Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Cutting weight with a sauna or hot epson salt bath

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Anyone have any experience or tips with cutting weight in this fashion?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Are you trying to make a weight class.....IE at temp drop?

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Yes trying to make 198 for a meet. Im 212 currently. The meet is a month from now. Im gonna lose what i can now with diet and exercise but last 4 or 5 lbs might need to cut water

Last edited:
FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
U going to use a lasix?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thats plenty of time for a PSMF. At your size, it is about a legit 3/4lb fat per day. Run it 12 days now and it is 9 lbs fat loss (plus a temp water drop). That will put you at 203 and within an easy water drop for 198 closer to meet.

Dont waste time though...I'd start no later than sat if you are going to PSMF

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Thats plenty of time for a PSMF. At your size, it is about a legit 3/4lb fat per day. Run it 12 days now and it is 9 lbs fat loss (plus a temp water drop). That will put you at 203 and within an easy water drop for 198 closer to meet.

Dont waste time though...I'd start no later than sat if you are going to PSMF
psfm is almost like low carb? Im sorry not too familiar with that. Ive been in a cal definit and carb cycling to loose right now.
U going to use a lasix?
I didnt plan on it. I would if i had some hand probably

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Look up Lyle McDonald PSMF.

It is brutal. Essentially zero fat (except supplemented fish oil) and protein @ about 200g. So 800 cals per day. You can run for up to 12 days with minimal mass loss. If you TDEE is 3000-ish than that is a 2200 cal daily deficit. (.63lbs of fat loss per day). Your actual "weight" loss will be a lot more as you will shed a ton of water). Plan on losing aprox 18-22 lbs in 12 days with 7-8 of that being fat and the rest water / glycogen. This gives you time to reestablish equilibrium and then do a small water drop at the end.

This works for a lot of people, but I will caution it screwed my CNS up. Took me 3 months to recover from. But you are 14lbs out now and you dont look too fat, so water drops are not going to work like they might for a SHW 280lb guy. They can shed 20lbs. I think you are pushing it regardless to do 14, which is why I might try a PSMF with a small recovery period and then water drop.

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Holy fuck thatbsounds effective but brutal. There isnt drastic strength loss? Pillar has kinda had a hamd in convincing me that i shoukdnt cut and just compete 220 at my 212. I woukdnt be breaking any records at 198 anyways

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Holy fuck thatbsounds effective but brutal. There isnt drastic strength loss? Pillar has kinda had a hamd in convincing me that i shoukdnt cut and just compete 220 at my 212. I woukdnt be breaking any records at 198 anyways

I have read a bunch of fighters using, I think there is a strength drop in any cut. I think guy that carry more fat can get away with shifting water a lot more...But if you are relatively lean, attempting a 14lb weight shift (and then trying to replenish) might not be effective. For me, 10-12lbs is a normal water glycogen shift at 10-12 days of low carb....but It takes several days to recover from it.

At the end of the day, if you feel strong were you are, just say screw it and go in at the weight you are feeling good and strong. Rather than attempting to come in a lower class and be disappointed with your performance. In the end, you are really competing with yourself. I mean face it....very few people truly 'win' a power lifting meet. The guy that is stronger than them just did not show up that day. So just go in at your best and do your best. Just a different viewpoint.

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Mac i like how you put it man. Thankyou for chiming in. And im still gonna research lyle McDonald. :). I haven't been very active on this board but i can see theres alot off good experience and members here so im definitely gonna pull up a chair and hangout more.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Even with single digit body fat I can get 6-8lbs out overnight with 12hrs of water restriction and 2-3 Epsom soaks. Fill a tub with the hottest water you can tolerate and keep every bit of you submerged except your nose for 20mins or so. Do this and weigh yourself after each soak.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic