Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Programs

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
So, been on the shelf for a bit with personal matters, work and etc. Basically, life got too busy to train. I think burnout was also a factor, but I have a renewed interest in training. I used to be full power powerlifting, but things have changed. A renewed interest in my first passion, baseball, and my focus has switched from pure strength to more functional and more overall fitness. I hate machines even though I have been doing them, any thoughts on a good routine I could at least start off with just get going again? I'm not saying I won't catch the powerlifting bug again, but for now I think this will be what works.

Been focusing on weight loss as well which is always super fun to do when trying to train. Down 20 lbs from 275. Wanting to get into the 220-230 range which I haven't been close to in years. Any advice or help would be welcomed.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
High rep bullshit.
Pick one main lift and three accessories. 10-12 reps for the main lift 20 reps for the accessories. sets of four .Adjust weight accordingly

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm in the same boat in regards to just getting back to it and trying to drop a few of the added lbs from time off training. I'm trying 5/3/1 and adding in cardio. Looking forward to spring and getting the bike out (pedal lol)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Carb rotation. I wouldn't do high rep anything. I've dropped down from 270's down to 240's. For me it was incorporating prowler pushes and the rotation.

J

Jaxz

Feb 29, 2020
I use 3 working sets at 60 to 70 of one rep max . Also 2 hitt cardio session a day at 20 minutes if possible. With a 500 caliore def.

Just in my opinion of course

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Doesn't seem to be a very popular routine around here but Ive got my best gains using Dante Trudel's doggcrapp routine. It is more designed for those who have been training and have peaked and know there 1 rep max on most lifts. here is a link to get some very good info. on this program, www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw53.htm

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
German Volume Training. Pick a limited number of basic compound exercises that cover the whole body. Pick a weight you can do 10 x 10 with that same weight, and with short rests ... 60 seconds if you can handle it, or rests that are longer but not too much longer.

One progression method is to add a little weight whenever you are able to get 10 reps on all 10 sets. Another way to progress is to decrease the rest periods if you had to begin them with over 60 seconds.

GVT is not a pleasant way to train, not the best way for Lifting or Bodybuilding prowess, but it is good for weight loss, overall conditioning and as a different option to include in a year of training.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
German Volume Training. Pick a limited number of basic compound exercises that cover the whole body. Pick a weight you can do 10 x 10 with that same weight, and with short rests ... 60 seconds if you can handle it, or rests that are longer but not too much longer.

One progression method is to add a little weight whenever you are able to get 10 reps on all 10 sets. Another way to progress is to decrease the rest periods if you had to begin them with over 60 seconds.

GVT is not a pleasant way to train, not the best way for Lifting or Bodybuilding prowess, but it is good for weight loss, overall conditioning and as a different option to include in a year of training.

I love and hate GVT! LOL. I have done it before and actually it was one of the potential programs I was considering doing. Might have to give it another round.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Squat days are brutal but amazing to complete. Try super setting leg day

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic