Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Thinking of buying an ultrasound machine

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Been looking into getting a home ultrasound machine.I have seen some that seem too cheap to be any good.Heres one I seen Ezultrasound for $139 seems too cheap to be useful.Anyone else get a home machine for a good price?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
For muscular relief?

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Do detail...what you looking at it for? would be a random thing to have but if could be of use... but that sounds way too cheap to be

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I had a chiro who would use it on my lower back, always felt the tens machine was better that the US for muscle spasms/tightness.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
I had a chiro who would use it on my lower back, always felt the tens machine was better that the US for muscle spasms/tightness.

I might have to look into one. I've had serious spasms in the quad muscles (only on leg day) - Dr for past 4-5yrs (several) none have been able to relate anything other than my tendons/ligs are too tight and they continue to fire hours later when I walk. Made the mistake of doing the yard mowing after legs but damn Florence made me do it. was looking like an 80yr old with a walker pushing it.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I was going to use it mostly for my shoulder and other joints.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
I was going to use it mostly for my shoulder and other joints.
let me know how it works out for ya! might be cool to try. pretty sure Walmart has a cheap TENS as well

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Been looking into getting a home ultrasound machine.I have seen some that seem too cheap to be any good.Heres one I seen Ezultrasound for $139 seems too cheap to be useful.Anyone else get a home machine for a good price?

I have one and it cost about the same amount. Check out LGMedSupply, they carry TENS, Muscle stem and ultra-sound.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I have one and it cost about the same amount. Check out LGMedSupply, they carry TENS, Muscle stem and ultra-sound.

Did it work any where near as good as a pro one?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yes, just as good, just less expensive. All of them are 1 MHz frequency. The 1 MHz energy is absorbed less rapidly and can therefore be more effective at greater depth, making it useful to treat deeper muscular problems like sciatica. The clinical version may or may not have a 3 MHz frequency too, plus 2 or more heads. The difference is the 3MHz ultrasound is absorbed more rapidly and used to treat superficial injuries. For all intent and purposes the 1 MHz frequency is all you need because the injuries most of us deal with are deep muscular injuries.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Yes, just as good, just less expensive. All of them are 1 MHz frequency. The 1 MHz energy is absorbed less rapidly and can therefore be more effective at greater depth, making it useful to treat deeper muscular problems like sciatica. The clinical version may or may not have a 3 MHz frequency too, plus 2 or more heads. The difference is the 3MHz ultrasound is absorbed more rapidly and used to treat superficial injuries. For all intent and purposes the 1 MHz frequency is all you need because the injuries most of us deal with are deep muscular injuries.

Looks like they offer lots of equipment. Which machine do you recommend?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic