Kiddorism
What's New?

Other ladies on TRT

C

CarrieKingston

TID Lady Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi,

I'm a 39 year old women on self prescribed TRT. I train regularly and eat healthy but the TRT is equally for libido and quality of life as prior to me starting around 9 months ago I was constantly fatigued, extremely low libido (I dreaded the once a week sex with my husband of 13 years) and suffered bouts of depression.

My husband is also kind of on TRT (well blast and cruise) after doing many steroid cycles he is also 39. He was the one who suggested trying it after seeing how I responded to milder compounds i.e. Anavar, Tbol.
Whilst I am pre-menopausal with a regular cycle (pre TRT) we have 3 children and decided between us that we weren't looking for any more hence the decision we both took to commit to TRT.

Dose wise may seem high (30-40mg total weekly dosed EOD IM jabs) but we started low and built up gradually monitoring sides as and when they came.

There have been some negative sides notably hair growth (tackle by laser and shaving regularly), voice deepening (sound hoarse and can't shout but more husky as opposed to manly) and clitoral enlargement (definitely bigger than before but not freakily big).

However the positive sides are that I feel a million times better than before with lots of energy, my husband and I have sex daily and multiple times a day at weekend which I enjoy and can now how have vaginal orgasms as well as clitoral ones that I could previously, not all the time mind you which brings me on to my question for others.

I have stopped having a regular period but still get extremely horny for just over a week every month, in a usual month there are a few days that my interest isn't there but we still have daily sex as once I get into it, its not like when I used to dread it and hubby always makes sure I cum orally.

At these times whilst my interest isn't there but I'm plenty wet down there anyway (sorry if too much info lol), in fact month round I don't have any problem with lubrication. This month however despite plenty of lubrication for around 10 days now my interest hasn't been the same and during intercourse it kind of feels how it use to and no where near how pleasurable it had become, also whilst I can still orgasm clitorally it takes a bit longer and isn't as strong. It's really p*ssing me off and hopefully won't last long as my horniest time is towards end of month through to first 4-5 days of following one.

Do other ladies on TRT or on test cycles notice a waxing and waning of their libido and sensitivity. I always assumed cyclical libido would be due to ovulation but I would assume that my dose of test and lack of period would mean that had stopped?

I had been running a small 8-12 week cycle with some Mast P in at 10mg EOD alongside the test could it be the lack of this that has reduced libido / sensitivity for longer, or could it be that my estrogen levels are lower? However if estrogen levels were too low I would have thought I would be a lot drier down there?

Carrie

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Whoa. Carrie, this is one of the best first posts I've ever seen. Welcome to TID, and ... please be patient with us. Your post deserves qualified answers; there are people here who have been there done that, but it may take a bit for them to discover this. Some of the ones I mean are females, and some are males who have experience through a g/f or wife, or who train female bodybuilders. You may wind up doing as much teaching as learning. My experience with this is limited to suggesting DIY trt to a reluctant wife; I am glad you are here :)

Last edited:
BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hi Carrie!
Welcome to TID and great post and thank you for providing a lot of details. TMI is never an issue here lol. It is expected : )
Afterall, we cannot provide good feedback unless given the big picture on things.

So your TRT is self prescribed huh? I am a female and have been on trt for approx 3 or so yrs now, but I am following doc on all my doses, etc. We do blood tests twice a year. All is covered by my insurance.
My test levels were extremely low, matter of fact all my hormones were low (progresterone and estrogen), but I opted to only treat my low test level because I, as you, wanted the benefits it provides. Increased libido, energy, etc. My dose is not as high as yours is, and I bet you have been seeing sides and feeling great at those doses! LOL.
My dose is 25mg every OTHER week.

I too have found that the libido does wane or come and go if you will.

The only way to determine your levels, unfortunately, is through blood testing. You can do blood tests on your own, you just have to pay for it. There is an area in this forum where someone will post a code to use at check out for some of the places to do your blood tests. Your doc doesn't have to know any of this. This is one way you can do that, but it does cost $$.
I've not run MastP yet, it could be that you have introduced this new chemical into your body and it has thrown your system off, if you will. Again, no way to know this unless you test for blood. Or you can keep going and guessing and researching and try to fix on your own.

With women, there is a physical part of the equation that is always considered. However also with women, I have found the mental part is just as important. Have you looked there? Has something changed in your relationship? Did your husband make you mad and you brushed it off and it has now manifested itself into something physical? We, women, are a complicated folk LOL. Or is there something going on in your career? Are you worried lately about something? Anything going on with the kids that you are worried about? Are you guys moving or is someone having a life changing event? Was there a death in the family, etc. If all is well mentally, then look to the physical for symptoms and possible fixes.

With regards to your trt, are you regular in your injections and doses week to week?
With regards to your trt, have you recently switched manufacturers of your test? Have you switched up anything with your trt at all?

Feel free to pm me as well or keep convo going here. Glad to help where i can......then let's take it from here lol!

Reactions: Jin
C

CarrieKingston

TID Lady Member
Jan 17, 2020
Whoa. Carrie, this is one of the best first posts I've ever seen. Welcome to TID, and ... please be patient with us. Your post deserves qualified answers; there are people here who have been there done that, but it may take a bit for them to discover this. Some of the ones I mean are females, and some are males who have experience through a g/f or wife, or who train female bodybuilders. You may wind up doing as much teaching as learning. My experience with this is limited to suggesting DIY trt to a reluctant wife; I am glad you are here :)

Thanks for your feedback. This place is a great source of information, when we first where contemplating it my husband got a good degree of information from here regarding the female side of AAS, as they aren't that well discussed online apart from TID and another forum.

There also seems to be a lot of scare mongering about use of AAS in women and I suppose some of it is warranted especially with younger ladies who aren't done with having children (although this should be a factor men should definitely think about as well especially with regards to TRT or blast and cruise). IMO as long as the use is educated, reasonable and started with low doses and with the likely sides known to materialise monitored, it should be fairly low risk in terms of anything permanent.

I struggle to see how 5mg Test P E3D as a 2-4 week short term tolerance test of sides vs benefits could have any irreversible effects on any women, although obviously my experience is limited strictly to myself. Perhaps in terms of hair loss but then again that is a genetic factor and you should look at male members of your family on both sides, to see if it is prevalent before deciding to continue. This would be my recommendation to your wife, again it is based on only my own experiences and without knowing how old she is etc...

C

CarrieKingston

TID Lady Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi Carrie!
Welcome to TID and great post and thank you for providing a lot of details. TMI is never an issue here lol. It is expected : )
Afterall, we cannot provide good feedback unless given the big picture on things.

So your TRT is self prescribed huh? I am a female and have been on trt for approx 3 or so yrs now, but I am following doc on all my doses, etc. We do blood tests twice a year. All is covered by my insurance.
My test levels were extremely low, matter of fact all my hormones were low (progresterone and estrogen), but I opted to only treat my low test level because I, as you, wanted the benefits it provides. Increased libido, energy, etc. My dose is not as high as yours is, and I bet you have been seeing sides and feeling great at those doses! LOL.
My dose is 25mg every OTHER week.

I too have found that the libido does wane or come and go if you will.

The only way to determine your levels, unfortunately, is through blood testing. You can do blood tests on your own, you just have to pay for it. There is an area in this forum where someone will post a code to use at check out for some of the places to do your blood tests. Your doc doesn't have to know any of this. This is one way you can do that, but it does cost $$.
I've not run MastP yet, it could be that you have introduced this new chemical into your body and it has thrown your system off, if you will. Again, no way to know this unless you test for blood. Or you can keep going and guessing and researching and try to fix on your own.

With women, there is a physical part of the equation that is always considered. However also with women, I have found the mental part is just as important. Have you looked there? Has something changed in your relationship? Did your husband make you mad and you brushed it off and it has now manifested itself into something physical? We, women, are a complicated folk LOL. Or is there something going on in your career? Are you worried lately about something? Anything going on with the kids that you are worried about? Are you guys moving or is someone having a life changing event? Was there a death in the family, etc. If all is well mentally, then look to the physical for symptoms and possible fixes.

With regards to your trt, are you regular in your injections and doses week to week?
With regards to your trt, have you recently switched manufacturers of your test? Have you switched up anything with your trt at all?

Feel free to pm me as well or keep convo going here. Glad to help where i can......then let's take it from here lol!

Yeah self prescribed with hubbies help. He had done a lot of research into why I was always feeling tired and had an extremely low libido for years to be honest. I had no interest in sex, not even masturbation and never had sexy thoughts or thinking that someone was attractive or even get turned on, he has a high sex drive and we were having sex once a week so as to avoid a complete "dead bedroom". I dreaded the act itself now and looking back to how I am now I don't get why I felt that way.

I was sexually active from a fairly young age and when me and hubby first go together it was very regular but I still really didn't get any nice internal feelings during intercourse, he always made sure I came orally though. It obviously wasn't my husband as we are very sexually active now and the best bit is usually when we are having actual intercourse it feels really good inside and I can orgasm (not always but 4 to 5 times a month) purely from intercourse.

One of the things he found online was that low libido and mood swings were a commonly reported side effect of hormonal birth control that I had been on for over 25 years (excluding pregnancies). He also found an interesting article that BC caused an increase in SHBG that continued after the cessation of the birth control for many months. He showed me the study and what is interesting is that there is only one and no follow ups. He's convinced as I am now that in many years to come BC will be found to be one of the major causes of relationship breakup and divorce, but I digress.

So we swapped hormonal BC for the copper IUD and it started to get better a little but very slowly and this is when my husband discussed that article about SHBG with me and we tried Proviron and Anavar which made things better, then decided to move onto the Test as it was something that was already naturally occurring in the body and thus better suited for long term use.

We did do a baseline blood test as part of an exploratory thing prior to starting anything but haven't done anything since which perhaps we should, although using fast esthers like prop would all be down to timing. I suppose it would be useful for estrogen, progesterone and SHBG. With regards to the estrogen with the constant lubrication / wetness leads me to believe that this isn't too low although as I would expect dryness if it were low but not 100% sure. Reading online says that in women exogenous testosterone will lower estrogen I've also read about using it as standalone HRT as it can aromatize into it.

The baseline didn't show anything out of the usual ranges but then reading online they haven't studied testosterone in women as much as they have in men, so what could show as towards the higher range could be low for a particular women (from memory mine was low-to-mid but in range).

With regards to partner everything is good, we are quite adventurous sexually and dabble into some lifestyle things, swinging etc. Since doing this our communication is better than ever and we don't really hold things in etc...
I still enjoy sex even when I'm not feeling it but it just doesn't feel anywhere as good when I'm sensitive inside, like I've been accustomed. Also when I'm not feeling it, I'm not even in the mood to look at anything sexual or masturbate etc... I have been a bit stressed with our eldest child which could count for arousal but it just feels physically different.

We had to swap to a different UGL for the Test P over the festive period as the usual source was closed but been back on normal one for a couple of weeks now.

Dose wise is fairly consistent although we do experiment and the cycles play apart etc...

Thanks for all your feedback so far it's great to talk to another girl on TRT x

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Carrie, Great details! And it certainly sounds like both you and your hubs did a lot of homework before going down the road of trt, congrats to you. More people should educate themselves before jumping right in lol.

Yea birth control is the pits sometimes.

Sounds like your sex life is fab...that's awesome! Myself and hubs have dabbled in lifestyle as well, congrats to you. Yes, I feel it does bring the couple closer together, but there must be a solid foundation in the first place. Which in your case, sounds like it is there. Kudos to you guys for seeking excitement and adventure and making things fun. After all, sex should be fun and it should feel good. As a couple progresses in sex, they seek out different things with sex. Its like eating the same thing every day...well you get bored or what not and want something different. Some couples go into BDSM or lifestyle stuff, or whatever you are into. Sex is a appetite and there are recipes for different things lol.

So going back to your original issue, it sounds like what you are saying is that pretty much everything is the same, but something is changing "inside" you to where it is feeling different "down there" when he is inside you, is that correct?
And when you say it doesn't feel as good as before, is it that you are needing to use more lube or is it that when he is inside you it feels different than before? I'm assuming you have tried different positions and all and it is not that he is hitting you differently?
Is it all the time or just certain times?
What if you climax via clitoral before you have intercourse? What then? does it also feel not as good as before, as you say?
What about a vibrator inside you? Does that also feel different than before? unless you don't have one that goes inside you. Some women only have clit vibrators, its all good. Whatever gets the job done lol. They are just tools : )
Trying to understand the feels not as good as before thingy.
With me, i have found that while on PED's I definitely climax easier on a cycle. I love it! Major great bennie.

Sorry for all TMO questions, just trying to help out lol.
While I have been on trt and i also dabble in other PED's, I've not really experienced an issue where it doesn't feel as good inside as before.
What about the snatch doc? Do you think you have an infection down there? Just to rule out the physical stuff going in inside you.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I’m in AC for gymnastics comp all day but I do have some experience with gear and females. I’ll weigh in later tonight...and welcome to the Den

C

CarrieKingston

TID Lady Member
Jan 17, 2020
I’m in AC for gymnastics comp all day but I do have some experience with gear and females. I’ll weigh in later tonight...and welcome to the Den

Thanks

C

CarrieKingston

TID Lady Member
Jan 17, 2020
Carrie, Great details! And it certainly sounds like both you and your hubs did a lot of homework before going down the road of trt, congrats to you. More people should educate themselves before jumping right in lol.

Yea birth control is the pits sometimes.

Sounds like your sex life is fab...that's awesome! Myself and hubs have dabbled in lifestyle as well, congrats to you. Yes, I feel it does bring the couple closer together, but there must be a solid foundation in the first place. Which in your case, sounds like it is there. Kudos to you guys for seeking excitement and adventure and making things fun. After all, sex should be fun and it should feel good. As a couple progresses in sex, they seek out different things with sex. Its like eating the same thing every day...well you get bored or what not and want something different. Some couples go into BDSM or lifestyle stuff, or whatever you are into. Sex is a appetite and there are recipes for different things lol.

So going back to your original issue, it sounds like what you are saying is that pretty much everything is the same, but something is changing "inside" you to where it is feeling different "down there" when he is inside you, is that correct?
And when you say it doesn't feel as good as before, is it that you are needing to use more lube or is it that when he is inside you it feels different than before? I'm assuming you have tried different positions and all and it is not that he is hitting you differently?
Is it all the time or just certain times?
What if you climax via clitoral before you have intercourse? What then? does it also feel not as good as before, as you say?
What about a vibrator inside you? Does that also feel different than before? unless you don't have one that goes inside you. Some women only have clit vibrators, its all good. Whatever gets the job done lol. They are just tools : )
Trying to understand the feels not as good as before thingy.
With me, i have found that while on PED's I definitely climax easier on a cycle. I love it! Major great bennie.

Sorry for all TMO questions, just trying to help out lol.
While I have been on trt and i also dabble in other PED's, I've not really experienced an issue where it doesn't feel as good inside as before.
What about the snatch doc? Do you think you have an infection down there? Just to rule out the physical stuff going in inside you.

It's weird its like an interest thing, especially with regards to lifestyle when I'm not feeling it don't want to talk to anyone (except hubby etc...), not interested in porn, me and hubby still get it on though. However when we do it physically feels different inside everything else is same position etc... but what was 2 days a month being like this has turned into around 10 days.

I'm still really wet down there but theres not the usual internal pleasure I've become used to. It's kind of how it was before the TRT but a lot wetter lol.

Another side to this is when we're watching TV after we've done it the first time at night, he usual starts playing with my boobs and then starts fingering me inside and not really deep on the front wall which feels really good, not like I'm going to orgasm but just really good (after doing this for an hour or so we normally go again or he gets me off orally). Past few days I'm wet and get wetter as he does it, but there's just no nice sensation there.

Before TRT inside was just kind of a could feel the pressure but no pleasure or sensitivity and just like that. I'm probably worrying over nothing as it usually comes back, but just trying to understand the cyclical nature of it when I'm not having a period lol.

I can still climax via clit, however I've always had a long refractory period from that and once I've climaxed I lose interest for a while and never been able to have multiples, hence we normally have intercourse and if I climax vaginally then he'll climax shortly after or if he is first he'll make me climax clitorally via oral (he lasts a while usually 15-20 minutes and when it feels good internally it's wonderful but when it's just pressure it's a bit more meh lol).

I've got lots of vibrators and dildos as prior to the TRT he spent a fortune on toys trying to spice things up, luckily they all get used now but not big on internal vibrations. I've learned to squirt (well ejaculate with the PureWand but it takes to long for the end result lol).

Clitorally I climax very quick with vibes like Womanizer, Doxy wands and Tangos even when I'm not feeling it, when I've had some wine it takes a while but I just love something inside me even if I can't climax and it's a challenge for the vibes above to make me. Theres one called zumio which is really powerful pinpoint clit stim which is what I rely on to climax when were drunk and having all night sex lol.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Masteron will bind up estrogen more and increase free test. Masteron can also hit hard with virilizing side effects? Voice can get bad quick especially with 30mg of Test in there too. I need to know how "big" you are as my girls who bodybuild are 150lbs + and can get by on 20mg of Test a week or 25-50 of Primo (without Testosterone). If you're 5' 155lbs with a 26" quads...you're in the right ballpark. If you're 5'4 118lbs and "toned" ;)...you are on waaaaay to much gear.

Libido is both testosterone and estrogen balanced with a HUGE psychological component. My wife runs HRT year round for the last 3yrs and we still have up and down weeks (as far as sex). My gear use can effect her as well. If I'm off due to higher estrogen, she "feels" it too. If my hormones are just right and hers as well, then she's wet if I talk into her ear for a second and squirting that night with anal, clitoral and vaginal orgasms in the same session(...lol TMI)

Sex, even when you're hormones are 100% optimized, is still about mood, trust, desire to please and keeping it fresh. I've made love 3-4 nights a week to the same women for 20yrs. Sometimes it's frozen pizza at home, sometimes it's Chicago Deep dish and rare nights it's a slice from Joe's Pizza in Manhattan (best slice in the USA)

Point is it's all still Pizza and a treat :)

Cliff notes, drop the Masteron if the Test trt worked well for you both. Less is always better for women unless MASS is your goal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic