Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Best budget diet

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Don’t forget about eggs too. They are so cheap that I don’t even sweat throwing away the yolks. Cook with a bit of salsa (also cheap), then whatever else you want for toppings. I tend to go for low fat shredded cheese and a dab of sour cream.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
@ITAWOLF ,whats wild hog taste like compared to slop fed farm pork?
hog is a slice between pork and beef ---its got a small iron taste yet if you cook it long and right you can get alot of the Game taste out ---i go for a slow roast with lots of onions and spices and always some kind of hot sauce to go with it
about 50% of it feeds my dogs ---we let it jerky up
but i prob eat my share about 1x a mth or so ---

i went to a Hogs for a Cause event in Texas with some Vets and was introduced to Wild Hog and have not turned back since

just cook well and rem there is no hormones or anti in their system --proper cooking is important

def in my top 5 for meat

horse is good too but hard to find lol

and think of this ---a day hog hunting and kill at least one --its free and all yours

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
oh forget bacon ---these biatches are lean and mean ---no fat on them really

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Pork shoulder in the crock pot, skim the fat off the top, large cans of tuna, think 3 lbs cans for $10, split chicken breast, boneless skinless thighs, mac cheese, rice, eggs, pasta, red sauce, ramen, and supplement with a good quality protein, like from Bulk Supliments from amazon.

Just have to know when the sales are on, and chest freezer helps, we stock up, when things are cheep.

I also have 3 teenaged boys, se we have to eat cheap,

G-Seuss

G-Seuss

May 5, 2018
@ITAWOLF ,whats wild hog taste like compared to slop fed farm pork?
Definitely not for everyone. I’m not a fan of it, way too gamey for my taste. But I know a lot of people that love it. To me it doesn’t taste at all like regular pork

G-Seuss

G-Seuss

May 5, 2018
[QUOTE="Mike_RN, whats wild hog taste like compared to slop fed farm pork?[/QUOTE]
Definitely not for everyone. I’m not a fan of it, way too gamey for my taste. But I know a lot of people that love it. To me it doesn’t taste at all like regular pork

G-Seuss

G-Seuss

May 5, 2018
[QUOTE="Mike_RN, whats wild hog taste like compared to slop fed farm pork?

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Don’t forget about eggs too. They are so cheap that I don’t even sweat throwing away the yolks. Cook with a bit of salsa (also cheap), then whatever else you want for toppings. I tend to go for low fat shredded cheese and a dab of sour cream.

Eggs are a staple part of my diet too. If possible, go to your local chicken farm and stock up for best prices by the dozen.

Tuna in a can as well. The chicken of the sea.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Whether bulking, cutting, or maintaining, I've always liked to have a bit more fat (and fewer carbs) in my diet than what many experts have recommended over the last 30 or so years. Having a bit of extra fat in the diet (steaks, 80/20 ground beef, chicken thighs, a few whole eggs, a bit of peanut butter and regular butter here and there, etc) always seemed to keep me fuller longer and give me more strength and energy.

And foods with at least a little fat in them are much tastier IMO. A chicken thigh is not only cheaper than a breast, it is also juicier and tastier IMO, and leaves me feeling more satisfied.

G-Seuss

G-Seuss

May 5, 2018
Whether bulking, cutting, or maintaining, I've always liked to have a bit more fat (and fewer carbs) in my diet than what many experts have recommended over the last 30 or so years. Having a bit of extra fat in the diet (steaks, 80/20 ground beef, chicken thighs, a few whole eggs, a bit of peanut butter and regular butter here and there, etc) always seemed to keep me fuller longer and give me more strength and energy.

And foods with at least a little fat in them are much tastier IMO. A chicken thigh is not only cheaper than a breast, it is also juicier and tastier IMO, and leaves me feeling more satisfied.
Maintain a good diet, I also like to wreck shop on a buffet once every couple of weeks

S

Shindlerslist

Sep 7, 2018
Who has the best diet on a budget?
I recommend the Mediterranean Diet as one of the best diets to follow for general health. It can be cheaper to follow by frequenting farmer's markets.

KennyJ

KennyJ

Oct 10, 2018
I like deer, squirrel, squirrel brains and chicken liver.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic