Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is there a supplement you can take to burn fat?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
it's important to note. While we see traps as a few inches at the bottom of your neck and top of trunk... the muscle runs from the top of your head down the middle of your back.
250px-Trapezius_Gray409.PNG

So stretching, heating and massaging of the whole area is needed.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
it's important to note. While we see traps as a few inches at the bottom of your neck and top of trunk... the muscle runs from the top of your head down the middle of your back.

Thank you

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Yep...I was thinking more of the SCM...that is the one(s) that I massage and get the most relief from when I get the tension headaches...They run more on the side of neck...

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I tried on some shirts that now fit me tight. My wife said its because I've gotten wider from chest and shoulders.
Can this be the case considering I've only been lifting for 5 months?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Do you guys recommend a dip station to help with core and chest formation while benching of course or should I get a dip station that also has a pull up bar?
I'm looking right now but not sure which of the two to get if any.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Guys I'm confused. Around 5 months ago I started to lift and did cardio. At the time I weighed around 170 and later I weighed around 163 or so. I kept doing weights but I slowed the cardio down to maybe 2x week from 4x. Now I weigh around 167. Now how can I know if I really lost weight vs gained muscle since the scale is about the same? People say I've lost weight but I'm confused with the scale.
Could I have gained muscle and that's why they see me skinnier?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Guys I'm confused. Around 5 months ago I started to lift and did cardio. At the time I weighed around 170 and later I weighed around 163 or so. I kept doing weights but I slowed the cardio down to maybe 2x week from 4x. Now I weigh around 167. Now how can I know if I really lost weight vs gained muscle since the scale is about the same? People say I've lost weight but I'm confused with the scale.
Could I have gained muscle and that's why they see me skinnier?

Weight is sorta irrelevant.
Go by bf %
And the mirror

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Go by bf %
And the mirror
The mirror to me makes it seem like my shirts are tighter in a good way like I've gained some muscle in the upper areas. Now I'm not too sure on the abdomen.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Go by bf %
And the mirror
I have a scale that gives you BF % but since it's a scale the BF goes down when the weight on the scale goes down. That won't help much if you are building muscle.
What's the best way to measure BF?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I have a scale that gives you BF % but since it's a scale the BF goes down when the weight on the scale goes down. That won't help much if you are building muscle.
What's the best way to measure BF?

most of those scales are bio impedance measurements. All things being equal if the % is going down you are burning fat. It may be off by a few % but if you were 20% on day 1 and 15% on day 45 then it is likely giving you a good idea of what % fat you lost.
Outside of that you can go get a "professional" bio impedance done for like $20.00
you can get ultra sound for around $100-200 - super accurate but very unnecessary
or get a pair of calipers.

those are the most common ways

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
most of those scales are bio impedance measurements. All things being equal if the % is going down you are burning fat. It may be off by a few % but if you were 20% on day 1 and 15% on day 45 then it is likely giving you a good idea of what % fat you lost.
Outside of that you can go get a "professional" bio impedance done for like $20.00
you can get ultra sound for around $100-200 - super accurate but very unnecessary
or get a pair of calipers.

those are the most common ways
How will the scale know if it measures everything the same? If I weigh 165 it will read around 20% fat but if I now weigh 155 it will read less but based on the weight. Are you saying if I lost fat but still weigh the same the bf % on the scale will now be less even weighing the same?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
How will the scale know if it measures everything the same? If I weigh 165 it will read around 20% fat but if I now weigh 155 it will read less but based on the weight. Are you saying if I lost fat but still weigh the same the bf % on the scale will now be less even weighing the same?

This is how those scales work
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioelectrical_impedance_analysis

They may be I accurate, however they're constantly inaccurate meaning you can still use the results on a long scale to track progress.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic