Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

medical marijuanna

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Due to having osteo-arthritus in pretty much all my joints to the point of having both hips replaced, ruptured disks in lower back repaired, and shoulder surgery to repair an upper bi tendon w/ a lot of debry removed by the age of 56. The dr who did the shoulder surgery told me I have a lot of arthritis in my shoulder, whatever that means. Since my kidneys are insufficient due to extensive use of advil I can no longer use anti-inflammatories. My only option for pain is opiates but before I go down that road I was advised to try marijuana. Got a medical card and have been trying different strains but my anxiety gets the best of me when I use it so I havn't been able to tell if I'm getting any pain relief. The only good thing so far is if I smoke indigo before bed I sleep much better as in straight through the nite vs waking up every 2hrs to piss. The sativa strain is for daytime use but it gives me major anxiety and I can't function. Everyone says 'you'll get used to it" but it hasn't got any better in over a month of use. I have tried a strain with no thc just cbd which is supposed to be what gives pain relief with no euphoria but I still feel some euphoria with no pain relief. Theses are my results to date. Does anyone use and has/had anxiety issues??? Anyone got pain relief???

Ripitup

Ripitup

MuscleHead
Aug 29, 2013
The anxiety will subside after years of use and going in public stoned etc. I could take a few hits off of a joint and walk into family Christmas and no one in the room would know I was stoned...if you use eye drops.

I haven't seen a substantial decrease in pain but it does help. I like Sativa dominant strains but do like Indigo dominant hybrids for night/bed use.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Last time I smoked some Indigo my shit turned purple..

Reactions: SAD
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Stay away from the Sativas for a while if your getting anxiety. Most of that feeling is because we've been programmed that Medical MJ is really just an attempt to legalize pot...lol. Much of this "shaming" propagated by the Pharma Giants who got our country addicted to Vicodin, Oxycodone and eventually heroin to begin with.

Until you get more comfortable with being high in public (another story) I suggest you get a few hybrids to sedate you a bit but with enough Sativa that it'll keep you from getting too couch-locked. Use small amounts 2.5-5mg for a few weeks before increasing (if needed). The tinctures and lozenges make this dosing much simpler. My mother in law has Parkinson's and I finally got her to try THC. She's a born-again Christian ultra conservation and hasn't had so much as a drop of booze in 40+ years. Once she got comfortable, her tremors are nonexistent and she's able to do every activity on daily life while using THC.

I'm 48, a married father and a Critical Care and Emergency Certified RN. I also use THC and CBD every day. I use the CBD while working as I get decent pain relief and no psychoactive effect. I use THC lozenges and Vaporized MJ for pain and sleep on my off days and after work. I'm not your typical THC/CBD user...well actually I am ;) I encourage all of my friends, patients and families trying to avoid opiates to give Medical MJ a fair try. My wife has MS and it help tremendously with joint pain and inter-ocular pressure (her MS has been attacking her vision primarily). She is a 17yr veteran of the OR at one of the top3 Children's Hospitals in the Nation. She was also very anxious when she first started using Medical MJ.

Sorry for the book but I couldn't train anymore without it. Years of OLY and Powerlifting wrecked my joints. Medical MJ allows me to keep going albeit as a bodybuilder now. Give it another shot before you consider the opiates please.

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
Stay away from the Sativas for a while if your getting anxiety. Most of that feeling is because we've been programmed that Medical MJ is really just an attempt to legalize pot...lol. Much of this "shaming" propagated by the Pharma Giants who got our country addicted to Vicodin, Oxycodone and eventually heroin to begin with.

Until you get more comfortable with being high in public (another story) I suggest you get a few hybrids to sedate you a bit but with enough Sativa that it'll keep you from getting too couch-locked. Use small amounts 2.5-5mg for a few weeks before increasing (if needed). The tinctures and lozenges make this dosing much simpler. My mother in law has Parkinson's and I finally got her to try THC. She's a born-again Christian ultra conservation and hasn't had so much as a drop of booze in 40+ years. Once she got comfortable, her tremors are nonexistent and she's able to do every activity on daily life while using THC.

I'm 48, a married father and a Critical Care and Emergency Certified RN. I also use THC and CBD every day. I use the CBD while working as I get decent pain relief and no psychoactive effect. I use THC lozenges and Vaporized MJ for pain and sleep on my off days and after work. I'm not your typical THC/CBD user...well actually I am ;) I encourage all of my friends, patients and families trying to avoid opiates to give Medical MJ a fair try. My wife has MS and it help tremendously with joint pain and inter-ocular pressure (her MS has been attacking her vision primarily). She is a 17yr veteran of the OR at one of the top3 Children's Hospitals in the Nation. She was also very anxious when she first started using Medical MJ.

Sorry for the book but I couldn't train anymore without it. Years of OLY and Powerlifting wrecked my joints. Medical MJ allows me to keep going albeit as a bodybuilder now. Give it another shot before you consider the opiates please.

Well said and great advice. Since my discetomy and decompression, I get residual sciatica. I'm also 6'7, 300ish lbs and getting up there in age as well. I get bad joint pain, especially in my knees. I am not a fan of of using pain meds or even Diclofenac (sp?). The high mg CBD oil and drops are really the only options to prove effective for me.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Need a little weed education...

Someone correct me if in wrong but indica is more of a body high also has more cbd and Sativa is more of a head high? Also looks like indica induces sleep and sativa gives you more energy?

I smoked a lot of pot way back in high school and college and never really paid attention to strands. We had only 2 buying options-- dirt cheap weed (Sativa) usually had a ton of seeds and took a lot of burning to get a high. And then the high grade kind bud (indica) were you be good and high on 3 to 4 hits. Cheap = sativa, expensive = indica

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
It's come a long way since you were in high school @sityslicker1 with these mad chemists marrying plants and strains making hybrids and extracting the oils. People who don't want to "smoke" can get the oil and hook it up to a logic e-cig and smoke it. I am not a daily smoker of the weed, I do find when I do smoke before bed it relives my sciatic pain and I can sleep through the night without needing a drink. Trying to replace a drink before bed with a few tokes but I love me a fine bourbon to relax.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Need a little weed education...

Someone correct me if in wrong but indica is more of a body high also has more cbd and Sativa is more of a head high? Also looks like indica induces sleep and sativa gives you more energy?

I smoked a lot of pot way back in high school and college and never really paid attention to strands. We had only 2 buying options-- dirt cheap weed (Sativa) usually had a ton of seeds and took a lot of burning to get a high. And then the high grade kind bud (indica) were you be good and high on 3 to 4 hits. Cheap = sativa, expensive = indica
That's pretty much the gist of it. Indica's are sedating, and have the rep for being "stronger". Strong is a vague description as I have had some Sativas with very "strong" effects (verbal diarrhea, crazy ideas and tangents that my wife has to entertain) but I was also doing a 2hr Push/Pull split at the same time.

The Indicas are great for sleep, chilling out after a hectic day or even to slow down the "stimulatory effects" of other supps/drugs. If I take a Pre-workout after 6pm, I can't sleep well til after midnight. If I puff on a good Indica, it'll knock me out regardless.

The Sativas are great for tasks, as a preworkout or for analgesia when you can't afford to slow down.

For those of you who have access to a dispensary, the clerks there can point you to a strain or hybrid best suited for what you need. Depression, Anxiety, Pain, Tremors, Nausea and many other specific complaints can be addressed by particular products now. If you want to look into the varieties yourself, https://www.leafly.com/ is a great starting point.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Lots of good info here. Haven't really touched MJ since high-school. I loved it for a while then it just started making me paranoid and sleepy and stupid so I quit.

I love a few beers after work before dinner to relax and help me sleep.

But MJ is gonna be legal here soon and sold in government run liquor stores and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about swapping calorie-laden beer with a puff or two after work.

Not sure how Mrs Flex would feel about that....or even how I would...

I can function at a pretty high level no matter how many beers I have. I'm not stupid enough to drive but I can do whatever household stuff I need like cook dinner and shit. When I was high on MJ as a teen I could barely function. Usually would just put on some headphones and doze off listening to music.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
i have been using THC for over 30 years.... we used to be considered criminals but now we are just taking our medicine.

Hoping to be legal in my state someday.....and as far as the anxiety it will always be there...some people can deal with it some cant....just take a few deep breathes of fresh air after and use a small dosage......this shit nowadays is strong as fuck.

I am using 90% pure wax cartridges and vaping shatter that will rock your ass and have you paranoid as hell.....just decrease the dose

Reactions: 5.0
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I would like to know more about those tangents Mike describes before I try this stuff . . .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic