Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Briefs, legal?

tinymk

tinymk

Feb 5, 2013
I have a pair of elitefts super heavy sleeves that wouldn't fly in raw, but that doesn't stop me from training in them. I suppose I should look at the pants the sa,e way
Exactly, you wont see me bench on video without elbow sleeves, but in the meet I cannot wear em. I just know to hit my openers, before the meet, without sleeves. 1000's of reps in sleeves, only about 6-7 reps without em and I am ready to hit the platform.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I got lucky on the sizing of the power pants. I was a little heavier when I got them and they didn't fit right. I have since dropped a few pounds because I want to stay in sight of 181 and they actually fit pretty good and definately work.
I think the biggest step for me gear wise will be wraps. My knees have been the limiting factor lately.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I got lucky on the sizing of the power pants. I was a little heavier when I got them and they didn't fit right. I have since dropped a few pounds because I want to stay in sight of 181 and they actually fit pretty good and definately work.
I think the biggest step for me gear wise will be wraps. My knees have been the limiting factor lately.
Deads is a whole different issue because that's definately my back limiting me. I may give the suit a try.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I follow what you're saying here. I wouldn't think of squatting without sleeves, but don't usually pull them on until I'm at my working sets. I have a pair of elitefts super heavy sleeves that wouldn't fly in raw, but that doesn't stop me from training in them. I suppose I should look at the pants the same way

Exactly. Don't be the tough guy who says fvck gear... instead properly plan it's use to aid in your quest to get stronger.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
The way some of the wording is written. I know a few guys who have worn the groove legless briefs in Raw. I think APA and 365Strong allow it????? I have no idea of the Legless groove briefs even add anything. I'm not sure if it's legal or not. They may have been cheating. I know a few Feds allow briefs under single ply suits and still count as single ply.

edit: re-read the APA rules and it's illegal in Raw for sure.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=GROOVE

I bought a pair of the inzer Power Pants once and never good get the sizing correct. I have a Titan cent. briefs and love them.

My first suit was a Metal V-Style squat suit. I used mainly for Deadlifts. When my hips hurt I would wear it with the straps down. Took all the pain way instant. I have bought two of these suits used off of PLW for 30 bucks each.

I would try and find a suit like that to train in. Then you can try out single ply squat and deads for fun. Push the limits a bit more.

For the hell of it, I tried a dead today since I already had the pants on. Didn't seem to help. I may try a suit if I find a cheapo nearby.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For the hell of it, I tried a dead today since I already had the pants on. Didn't seem to help. I may try a suit if I find a cheapo nearby.

I personally feel the pp take me out of my proper position when pulling. That's how I felt when I wore them pulling conventional. Now sumo was a different story.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I personally feel the pp take me out of my proper position when pulling. That's how I felt when I wore them pulling conventional. Now sumo was a different story.

Since you mentioned it, I did feel drawn to a sumo stance, but was worried about aggravating the groin.
As far as proper position, I'm sure my position is all fuvked up in the first place. I need to figure something out to fix this because it takes a huge portion of my total.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic