Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

NPP. Overall negative experience. What do you guys think

L

liamsmith2796

Apr 20, 2019
I’ve been experimenting with short esters for a few months now. I’ve been using NPP at only 250mg a week mostly for the joint support and some anabolic activity along with 500mg of test prop a week. I’ve noticed that when I run just the test with an AI I don’t have issues with water retention. But, when I run test, NPP, and an AI I look very watery. I didn’t expect NPP to cause water retention and bloating at such a low dose. Anybody else have an experience with this? Thanks!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I am the same way running Nandrolone. Doesn't matter PP or Deca, I get the puff. You could monitor your sodium and simple crab intake and chart it, figure out your high and low water retention days and work with it. I would time my salt and carbs resulting in my dryer days being on the weekends.

L

liamsmith2796

Apr 20, 2019
I’m thinking of just replacing it entirely with a different compound because I’m not gaining anything except bloat and puff. If I was getting stronger and bigger (compared to just running test by itself) then I would deal with the sides. Maybe EQ or just up my test levels. I do notice that on high sodium and high carb days I get very very puffy but I dry out slightly in just a couple days. So I could either keep the NPP and monitor my sodium and carbs more or I could cut it out and replace it with more test or add EQ.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
250 is way past joint support. You could run 1/2 that amount and get joint support and you may also find yourself also not running into the watery look too. I run deca at 100mg/wk and have noticed significant changes in my joints and I'm not retaining much in terms of water. I'm also not on an AI.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I’ve been experimenting with short esters for a few months now. I’ve been using NPP at only 250mg a week mostly for the joint support and some anabolic activity along with 500mg of test prop a week. I’ve noticed that when I run just the test with an AI I don’t have issues with water retention. But, when I run test, NPP, and an AI I look very watery. I didn’t expect NPP to cause water retention and bloating at such a low dose. Anybody else have an experience with this? Thanks!
250mg NPP isn’t such a low dose at all. It makes complete sense you’re experiencing water retention.

As BI recommended, lower your NPP dose.
100mg per week max. Split the dose to one shot at 50mg, two times per week. For example perhaps Monday’s and Thursday’s are reserved as your shot days. While NPP is considered a short ester, it’s half-life is actually quite a bit longer than an Ace or Prop like ester. Hence why dosing one shot every 3rd day is an efficient way of running it. I highly doubt you’ll get water retention now, but to ensure, tighten up your diet and keep your sodium intake on the low side.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Lmao. Why would you need joint support at your age?

Reactions: CFM
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I agree on the suggestions you're getting on dosing. When I run NPP at 100mg EOD, I will get bloat. When I run it at 50mg EOD or less, I get less bloat. Not zero, but less.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I agree on the suggestions you're getting on dosing. When I run NPP at 100mg EOD, I will get bloat. When I run it at 50mg EOD or less, I get less bloat. Not zero, but less.

Good point. I've ran 30mgs and then 20mgs once I had 5 half-lifes in my blood. Same joint relief as running 600mgs deca.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
i actually get pretty vascular off NPP but i usually throw some winny tabs in there and stack w hgh/t3.

i have never ran it with just test but might give it a run this winter

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I love NPP, it puts mass and strength on me quick, and I stay pretty dry compared to the decanoate version. I have to be careful as it can cause nipple sensitivity for me, so I don't go above 50-100mg EOD ever these days. That said, I can still stay lean and minimized bloat on it with diet and cardio modifications. I know some guys who use it in prep up until stage...some who prefer it over tren.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
NPP is the best if I’m looking to add size on. I’ve used it at 100mgs EOD with TPP at 150 EOD. The puff is part of the whole compound.

However, in your case, I’d drop it down and go 50mgs twice per week, like Sunday Thursday. Then either stick with the prop at EOD, or switch to TPP and shoot 150-200 per week.... or really what you feel is comfortable. I would not add in the EQ, I’d watch your sodium and carb intake.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Thats part of the deca / npp experience normally.
I find you can combat it with diet alterations. double water intake, cut sodium wayy wayy down, more veggies and fruit, leaner cleaner protein like fish and white meat chicken.
you will still be able to puff up more then normal if you cheat but still.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic