get rid of my pain...My back is shot!...I'm just trying to get around the pain so I can build muscle regardless...I'm gonna go until I can't...

Exact predicament I am in. So you just do the best you can. Lots of stuff can be done with the legs/glutes in place of squatting. The leg press certainly hits the same muscle groups depending on where you place the feet. The erectors can be hit quit a few ways as well as the muscles of the back. I loved equipment when I competed but see ZERO use in spending the money on it if you don't compete in powerlifting. I honestly recommend you avoid those exercises that are going to put sheer stress on the spine. I hate to see you have to go back and have more surgery done and maybe have to live with more pain. The belt and suit may provide stability and pressure around the abdominal area but they are not going to take the sheer load off the spine.

In this business we have to come to grips with our limitations. Work around them and do the best you can with what you got.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Exact predicament I am in. So you just do the best you can. Lots of stuff can be done with the legs/glutes in place of squatting. The leg press certainly hits the same muscle groups depending on where you place the feet. The erectors can be hit quit a few ways as well as the muscles of the back. I loved equipment when I competed but see ZERO use in spending the money on it if you don't compete in powerlifting. I honestly recommend you avoid those exercises that are going to put sheer stress on the spine. I hate to see you have to go back and have more surgery done and maybe have to live with more pain. The belt and suit may provide stability and pressure around the abdominal area but they are not going to take the sheer load off the spine.

In this business we have to come to grips with our limitations. Work around them and do the best you can with what you got.

Hard to accept...But yeah, u are right...Honestly tho, I go thru chronic pain daily and nightly...It never stops!...However, it does go up and down as far as pain levels...even walking, laying down, sitting bring on higher levels of pain...I can only sleep for about an hour at a time before I have to get up and walk, sit or recline...Sometimes I can go 2-3 hours if I dope up on sleep medicine, meletonin, and alcohol...

I do agree tho that squatting/deadlifting isn't gonna help, especially with the load being put on the spine as u pointed out...I do try to do those other exercises u mentioned, still get elevated pain regardless...I can't build doing those types of exercises...Always responded well to the deads/squats...Anyway, I appreciate u clearing it up on the suit not helping...It makes sense!...I think I'm starting to have issues with the rod in my leg on top of everything else, now...

It's hard gripping this situation, I feel I'm too young for this...If I were in my 70's I could probably accept it better...Again, thank you for clearing it up on the suit!...It's always a pleasure speaking with u!....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hard to accept...But yeah, u are right...Honestly tho, I go thru chronic pain daily and nightly...It never stops!...However, it does go up and down as far as pain levels...even walking, laying down, sitting bring on higher levels of pain...I can only sleep for about an hour at a time before I have to get up and walk, sit or recline...Sometimes I can go 2-3 hours if I dope up on sleep medicine, meletonin, and alcohol...

I do agree tho that squatting/deadlifting isn't gonna help, especially with the load being put on the spine as u pointed out...I do try to do those other exercises u mentioned, still get elevated pain regardless...I can't build doing those types of exercises...Always responded well to the deads/squats...Anyway, I appreciate u clearing it up on the suit not helping...It makes sense!...I think I'm starting to have issues with the rod in my leg on top of everything else, now...

It's hard gripping this situation, I feel I'm too young for this...If I were in my 70's I could probably accept it better...Again, thank you for clearing it up on the suit!...It's always a pleasure speaking with u!....

I understand. Been incredibly strong most all of my life. I have had to totally wipe lifting heavy weight out of my mind. sometimes I see guys in the gym act like they are strong because they squat 315 or deadlift 405. I just have to smile and go on with what I am doing. Our day is done but we are still in the gym. So many people you see won't be there after 40.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I understand. Been incredibly strong most all of my life. I have had to totally wipe lifting heavy weight out of my mind. sometimes I see guys in the gym act like they are strong because they squat 315 or deadlift 405. I just have to smile and go on with what I am doing. Our day is done but we are still in the gym. So many people you see won't be there after 40.

Yep!...Dead on, brother!...I keep thinking about going to BB'g on a serious note.... It's still hard for me to accept that u can build decent muscle without going heavy... Again, just not sure if I can even do that properly....

BTW, how in the world are u able to conduct college classes with the same issue?....I would never be able to do that daily!!...U've got to be one tough umbrey!!!!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yep!...Dead on, brother!...I keep thinking about going to BB'g on a serious note.... It's still hard for me to accept that u can build decent muscle without going heavy... Again, just not sure if I can even do that properly....

BTW, how in the world are u able to conduct college classes with the same issue?....I would never be able to do that daily!!...U've got to be one tough umbrey!!!!

Hahaha.....it is easy now. All of my face to face classes have been switched to online instruction until the fall. I give my lecture sitting in my ez-chair.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Hahaha.....it is easy now. All of my face to face classes have been switched to online instruction until the fall. I give my lecture sitting in my ez-chair.

eeeeezzzzy money, bro!!!!!.....

On a side note, did u see where Bill Gates predicted that schools would start back in the fall?....How does he know?....Do u know if he is affiliated with the school systems, too?...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
eeeeezzzzy money, bro!!!!!.....

On a side note, did u see where Bill Gates predicted that schools would start back in the fall?....How does he know?....Do u know if he is affiliated with the school systems, too?...

Yes it is an ezy way to make money, including the college. You simply can't teach people exercise and fitness behind a computer. These kind of devices are why so many are so damn lazy. But I have no choice in the matter. I also teach a advanced weight lifting class. All the gyms are closed and we have to do this by computer. What a joke. It has also taken me two weeks to covert everything fully to digital. Including how to use this damn video communication program. We get no instruction. Then I have to figure out how to teach my classes how to use it. But then you have to say.....I am just happy to be getting paid.

I am not sure schools plan based on what Bill Gates predicts. Our board of regents and upper level management discussed that it would be too risky to have face to face in the summer but plan on full classes in the fall. Hell, this decision is based on avoiding law suits.

As far as public schools, Gates has dumped billion on to them trying to make changes on how he thinks education should be. He is also funding research to help push his goals. Exactly why I got out of public education. People like Gates need to stay out of education, We have enough people who claim to know it all who haven't seen the inside of a classroom since they went to public school. Seems like Gates was a college drop out so he doesn't have a clue about how to educated anyone. Its people like him that have turned public education into a fucking mess.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic