Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
@Jin still waiting on those 50M bodies bro. You're about 49.9M short.

On average 500 people die in NY daily w/o the 'Rona......

Come now LK, you're not feeding my inner fear monger.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Come now LK, you're not feeding my inner fear monger.
More people are gonna start dying of hunger or domestic violence or riots if they don't end this bullshit shutdown soon.

I'm not disputing people are getting sick and dying from this virus, but c'mon.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
@Jin still waiting on those 50M bodies bro. You're about 49.9M short.

On average 500 people die in NY daily w/o the 'Rona......
Data changes. What can I say?

But do realize it does not look like having the virus and recovering yields lifelong immunity. In other words “herd immunity” is likely only achievable via a vaccine. Which is at best 18-24 months away.

Nobody has ever made a vaccine for any Coronavirus.

We have at least 2 more years of basically the same variables to get through.

I didn’t put a timeline on my predictions either. I’d still bet on 25M dead worldwide. Billions of people live in abject poverty.

We have a long haul to go. I made the predictions I made with the data available to me at the time which did not factor in people isolating and most businesses shutting down.

We all know the lockdown won’t last much longer. When people come out again, infections will increase.

This is an incredibly complex problem. I honestly have no idea what the world will look like in 6 months from now.

Skip To minute 6 for immunity

Dr. Gottlieb is a reliable source. Wherever your opinion of the “news” is.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't understand how herd immunity can be achieved via a vaccine, if the virus can mutate. Isn't herd immunity due to exposure more effective?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It still seems the smart thing to do is open the economy back up, give guidelines to continue to self-quarantine if you're in a high-risk category, and then pump out about 10 billion HCQ and z-paks. Distribute those for free to all family units with instructions on administration upon the onset of any symptoms. For those in low risk categories (and NOT heart conditions), use of this therapeutic mitigates the symptoms, and the infected person has a bad case of the flu/bronchitis for 1-2 weeks, and then he/she goes back to work.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My Stagg Jr at 136 proof has been keeping me Rona free...

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
My dog got a coronavirus vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jin
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I don't understand how herd immunity can be achieved via a vaccine, if the virus can mutate. Isn't herd immunity due to exposure more effective?

Tommy, read this article and see what u think...From what I can tell, it's saying that this virus isn't mutating...It's claiming, I think, that the "evidence" they are using to claim mutation, is far fechted...

Supposedly, the scentist that are claiming this only used a minute amount of virus to conlude that it mutates....See what u gleam from the article...

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-mutations.html

"Nathan Grubaugh, an epidemiologist at the Yale School of Public Health who was not part of the study, said the authors' conclusions are "pure speculation." For one thing, he said, the mutations the study authors referenced were incredibly small — on the order of a couple of nucleotides, the basic building blocks of genes, he said. (SARS-CoV-2 is about 30,000 nucleotides long).

These slight changes likely wouldn't have a major impact, if any at all, on the functioning of the virus, so it would be "inaccurate" to say that these differences mean there are different strains, he said. In addition, the researchers looked at only 103 cases. "It's a very small sample set of the total virus population," Grubaugh told Live Science. Figuring out the mutations that a virus underwent worldwide takes "a nontrivial amount of effort and sometimes takes years to complete," he said.

Other scientists agree. The finding that the coronavirus mutates into two strains with the L strain leading to more severe disease "is most likely a statistical artifact," Richard Neher, a biologist and physicist at the University of Basel in Switzerland, wrote on Twitter. This statistical effect is probably due to early sampling of the L group in Wuhan, resulting in a "higher apparent" case fatality rates, he wrote. "

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
My dog got a coronavirus vaccine.

Haha. Yes, there are vaccines for animals. Just never a human* Coronavirus vaccine;)

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
So the closest hospital to me has 1 covid19 patient. They have almost no other patients and are laying people off.

Interesting. All I hear on news sources is how overcrowded every hospital is.

I live in San Diego.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Tommy, read this article and see what u think...From what I can tell, it's saying that this virus isn't mutating...It's claiming, I think, that the "evidence" they are using to claim mutation, is far fechted...

Suppolsely, the scentist that are claiming this only used a minute amount of virus to conlude that it mutates....See what u gleam from the article...

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-mutations.html

"Nathan Grubaugh, an epidemiologist at the Yale School of Public Health who was not part of the study, said the authors' conclusions are "pure speculation." For one thing, he said, the mutations the study authors referenced were incredibly small — on the order of a couple of nucleotides, the basic building blocks of genes, he said. (SARS-CoV-2 is about 30,000 nucleotides long).

These slight changes likely wouldn't have a major impact, if any at all, on the functioning of the virus, so it would be "inaccurate" to say that these differences mean there are different strains, he said. In addition, the researchers looked at only 103 cases. "It's a very small sample set of the total virus population," Grubaugh told Live Science. Figuring out the mutations that a virus underwent worldwide takes "a nontrivial amount of effort and sometimes takes years to complete," he said.

Other scientists agree. The finding that the coronavirus mutates into two strains with the L strain leading to more severe disease "is most likely a statistical artifact," Richard Neher, a biologist and physicist at the University of Basel in Switzerland, wrote on Twitter. This statistical effect is probably due to early sampling of the L group in Wuhan, resulting in a "higher apparent" case fatality rates, he wrote. "

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So the closest hospital to me has 1 covid19 patient. They have almost no other patients and are laying people off.

Interesting. All I hear on news sources is how overcrowded every hospital is.

I live in San Diego.

ceo, I haven't checked the hospitals in my area, but I haven't come across ONE funeral procession since this absurdity started!....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic