Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Thoughts on vegan lifestyle ?

Would you be able to live without chicken, eggs and milk ?

• No

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Already vegetarian

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Already vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meat is essential fuel for the muscle !

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Been trying the plant based stuff for last month. Its going very well. Whey is not only protein lol.

Me 2 man. Last 16 days I have gone meat free 13 of them. I feel pretty damn good. I enjoy my meat cheat days too. Broccoli is super rich in protein. Beans.

Sunwarrior protein is either rice for original or plant blend for the other Neither use soy. There are tons of Hemp ones too. Not to mention it not as hard to get a bunch from food still.

jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
Anyone else notice these vegans and vegetarians always look malnourished- pale, frail, split end hairs? Occasionally there eill be a chubby one with rosey cheeks, but rare.

I don't buy into these type of diets. Were meant to eat both meats and vegetables.

Not always the case.
Jason Dwarika is a 30-something vegan muscle model/physique guy and looks fantastic and there's that 70 year old black guy who's name escapes me but there's a documentary floating around about him.

It can definitely be done but for me it just seems far too much hassle trying to combine vegan wholefoods in the right ratios to get your essential aminos, and I love bacon, eggs, beef, ham and chicken far too much to give them up

G

gimp

Sep 15, 2013
I personally do not believe vegetable protein is as good as animal protein. If you are a bodybuilder, why go vegan? Its harder to meet your goals.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I personally do not believe vegetable protein is as good as animal protein. If you are a bodybuilder, why go vegan? Its harder to meet your goals.

Vegan is too much.
Veggtarian is very do able.

I've been cheating the last week n a half. However, since late summer I'm 75% veg. I highly recommend trying it at least. After 2 weeks I felt a difference.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Vegan is too much.
Veggtarian is very do able.

I've been cheating the last week n a half. However, since late summer I'm 75% veg. I highly recommend trying it at least. After 2 weeks I felt a difference.

75% vegetarian.... What is that supposed to mean? Either you are or you're not. It's like being pregnant, either you are or you're not.

What was the difference? Weak, sore, and more injury prone?

Vegetarian... shaking my head. You have to supplement since no one veggie/carb contains all essential amino acids like a dead animal. If you don't have the correct carb combinations the incomplete protein isn't going to be used to build/repair your body. You have to have all the essential aminos present at the same time otherwise the body will convert the aminos to energy or store them as fat.

For those that don't know... it's the "All or nothing rule". I think all athletes would benefit from taking a few classes ie. Biochem, A&P, etc...

Next thing someone is going to say we should all drink alkaline water....

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Two guys that spring to mind who follow a vegan lifestyle and are very accomplished Olympic weightlifters are Clarence Kennedy from Ireland and Kendrick Farris of USA .

Clarence has a best Snatch of 185 kg at around 100 kg ( 220 lb ) and C&J of 220 kg .

There's quite a few MMA guys too , Abel Trujillo doesn't look frail or pale to me .

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
75% vegetarian.... What is that supposed to mean? Either you are or you're not. It's like being pregnant, either you are or you're not.

What was the difference? Weak, sore, and more injury prone?

Vegetarian... shaking my head. You have to supplement since no one veggie/carb contains all essential amino acids like a dead animal. If you don't have the correct carb combinations the incomplete protein isn't going to be used to build/repair your body. You have to have all the essential aminos present at the same time otherwise the body will convert the aminos to energy or store them as fat.

For those that don't know... it's the "All or nothing rule". I think all athletes would benefit from taking a few classes ie. Biochem, A&P, etc...

Next thing someone is going to say we should all drink alkaline water....

All or nothing lol.
No.

thats nonsense. I eat Veggitarian Mon-Sat or Sun-Fri. I will eat meat one day per week normally or if I am in a situation where I would be a dick to not. Like someone elses house or party or something like that.

the idea that you must prescribe to a diet with 100% dedication to the letter of the law is dumb. Who ever said that.

Yes a protein powder and a bcaa supplement are a must for me. Because I train for size and strength. Not so for 95% of the nation, walking around fat and dumb and lazy as they are.
I use a pure plant based protein powder also.

Try it before you knock it.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
All or nothing lol.
No.

thats nonsense. I eat Veggitarian Mon-Sat or Sun-Fri. I will eat meat one day per week normally or if I am in a situation where I would be a dick to not. Like someone elses house or party or something like that.

the idea that you must prescribe to a diet with 100% dedication to the letter of the law is dumb. Who ever said that.

Yes a protein powder and a bcaa supplement are a must for me. Because I train for size and strength. Not so for 95% of the nation, walking around fat and dumb and lazy as they are.

You have to be a real man to be Veggitarian.

Mrhat

U

UnimatrixZero

Nov 8, 2017
I'd like to be a vegan someday, but even on my current diet, it's impossible to get enough protein. (Sorry for the duplicate message.)

U

UnimatrixZero

Nov 8, 2017
I'd like to be a vegan someday, but even on my current diet, it's impossible to get enough protein.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
All or nothing lol.
No.

Vegetarians can get all essential aminos, but there isn't 1 single plant/carb that contains them all. They are incomplete and essentially inadequate by them-self. Proper combinations must be used to acquire them all or supplements must be taken. If not the protein will either be converted to glucose or fat. This is science... not bro science.

I don't try it b/c I don't need to work harder then I already do. I'll gladly ingest my dead animals which many of them I harvest myself (catch most of the fish I eat) and I'll be sure to get all essential aminos at the proper times without worrying about combinations of carbs in hopes I got everything necessary to build my body.

And the "All or nothing" law has nothing to do with dedication to following a diet. It's a term used for protein breakdown/assimilation within the human body. All of the essential aminos must be present or you don't get the desired effect you're hoping for.

Last edited:
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Good argument.

One in 100,000,000 vegans don't look like vegans.

Never mind the juice.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic