Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

How Long Do You Wait To Buy Your Toys?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Currently, I wait and buy myself something I would like when I hit a milestone ie. c
I don't like that watch but to each their own. Once one catches my eye it's burnt into my brain until I buy it, glad I didn't like that link, lol

@JackD - Charbroils rust out within 5 years, Weber's last much longer and have a more even heat.

LK, what companies do you like? I remember you talking about a RW you were interested in. I would like to get a Nomos but I think my next purchase will probably be a Junghans.

Sounds crazy but I've been wanting a Grand Seiko for quite sometime. I'm a big fan of JDM Seiko's.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like a bigger watch BI, Raymond Weil's are nice and heavy and make you feel like you are wearing a watch. There are a few Breitling's I like, but they are too pricy imo. I have a few really nice Seiko's, for the price they are really a great watch. My Tag Heuer wears well also.
Both the Nomos and the Junghas are nice classic styles, really nice watches, just not for my wrist, I think it would look silly.

Now what I really want is a Panerai - http://www.paneraipowerreserve.com/en-us/#chrono

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I like a bigger watch BI, Raymond Weil's are nice and heavy and make you feel like you are wearing a watch. There are a few Breitling's I like, but they are too pricy imo. I have a few really nice Seiko's, for the price they are really a great watch. My Tag Heuer wears well also.
Both the Nomos and the Junghas are nice classic styles, really nice watches, just not for my wrist, I think it would look silly.

Now what I really want is a Panerai - http://www.paneraipowerreserve.com/en-us/#chrono

What model Tag do you have LK? Is it your daily driver?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What model Tag do you have LK? Is it your daily driver?
I have an old Tag, Kirium
TAG-Heuer-Kirium-Watch.jpg

Daily driver is my RW Don Giovanni. Came with a gator strap, doesn't fit my wrist so I wear the pimp bracelet.
images

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I have an old Tag, Kirium
TAG-Heuer-Kirium-Watch.jpg

Daily driver is my RW Don Giovanni. Came with a gator strap, doesn't fit my wrist so I wear the pimp bracelet.
images

Nice setup man. The older Tags I have been a big fan of since I was in high school. Nice Daily driver too. It looks real clean with the bracelet.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
^ I love those high powered grills for cooking steaks and for cooking meats in general for groups of people beyond 3-4. The ability to reach a sustained very high temperature makes them ideal for cooking steaks or for cooking large quantities of meats in general. And the ability to easily keep the temperature constant for a long period makes them good for slow cooking / smoking big hunks of meat as well. I have a pretty nice built-in setup outside.

I prefer to use my old fashioned pit when I grill burgers, or when I smoke small quantities of meats such as a few chicken thighs or a couple of links of sausage. I'll use mesquite coals and a handful of a blend of wood chips for grilling burgers and smoking small amounts of meats on the pit.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Congrats LK. Did you have to order it, or was it in stock?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
There was a $700 difference between the 60K BTU and the 72K BTU, plus some other options I didn't think were worth it. Can't wait to make a nice steak on it at 500+ degrees. Thinking Tomahawk Ribeye!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Floor model, saved $200 and didn't have to put it together :)

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
ps_PRO500-1-RSIB-Angle-Closed-Lights-On-napoleon-grills_1614_S.jpg

Got my Napoleon grill this past summer with side and back infrared burners. I've always been a charcoal guy, but now that I've got the propane set up, I really like the additional control it gives me. Plus, I can fire it up on the spur of the moment, which was difficult to do with charcoal.

LK, that grill looks like a beauty!!

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Besides the quickness and ease in starting it up and getting it to temp, propane is great for that extreme heat without the flareup risk you have when using large amounts of charcoal and woods to get to a high enough temp to do a steak right.

Burgers are more forgiving of a less-than-perfect cooking, but I'm very picky about my steaks - particularly when I'm spending $12-15 a pound or more for the really good cuts. Anything beyond medium rare for a steak is burnt IMO, and I like a nice sear (not burnt) outside. And I cannot stand a tough steak. I tend to leave them out at room temp for at least an hour and hit them with a good amount of bromelain before I season them and throw them on the grill.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic