Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Coming off of DNP

P

prodi_g_

May 10, 2018
Hey so i tried searching but i can't seem to find any clear diet plan when coming off of DNP. everyone is either doing keto, or is on AAS. I am natty so hopefully i can find some answers.

TDEE is around 2700
i took DNP for 10 days at 4mg/kg. I was still eating carbs while on DNP
i ate at around 2000 calories per day, as per the recommendation of the dnp subreddit

Now that i am finished, i am unsure of how many calories to have, and how to increase it, and lastly if i should have a carb up day for the "anabolic rebound"

My plan is to continue eating at 2k for about 5 days the same way i was while on DNP. Then on the fifth and sixth day eat at maintenance to keep leptin up since 2k is low for me, then continue with my normal cut at around 2300-2400. Some people advocate doing a glycogen depletion workout and then eating like 4000 calories, but i was never anywhere near a glycogen depleted state, so i wasn't going to do that. Would this plan be OK, or is there a better way to handle it. This is my first time on DNP so any help is appreciated

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Hey so i tried searching but i can't seem to find any clear diet plan when coming off of DNP. everyone is either doing keto, or is on AAS. I am natty so hopefully i can find some answers.

TDEE is around 2700
i took DNP for 10 days at 4mg/kg. I was still eating carbs while on DNP
i ate at around 2000 calories per day, as per the recommendation of the dnp subreddit

Now that i am finished, i am unsure of how many calories to have, and how to increase it, and lastly if i should have a carb up day for the "anabolic rebound"

My plan is to continue eating at 2k for about 5 days the same way i was while on DNP. Then on the fifth and sixth day eat at maintenance to keep leptin up since 2k is low for me, then continue with my normal cut at around 2300-2400. Some people advocate doing a glycogen depletion workout and then eating like 4000 calories, but i was never anywhere near a glycogen depleted state, so i wasn't going to do that. Would this plan be OK, or is there a better way to handle it. This is my first time on DNP so any help is appreciated
What's your weight, bf% and goals?
I believe in the KISS principle and I think you're complicating the hell out of this. I'm lost with what goes on in Reddit subs and don't understand why you're looking for an "anabolic rebound" when DNP isn't catabolic in the first . I've ran DNP with good results as high as 600mg ed in the past to 200mg recently, between the weight of 250 to 230lbs, but this was when I was already around 15% bf of lower.

P

prodi_g_

May 10, 2018
What's your weight, bf% and goals?
I believe in the KISS principle and I think you're complicating the hell out of this. I'm lost with what goes on in Reddit subs and don't understand why you're looking for an "anabolic rebound" when DNP isn't catabolic in the first . I've ran DNP with good results as high as 600mg ed in the past to 200mg recently, between the weight of 250 to 230lbs, but this was when I was already around 15% bf of lower.
There's some thing about after a week off of DNP, if u deplete glycogen you set yourself up to be super compensated or something. If you Google it a lot of people utilize it. I'm NOT trying to, simply because I'm not doing low carb (which is basically a prerequisite) I'm basically just asked what the right way to come off of dnp is. I'm at 200lbs, around 11-12% bf.maintain around 2700, but I ate 2000while on dnp. I usually diet at 2200-2300

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Lolz. Do u continue eating at the same calories as when u were on?
Depends if I met my goal while on DNP, if not, I would extend my run or possible try to continue the calorie deficit or go keto. If not, I could always go to Five Guys and gain it all back in a short few days :)

P

prodi_g_

May 10, 2018
Depends if I met my goal while on DNP, if not, I would extend my run or possible try to continue the calorie deficit or go keto. If not, I could always go to Five Guys and gain it all back in a short few days :)

Not to be a pain, but could you give me your numbers for the first scenario. Like what's your tdee, how many cals on dnp, and how many after assuming you didn't reach your goal. Don't mean to be a pain I'm just trying to do it right without destroying my metabolism and having to eat like 1800

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I
There's some thing about after a week off of DNP, if u deplete glycogen you set yourself up to be super compensated or something. If you Google it a lot of people utilize it. I'm NOT trying to, simply because I'm not doing low carb (which is basically a prerequisite) I'm basically just asked what the right way to come off of dnp is. I'm at 200lbs, around 11-12% bf.maintain around 2700, but I ate 2000while on dnp. I usually diet at 2200-2300
Sorry. I lost internet connection and wasn't able to edit my post to finish.
I follow my same diet when a come off of DNT. It's just another supplement to me.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you are 200lb and 11% your numbers would be different than mine. How do you train, what do you do for work all day, lots of factors bro.

What are you trying to get to or are you just trying to maintain the 200lb @ 11%? I'm not a diet guru guy, I take DNP to cut some weight and stop it when I either get too run down, it gets too hot out or I lost enough to be happy where I am. You're over thinking it.

P

prodi_g_

May 10, 2018
I

Sorry. I lost internet connection and wasn't able to edit my post to finish.
I follow my same diet when a come off of DNT. It's just another supplement to me.

So you eat your normal cutting calories even when on DNP?

P

prodi_g_

May 10, 2018
If you are 200lb and 11% your numbers would be different than mine. How do you train, what do you do for work all day, lots of factors bro.

What are you trying to get to or are you just trying to maintain the 200lb @ 11%? I'm not a diet guru guy, I take DNP to cut some weight and stop it when I either get too run down, it gets too hot out or I lost enough to be happy where I am. You're over thinking it.

I prob am overthinking it. And I know the numbers would be different, it was more so to get an idea. To put it simply, I ate less than my normal cutting calories with dnp, and now I'm trying to figure out the best way to increase my calories back to normal cutting calls, without gaining too much rebound weight I guess

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
So you eat your normal cutting calories even when on DNP?
Yes. Like I said, it's another supplement, the same way gear is. Nothing magical or complicated about it. You plan your diet and add compounds around it. You don't build your diet around a compound.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic