Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

First classic physique show

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Anyone with experience in classic or bb care to share their thoughts on my direction.

6 weeks out
Average macro breakdown per day right now
240g protein
155g carbs
72g fat
2221 calories

Started 12 weeks out at 197lbs
187lb bw currently
low 184.5lb

6 weeks of 400mg test / week
Bumping up to 500mg until 2 weeks out (4 weeks total)
30 mg mk-677 ed
12mg RAD-140 ed

hard to get my lats out while holding the phone.
SqQZMah.png

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Mk677 will make you hold anywhere from 5-10lbs of water easily. Plan on dropping it 2wks out or sooner. I wouldn’t bother raising Testosterone dose for 4wks. If you are shedding fat without losing muscle with 400mg than changing it isn’t going to help much and might hurt water balance.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
It looks like you made good progress from 12 weeks out to 6 weeks out. When things were going well for me and I was on track with my prep, my biggest mistakes always involved screwing around with new compounds and trying to "fix" things that weren't broken. Your mind is going to start fucking with you big time over the next few weeks, and you are not likely to see yourself as being as good as you are when you look in the mirror. Keep us posted here and we can serve as an extra set of eyes. Good luck

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@Mike_RN @1bigun11 Thanks for your inpsights! I'll keep it at 400mg and drop the mk677 a month out. My mind already has started to fuck with me lol I'll be prepared for it to continue to test me.

@ITAWOLF - 5'9.5" - I was 185 at 10-12% bf as a natural. Then started trt a year ago at 200mg and hit a high of 198-199. Kept it around 196-197 for the past 5 months until I started the cut 2 months ago at which time I bumped my dose up to 400mg hoping to help me for the show.

Started my posing practice. Lots to work on especially front/rear lat spread. Any tricks to getting those to pop out in that pose?

my dick seemed sort of "in your face" in the first pic hence the black bar ha

Bke2qb1.png

InfoHFz.png

Eant72c.png

AUxiRyf.png

aA88imO.png

2tEYlaG.png

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have never prepped for a show, but I have spent a lot of time dieting and getting pretty lean (although never quite to contest shape I should add)

To me, I would be concerned that you look more than 6 weeks out. Maybe 12-14. I am not sure what you goal entry is, but that looks like a lot to lose in the last 6 weeks.

Again, everyone has different goals. If you are just doing it for the experience, than great. But if you are doing it to get to your very best, I feel like you would have to significantly drop to where you would inevitably lose a lot of muscle in the process as well due to the rush.

Dont get me wrong. You are in great shape. I just think from my experience dieting, you look more like where one might start a 12 week prep. I like to drop fat relatively slowly. The leaner you get the slower you have to do it to not cost too much muscle. I know there are guys that will run fairly high doseages as an adjunct to their aggressive cuts, but I cant say how well that works. It does not sound like that is the route you want to go right now either.

I think you should get with a good coach since by my eye, you look like you might be behind the curve a little. The worst is seeing guys try to make up for being behind in a prep. Make the call whether for you it is worth it, or if you feel like you have a good shot of coming in where you want.

Good luck!

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I would have dropped the MK a long time ago. I am worried once u stop using it you will see an extreme loss of weight, mostly water weight. You may not like how you look when this happens. Just had a guy who was pretty lean stop taking MK due to an unexpected surgery and lost 20 pounds within 10 days. I would only use MK off season and never part of a prep...Just my 2 cents....Good luck on the show!

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Regarding your lat spread poses. In your back double biceps pose, your back and shoulders look great and your lats flair nicely. See if you can keep that flair going and add some to it while bringing your hands down to your waist. Play around with your elbows, hands, and shoulders, rotating them around and moving them forward, back, up and down till you get a feel for what looks good. Practice leaning more forward and more back till you find your spot. You just have to play around with it, realizing that you're probably not going to beat Ronnie Coleman's pose in your first show.

The most important thing about your first show is just getting it done. You will learn so freaking much about yourself in the process, and become one of the elite few who did more than just talk a good game about doing a show and about what they wish they might have done.

You are going to look a lot harder once you get a tan. Are you planning on waiting till the day of the show to get one, or can you do some tanning now?

I have always done bodybuilding and have never done classic. Do they do a most muscular pose in classic?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@1bigun11 I'm going to start tanning now to get a good base before the spray day of. I'm not sure of the differences besides the obvious size difference but they do most muscular. I tried the crab but it looked kinda wack haha. Feel like I need 20 more lbs of muscle.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
@1bigun11 I'm going to start tanning now to get a good base before the spray day of. I'm not sure of the differences besides the obvious size difference but they do most muscular. I tried the crab but it looked kinda wack haha. Feel like I need 20 more lbs of muscle.

I had that problem when I first started also, so I had to learn to do a hands on hips version of the most muscular pose in the beginning. Lots of people have to. Some even do a version where their arms are crossed in front of them, or where both forearms are basically crossed behind their back.

You'll be fine with an alternate version of it, but start practicing it now, especially if it's a mandatory pose. Those mandatory poses are what you want to be focusing on.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Thanks @1bigun11 I'll be practicing nearly everyday. Also will be upping the cardio. I've been doing 30 minutes on treadmill 4 days a week. incline setting 8 and speed setting 3. Going to bump that to 50min.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic