Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Garage gym finds and photos

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Best find in mine is the rogue monster bench with fat pad.
And reason for bad pic is trying not to get any cats in photo

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Is this your home or the gym you go to?

Guessing this was a joke... ;) Thanks man. I have collected stuff for years. The first couple of pieces I bought 20 years ago and they have moved from home to home. Sometimes collecting dust for as much a decade, only to be dusted off again and put to use. We built a home this past year and I finally made a nice space for it all. My wife and kids use it a lot too. It is kind of been my daughter's sanctuary. She loves going down there and dancing/stretching listing to music. I had labored about whether or not I would use the space enough to justify putting it in, but it has turned out to be a great place for the whole family.

@monsoon Nice! Everything you need. I see an inversion table. I recently bought some teeter hang up boots and have been hanging from my chin up bar. It feels weird at first, but does wonders for the back!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I use the inversion table every day even if just for 5 mins. Not as much as I should though. I've also gotten lazy about doing my band suspension from the rack but I highly recommend it especially for folks like us with back injuries

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Guessing this was a joke... ;) Thanks man.

My dungeon. It gets the job done.

gym1.jpg

gym2.jpg

The rack, bench. oly bar and ez-curl bar, most the weights all bought from some guy who knew some guy. The dip station (pullup bar is too high for my ceiling and disassembled) was Craigslist locally, inclined seat another Craigslist thing. Dumbbells and rack were retail (Walmart home deliver I think). There's an old elliptical there I kept from my marriage that the fan sits on. A pullup bar in the doorway off to the side (gf hangs clothes on it now). Newest thing was the landmine row pivot from Rogue that you can just barely see inside the rack amongst piles of my 1" plates from my setup 20-some years ago. All this shoe-horned between a furnace, gun cabinet, and workbench. Next thing I get may be a calf raise machine since calves have been my latest obsession.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Nice set ups fellas. I see the C2 @macgyver, I use mine at least 5 days a week, love it

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Any female members out there with a garage gym?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Schultz whats the membership fee for use of your gym? 24/7 asscess?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@DungeonDweller Nice set up. I thought about switching out my rack for one like yours. I like the ability to set the bar a little lower. What I love about the 'gun rack' style rack is how you can use it for a little lift off on bench with the way the cuts are formed. This is especially helpful on inclines when you have bad shoulder mobility.

@schultz1 the C2 has been nice. I bought it in 09 when I was recovering from my broken neck. There was a while where I could not have any 'impact'. My wife uses it now. I dont think I have been on it in years. I switched my cardio to incline walking. I pretty much hate all cardio, but I have found I can tolerate incline walking the best. I found the lifefitneess incline trainer on ebay about an hour from me and picked it up for $400! It is one that goes up to 30deg and are about 7k new. That is my best find.

cQzhnW0.jpg

@Jin that is a SWEET setup. Hope you live in a temperate area. A steel bld like that would be 110 deg in summer around here! Looks like you have some bumpers. I have been thinking about looking to pick some up.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You guys are screwing me up now! I started trolling craigs to see what was out there. I have wanted to splurge on some dumbbells since I now have the space for a full set up. I now have a set of ironmasters with the kit that brings them up to 120's. They are pretty much the best adjustables out there and most like a 'real' dumbbell. But setting the up is a pain so I almost never use them.

The set of ironmasters w/ the 120lb kit was like 950. I can probably sell for 5-600 since they are ideal for people without a lot of space.

Guy on craigs posted a set of rubber coated hex that he just bought 2 mos ago (so like new). He wants r $1/lb for the whole set including the rack. (Thats $2100 for 5-100 in 5lb increments).

Going to go down in the gym and see where I would put it, but I have never regretted buying stuff for the gym. Was at my "public" gym tonight and it was crowded as hell. Makes me think ever more about expanding my setup.

This is a pic of the set. I think 2100 is a pretty good price. But will reach out to him tomorrow and see if he is negotiable.

qzNYytA.jpg

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
That's a beautiful set! For working out its nice to be able to grab-n-go, plus doing drop sets is trivial. If you get it I'll be so jealous.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic