Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

start point for contest diet?

M

mklazer20

Sep 26, 2017
Im new to site 32 years old 5'8 208lbs. I have always wanted to compete in a bodybuilding or physique competion and decided i'm not getting any younger so im gonna give it a shot. Hoping to do this by next july when im 33. Thing is I read lots about the dieting and would just like a good base to start with so i can adjust. I also have no clue what my bodyfat is to start guessing my calories. Also wondering when starting how often and long to do cardio for now. Just taking your basic suppliments and no drugs just want to start right and reserve as much of my muscle as possible till I learn to tinker with the calories. Any advice will be helpfull, posted a pick of me lastnigh before bed. I guess it should be so simple but the more i read I doubt everything im thinking. At the very least would be nice to rock a 6 pack never had one but i think i finally got a decent base to begin with. thanks for reading
20170925_202709.jpg

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Whatever you are doing right now to get to there, cut 250 calories from your daily intake preferably from carb sources and see what happens. When that stagnates add cardio 30mins post workout. When that stagnates, do the cardio fasted in the a.m. When that stagnates, cut another 200-250 calories and start the whole process again.

Don't over complicate things or think that anyone is going to provide "their" diet for you. My diet won't work for you anyway. You have to learn your body or pay a coach who will keep close tabs on you.

M

mklazer20

Sep 26, 2017
thanks thats what i was looking for

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I would put on more first. You'll be disappointed how much comes off when you cut. And I am not talking adding weight eating 5 Guys and Papa Johns.

M

mklazer20

Sep 26, 2017
thanks i figure ill look alot smaller just didnt want to go crazy and lose all of it. thanks just let go to long tired of looking like shit.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I would put on more first. You'll be disappointed how much comes off when you cut. And I am not talking adding weight eating 5 Guys and Papa Johns.

What do you estimate his BF to be?...He looks fairly lean to me....Would he have to loose alot to pull abs, bro?...Just asking. not bucking your advice...

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
What do you estimate his BF to be?...He looks fairly lean to me....Would he have to loose alot to pull abs, bro?...Just asking. not bucking your advice...

I'll take a educated guess at no less than 12%, closer to 14%. Let us say he's 10% now and goes to stage condition with the mass he has now. Enough said?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I'll take a educated guess at no less than 12%, closer to 14%. Let us say he's 10% now and goes to stage condition with the mass he has now. Enough said?

Wow!...I must be 25% or more!...Thanks for the post, bro...I gota get this diet thing down....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic