pbtom
What's New?

*Gulp* Here Goes Nothing...

BrynnCKr

BrynnCKr

TID Lady Member
May 12, 2018
Hey everyone,

I guess this is where I start my fitness journey to get back into the shape I was once in...

Here's me at age 16:
7hZ8qc1l.jpg

I was healthy, strong for my age, and peaked at this time haha

Fast forward to today:
mrYs71Jl.jpg

Cid118Nl.jpg

Not saying that that's the worst transformation, but I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be because I haven't been taking the best care of myself the past few years..
so here's a full-hearted effort to make an improvement....TODAY

A little bit about me:
I've been a serious, competitive athlete my entire life. I have a strong background in gymnastics, cheerleading, track and field, and rowing. I've always been bottom-heavy, but how I look today is getting ridiculous.

I'm currently 190 pounds, and my goal is to just get healthier in the next month -- I don't care about numbers all that much. I hope that you can keep my accountable and encourage me on my journey! :)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
It can be done. My wife was also very bottom heavy. She had(has) calves the size of 2l Coke bottles and could never wear boots, Uggs etc. Concentrate on Cardio for the lower body while lifting heavy for Pushing and Pulling movements for Upper Body. This won't work overnight but eventually we were able to whittle down her lower body (a little) and build a great Chest and Back to balance her out. Kudos for the pics and making up your mind to get back to your old body. Her pics are around here somewhere lol, check out our female only forum too. The Moderators have access but our male "members" do not.

BrynnCKr

BrynnCKr

TID Lady Member
May 12, 2018
It can be done. My wife was also very bottom heavy. She had(has) calves the size of 2l Coke bottles and could never wear boots, Uggs etc. Concentrate on Cardio for the lower body while lifting heavy for Pushing and Pulling movements for Upper Body. This won't work overnight but eventually we were able to whittle down her lower body (a little) and build a great Chest and Back to balance her out. Kudos for the pics and making up your mind to get back to your old body. Her pics are around here somewhere lol, check out our female only forum too. The Moderators have access but our male "members" do not.
Thanks!! It's definitely doable -- because I've already done it, in my head. It can be a mental game sometimes.
Bottom heavy wasnt necessarily a bad thing back when I was in middle-high school haha, I put on a good bit of muscle from gymnastics and cheerleading. I still have a lot of that lower-body strength, but it's just hard to see from all that cellulite. And having naturally thick hips doesn't help...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Just want to say welcome, and you'll get nothing but encouragement from me and other members here! Your decision to make the improvement is the big important first step. Since you've got a nice history of fitness, your body will respond. Just understand that it's that combination of hard work in the gym coupled with a smart, long term diet plan that will result in your good results. I'll be here to cheer you on, and I'll let some of the ladies, and people like Mike who's got lots of experience training female athletes lend you their expertise.

BrynnCKr

BrynnCKr

TID Lady Member
May 12, 2018
Just want to say welcome, and you'll get nothing but encouragement from me and other members here! Your decision to make the improvement is the big important first step. Since you've got a nice history of fitness, your body will respond. Just understand that it's that combination of hard work in the gym coupled with a smart, long term diet plan that will result in your good results. I'll be here to cheer you on, and I'll let some of the ladies, and people like Mike who's got lots of experience training female athletes lend you their expertise.
Yep! We have a trainer at our athletic department too, so it's not like I don't have resources!

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Welcome to the family. Keep us posted on your progress.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
This is a great place for motivation and accountability. Great peeps here.. Keep us up to date and of course, ask tons of questions.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Curious, how tall are you? The last picture, you don't look disproportionate at all. Second picture there is some obvious quad musculature there, so I think you have a good base. You already know what you need to do.
Welcome

BrynnCKr

BrynnCKr

TID Lady Member
May 12, 2018
Curious, how tall are you? The last picture, you don't look disproportionate at all. Second picture there is some obvious quad musculature there, so I think you have a good base. You already know what you need to do.
Welcome
Haha what do you mean by "disproportionate"?? :p That's not the picture I'm most proud of ... I guess all the alcohol caught up to me... then again I'm from an Irish family so can you really blame me?

I'm 5'11 1/2, but I always say 6'0 since that's pretty much what it is.

Thanks! I've always gotten comments on my legs, good and bad. I kickbox and sometimes wrestle recreationally, and you would not believe the reactions of the people I beat when they say how they didn't believe a big girl like me could be that strong in the lower body.

It's pretty frustrating though with the cardio because I've recently trained and ran a marathon and didn't see results at all, if any. I'd say my diet is probably the biggest factor

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Welcome to TID. You look great as is; any improvement is icing on the cake!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Disproportionate, in the middle pic your hips and legs appear very large (out of proportion) in relation to the rest of you. In the last pic, not so much. You look tall, so 6 ft is believable.

BrynnCKr

BrynnCKr

TID Lady Member
May 12, 2018
Oh haha..yep, no matter what I'll always have thick hips and thighs.. I like being tall, but it certainly has its disadvantages at times

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic