Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

What’s everyone’s hobbies?

MountaineerMuscle84

MountaineerMuscle84

Feb 16, 2019
I actually used to really like to build model car. Old hot rods. But as my kids grow older, 5 and 7 now. My hobbies, outside of training have just morphed into whatever there involved in at that particular time. Right now it’s softball 3 nights a week, teelball twice a week and Tae Kwan Doe (I know no butchered that) on Saturday. Some times I look forward to when there older and I can get back to doing some shit I used to but I try to stay in the moment and soak up all this good stuff.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
My old man has a signed Mickey mantle rookie card in phenomenal condition, not to mention a picture of the Yaz, Ted Williams, and Mickey Mantle (famous photo of the three of them at an all star game) and they all three signed it for him and handed it back to him. He was just a kid and kept the stuff in the best condition possible. No clue on value now but he’ll never sell. He’ll pass them to me and then I’ll be faced with the age-old dilemma of when to, or if ever to, sell memorabilia.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I actually used to really like to build model car. Old hot rods. But as my kids grow older, 5 and 7 now. My hobbies, outside of training have just morphed into whatever there involved in at that particular time. Right now it’s softball 3 nights a week, teelball twice a week and Tae Kwan Doe (I know no butchered that) on Saturday. Some times I look forward to when there older and I can get back to doing some shit I used to but I try to stay in the moment and soak up all this good stuff.

I use to put the models together with that sweet smelling glue. Is that even around anymore or did they do away with the model cars & stuff? That’s good you can bond with your kids! Trust me one day you wil want that & it won’t be available. :-(

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have the car bug biting me, again. I am torn between 2016ish Camaro SS convertible (built in Lansing, MI) or going with what I know and can tinker with: 1960-67 Caddy convertible or 63 Buick Wildcat convertible. I enjoy making those old air conditioning systems, cruise controls, power windows, power seats and instruments, etc function as they did when the cars were new. Currently I am modifying a brake pedal for my bagger, they made these newer models for smaller people and I might be skinny fat, but I am not short. Sorry LK.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I collect sneakers, like to shoot. Have an ok collection. My baby takes up alot of my off time. Hunt and fish when i can.

That reminds me I have not been to the range since we moved. I bet you look fabulous in high heeled Nikes.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I have the car bug biting me, again. I am torn between 2016ish Camaro SS convertible (built in Lansing, MI) or going with what I know and can tinker with: 1960-67 Caddy convertible or 63 Buick Wildcat convertible. I enjoy making those old air conditioning systems, cruise controls, power windows, power seats and instruments, etc function as they did when the cars were new. Currently I am modifying a brake pedal for my bagger, they made these newer models for smaller people and I might be skinny fat, but I am not short. Sorry LK.

Sounds like either way you go you’re in it for some fat cash!! Lol! I wish I was more mechanically inclined.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
Sounds like either way you go you’re in it for some fat cash!! Lol! I wish I was more mechanically inclined.

It all started with using my mom's black sewing thread to make ignition wires on my model cars, oh and paint the raised white letters too. Developing those skills and improving on them for 40 something years. Problem now is my hands are not as steady and my eyes are not what they used to be.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
It all started with using my mom's black sewing thread to make ignition wires on my model cars, oh and paint the raised white letters too. Developing those skills and improving on them for 40 something years. Problem now is my hands are not as steady and my eyes are not what they used to be.

Oh boy do I understand the comment about the hands & eyes!! I guess it happens to all of us.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017

Bought my wife a 2018 challenger last year
Bright orange with The race stripes and 20" black out rims
Thing is fucking amazing
20190323_135727.png

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Bought my wife a 2018 challenger last year
Bright orange with The race stripes and 20" black out rims
Thing is fucking amazingView attachment 9872

Oh good Lord you suck!! If I hit lotto that exact car with the Hellcat package will be my first purchase!!!! That is SO SWEET!!

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
@ItalianMuscle that's some cool stuff. I sold a shit ton on my baseball cards back in the 90's, bought a used car which was great timing, right before Ebay and all that shit. Still have sealed boxes in the basement, I give my kids sealed packs from the 80's and 90's cause they are cheaper than 2019 Topps, lol
Had a ton of autographed cards, think my best is my 1958 Billy Martin. Had him sign in some church in Brooklyn or Queens, pretty sure he was drunk at the time, was late 80's early 90's. Still have like 10K comics in my basement, need to inventory them, same with baseball, football and all other assorted cards. Have a bunch of old Brooklyn Dodger stuff, my dad grew up close to Ebbet's Field in the 50's.

Yeah, its a huge collection. I have so much stuff, its ridiculous. I just keep piling shit up in boxes. I can easily fill up a couple of rooms/walls, etc. This year after we get our floors redone, I am going to buy 3 or 4 more trophy cabinets, so I can start displaying more of my stuff. Not to mention all the jerseys I need to get framed yet. Its a never ending battle so to speak. Baseballs are my new thing. They are small and don't take up a lot of space. I don't get footballs or basketballs signed anymore. They are too hard to maintain and keep from deflating. I was thinking of selling all that stuff off. Have a Michael Jordan signed basketball Upper Deck Authenticated if interested. LOL

Old comics are very collectable. You might be sitting on a pile of cash that you don't even know. Be nice if you have some original spider mans or superman laying in your basement. Believe it or not, when I sold my Star Wars collections, I had a bunch of old Star Wars comics too. They weren't in Mint condition, because when I finally dug them up from my moms basement, they had some minor damage to them. Nothing horrible, just normal wear and tear. But still got a little bit of cash for them.

Funny story though, a few months ago my mom was cleaning out her basement again. She found like 100 or so old Playboys from the 60s and 70s. I havent had a chance to go through them, but Im sure they are worth a little something. They all are in great shape, pages intact and centerfolds still there. There are some hot ass woman back then. LOL. No first issue of Marilyn Monroe or anything unfortunately.. huge bummer! That one is the one you want..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic