Rolanalon
What's New?

What do y’all use for insomnia?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Who uses memory foam mattress and memory foam pillows?
Who uses regular mattress and pillows?
Just wondering the sleep quality of any of you had either?
I can say when I’m home and sleeping in my memory foam mattress, I think I have more consistent sleep and don’t feel as tired the next day!

I had the sleep meditation music on last night, took the usual sleep stuff, and I was out for 6 hrs straight. So I think the music is key for setting the brain to focus on that. Seemed to work way better than the white noise.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I just got something on Amazon called genius sleep. I'm going to give it a try tonight and report back. I have no problem falling asleep lately, just can't stay asleep. The PS doesn't seem to help

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
^^didnt work^^
I'll try again but seems like a waste

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I didn’t read all the responses but I agree with having sex. That knocks me out quick!

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I figured I cannot be the only person here that has trouble sleeping!

I take melatonin and Now sleep.

Nothing really works to help me stay asleep!

Looking for ideas on what everyone does routine wise and takes to get a restful sleep?

Good thread! How’s it been going since creating this thread?

Did you find any tip that works best?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I can't believe I forgot the 2 most important things:

1) Sleep alone. My Master bedroom is hers. After the baby was born (lol 7yrs and counting),I moved into the guest bedroom. My snoring and flopping around would keep her from getting back to sleep when she got up to Breastfeed. Once that crucial year passed, we tried "reuniting" but neither slept well even on the King TempurPedic we bought. So now we use "her" bed for "baby makin practice" then I scurry down the hall when it's time for bed. Yes, I agree it's unromantic but it's harder to like each other at all without sleep.

2) Invest in sleeping tools. I have buddies who won't blink at spending $50k on cars but won't drop $5K for a premium mattress. Test out the Memory foam lines. I love our TempurPedic(s) but they are pricey. I also have issues with OSA (apnea) and very "bad" shoulders so I need to Side Sleep. Problem with Side Sleepers is constant numbness and tingling in hands due to being "musclebound". If you have issues with pain or Reflux, I highly suggest trying the MedCline Systems. I have the shoulder pain with body pillow and I sleep very well for the first time in 10yrs. I've had it just over a year now and aside from washing issues (pain to get covers back on after) I'm 99% satisfied. It's eligible for Flexible Spending Accts and I think I paid around $275 complete. It works left or right and I literally stopped tossing day 1. By weeks end that "foam smell" is gone and it paid for itself 365% in sleep quality.

medcline2.jpg

Yes you'll look and feel like a nursing home "gomer", especially with my Cpap on too; you will however feel great in the morning.

space-jockey-giger.jpg

*actual photo of me in my gear*

Reactions: SAD
V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Any specific brands for Valerian root and Melatonin that work better than others?

Also anyone use Valium before bed?
Melatonin is sold cheaply everywhere from WalMart to CVS. The trick is getting a low dose and going up to a sweet spot with no hangover. 10mg has me sleeping the whole next day, great when you're sick though.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Good thread! How’s it been going since creating this thread?

Did you find any tip that works best?

I would say this is what works for me.

At 9 I’ll take Passion Flower extract, and Valerian root, Calcium/magnesium. And Melatonin (sublingual)

Then I’ll relax for about 45 mins. Read or watch the boring news. Take rescue sleep spray right before bed.

The routine seems to work most times.

If any part of getting to bed is rushed, then I won’t sleep.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Totally forgot to respond.

I agree 100%.

I just upgraded the mattress to a plush/firm.... cool gel memory foam mattress. I also got a shredded memory foam pillow that I love because it keeps head, neck, and shoulders aligned. But the main point is I don’t feel any pressure points, or heat because because of the pressure. Next time you need a mattress, check out dream foam bedding and let me know your thoughts.

But all this I have found decreased my snoring..... to sometimes not at all. Also a white noise machine really helps too.

Haha I didn’t know about the other items, but I’ll have to look into them if the current sleep items aren’t good.

This is an good thread, I’m glad everyone is keeping it going!

1) Sleep alone. My Master bedroom is hers. After the baby was born (lol 7yrs and counting),I moved into the guest bedroom. My snoring and flopping around would keep her from getting back to sleep when she got up to Breastfeed. Once that crucial year passed, we tried "reuniting" but neither slept well even on the King TempurPedic we bought. So now we use "her" bed for "baby makin practice" then I scurry down the hall when it's time for bed. Yes, I agree it's unromantic but it's harder to like each other at all without sleep.

2) Invest in sleeping tools. I have buddies who won't blink at spending $50k on cars but won't drop $5K for a premium mattress. Test out the Memory foam lines. I love our TempurPedic(s) but they are pricey. I also have issues with OSA (apnea) and very "bad" shoulders so I need to Side Sleep. Problem with Side Sleepers is constant numbness and tingling in hands due to being "musclebound". If you have issues with pain or Reflux, I highly suggest trying the MedCline Systems. I have the shoulder pain with body pillow and I sleep very well for the first time in 10yrs. I've had it just over a year now and aside from washing issues (pain to get covers back on after) I'm 99% satisfied. It's eligible for Flexible Spending Accts and I think I paid around $275 complete. It works left or right and I literally stopped tossing day 1. By weeks end that "foam smell" is gone and it paid for itself 365% in sleep quality.

View attachment 9876

Yes you'll look and feel like a nursing home "gomer", especially with my Cpap on too; you will however feel great in the morning.

View attachment 9875

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010

View attachment 9876

View attachment 9875

So the side pillow helped with the arm falling asleep or was that geared towards acid reflux?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
So the side pillow helped with the arm falling asleep or was that geared towards acid reflux?
There’s one for refllux and one for arm pain/shoulders. I have the arm one

T

teejey

Mar 24, 2019
I make tincture out of marijuana it knocks me out cold. Dont get high like smoking or eating it. Absolutely best sleep aid if diacovered. I actually dislike smoking it makes me anxious and lazy.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic