pbtom
What's New?

GH and Blood Sugar Levels

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hey Gents and Ladies

I had run GH several years ago, but was running it at 8iu/day - shot my sugars thru the roof so I discontinued it. I know some diabetics (I am type 1 diabetic) do not have an issue while running GH, but appears I do. So recently started running 4iu/day - 2AM 2MidDay around lifting, and sugars are fine during the day but at night, goes thru the roof. It'll be 170ish before bed and I'll just go on and end up shooting 10iu insulin (100 carbs worth) and eat some greek yogurt (7 carbs total) and sugars are 250+ till about 7am. I know GH effects the insulin resistance along with creating Neoglucogenesis in the liver which is my thought to this.

Any thoughts on adding Metformin at a lower dose? appears standard is around 500mg/day so thinking purchasing some 250mg from Reliable RX to cut the dose in half to avoid low sugars. Metformin is around in assistance with Neoglucogenesis so wondering if anyone has some input or thoughts on this?

No worries on low blood sugar, I am used to that, especially when running DNP. Which I also thought about running 200mg/day to see if that helped with the additional sugar elevation. 200mg/day does not give negative side effects for me - starts the kick in around 400mg/day.

TIA!

Reactions: CFM
Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
what brand of Gh were you using when it shot your sugars thru the roof . If it was HG I am even more facinated.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
what brand of Gh were you using when it shot your sugars thru the roof . If it was HG I am even more facinated.

supposedly it was Hygetropin but we know how that goes. but that was 2 (?) years ago I believe. I had a GH serum down during that as well with positive readings. As far as right now, its not a name brand but positive source for it. I had originally talked to a few people on another board during the 1st instance and there were a few with same. I know the GH can have an effect on the liver based on the process. I will shoot slin to time the peak along with the GH peak which I was hoping would help reduce the effect. But its primarily high during the night regardless if I shoot a ton of slin before bed with or without food. About a week after I came off, everything was back to normal

My A1C is typically right around 6.0-6.2 (most recent was 5.8) but if I remember correctly, my A1C after that GH run was around 7.5.

S

Shekelstein p.

Feb 5, 2018
Hey Gents and Ladies

I had run GH several years ago, but was running it at 8iu/day - shot my sugars thru the roof so I discontinued it. I know some diabetics (I am type 1 diabetic) do not have an issue while running GH, but appears I do. So recently started running 4iu/day - 2AM 2MidDay around lifting, and sugars are fine during the day but at night, goes thru the roof. It'll be 170ish before bed and I'll just go on and end up shooting 10iu insulin (100 carbs worth) and eat some greek yogurt (7 carbs total) and sugars are 250+ till about 7am. I know GH effects the insulin resistance along with creating Neoglucogenesis in the liver which is my thought to this.

Any thoughts on adding Metformin at a lower dose? appears standard is around 500mg/day so thinking purchasing some 250mg from Reliable RX to cut the dose in half to avoid low sugars. Metformin is around in assistance with Neoglucogenesis so wondering if anyone has some input or thoughts on this?

No worries on low blood sugar, I am used to that, especially when running DNP. Which I also thought about running 200mg/day to see if that helped with the additional sugar elevation. 200mg/day does not give negative side effects for me - starts the kick in around 400mg/day.

TIA!
Got some mEx metformin coming and I want to take it for benefits of it, I am taking mk677 so not hgh but will post my experiences long term....Metoformin should work for you in this case from all studies and good source is Jay Campbell on YouTube channel mad “TOT”.
He is using it and has extensive knowledge on metformin.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
ok here is just an example - from last night

around 730 --> dinner, approx 15-25 carbs. sugar was 135, shot 5iu (50 carbs worth)
around 1045 --> before bed, fat free greek yogurt and 1/2 scoop casein. approx 15 carbs. sugar was 255. shot 15iu (150 carbs worth)
around 1am --> had to pee and felt the sugar high in my nasal area. sugar was 350. shot another 15iu, no food
530am --> normal wake up time but im on PTO so checked it, sugar was 298. shot another 10iu, no food
730am --> breakfast, 40 carbs, 2iuGH. sugar was 195.

note: for the insulin, i use a sliding scale of starting at 2iu for anything 200 and over and for every 50 above, its another unit. so technically on the 255 it would be 3iu no food. the 350 should be 5iu no food, etc.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Have you tried shooting just 1iu day in the am, since most of your issues are at nite, and see how that goes. if ok, try 2iu etc etc. I know that I have low sugar events when I use tren so you could try 100mg tren e wk and see what happens. try 200mg wk if 100mg doesn't work, but I wouldn't go higher than that.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Have you tried shooting just 1iu day in the am, since most of your issues are at nite, and see how that goes. if ok, try 2iu etc etc. I know that I have low sugar events when I use tren so you could try 100mg tren e wk and see what happens. try 200mg wk if 100mg doesn't work, but I wouldn't go higher than that.

Tren does not give me any sides, at all. Regardless of 100mg up to over a gram, no sides related to normal tren effects and def not sugar related. Only thing that has ever caused sugar lows are insulin (obviously) and DNP. I’m going to try and split my 24hr insulin into 1/2 PM and 1/2 at noon to keep the peak closer. The iu on the Gh isn’t the concern based on previous run

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Picked up some berberine as appears to be some good feedback in comparison to metformin. figure try that route before going Rx stuff. anyone ever use this?

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I have berberine with decent results. Metformin is definitely superior though.

Just have to make it past the first few days of GI issues when I start metformin.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
I have berberine with decent results. Metformin is definitely superior though.

Just have to make it past the first few days of GI issues when I start metformin.

Yeah i bought some berberine, I have received some Metformin with some help from a fella and I plan to take it at 250mg/day and see how it goes. As far as the berberine, Ive been on it a week now (500am and 500pm) and it has really reduced the super highs which is great but good god, hurts to take a sheet. not constipated or the runs, just pure pain like a brick. i can go but i dont wanna go

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic