Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Looking to Start Body Building! Can’t Have Any More Kids! Extremely Serious!

A

AtlantaBB

Sep 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My wife had some complications during giving birth to our first child. Needless to say we can’t have any more children. I have always wanted to take body building seriously but I was afraid of affecting my children with the side effects. I no longer have to worry about that.

I am an amateur. I have at time in my life got decently big but nothing special. Worked hard and taken over the counter pro-hormones and a tiny bit of injections. Life has always got in the way including money.

However, all that has come to an end. I have a fantastic job right now, no debt, and sadly to say I do not have to worry about the side effects of injections.

I do not want to be competition big, or compete. I am in my 30’s. I just want to be extremely strong and big. I can dedicate around (2) hours in the gym (5) days a week no problem. Maybe longer.

I want to do this right though. I don’t just want to take product and ware off. I want to build natural strength, work hard, and then add extreme product in the mix. I will be keeping my day job because it pays well and I like it.

So here is what I am looking for.

Personal Trainer in my area. Someone that can train me and take me to another level.

Serious products that work, great source that is safe.

That is it.

Please tell me what everyone thinks. This is not a joke to me. I really want this. I would just like to know the best way to realistically be that great looking hard working big guy in the gym. I know it could take (10) years but you have to start somewhere.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Your post opens up so many questions about every facet of this game, a complete answer will take more than one reply from more than one person. I'll offer just this:

You are in, or near, Atlanta I guess, one of the nation's largest metropolitan areas. Should be many gyms within an hour or less, it will be time well spent finding one with the right equipment, right membership, right "mood," plus the basics of price, contract duration, travel time, business hours, and too few or too many rules. A gym need not be all free weights, but if it is all machines, cardio, and spinning classes, worry about that. It is unlikely any but a very few gyms will have a majority of members who are like you, but if that number is very low compared to kids, seniors, housewives, and people in between who just want to improve their golf game or to get 'tone' or 'buff' it's less than ideal. You don't want a gym that looks like the Hells Angels party there 24/7, but signs that prohibit chalk, grunting, dropping the weights, etc. are cause for concern.

Ask whoever your "tour guide" is about all this at gyms you scout out, maybe ask a few of the members if you can. Go to a bodybuilding (or PL?) contest in your area, ask anyone who'll listen some of these questions. Too many gyms around any major city to see them all, do it like house-hunting, figure out ways to cut through the crap and focus on the likely places in a minimum of time. One or more ideal training partners can be a real plus, but you can be a lone wolf in a gym with just the right vibe and approximate that benefit.

Give it time, that first place may not be the one you'll stay in for 10 yrs, but strive at least for a "compromise gym" that will do for a while, and give you the opportunity to learn if your commitment is really as strong as you think in your post. You might make some contacts for training, diet and supplement advice too.

A

AtlantaBB

Sep 4, 2017
Your post opens up so many questions about every facet of this game, a complete answer will take more than one reply from more than one person. I'll offer just this:

You are in, or near, Atlanta I guess, one of the nation's largest metropolitan areas. Should be many gyms within an hour or less, it will be time well spent finding one with the right equipment, right membership, right "mood," plus the basics of price, contract duration, travel time, business hours, and too few or too many rules. A gym need not be all free weights, but if it is all machines, cardio, and spinning classes, worry about that. It is unlikely any but a very few gyms will have a majority of members who are like you, but if that number is very low compared to kids, seniors, housewives, and people in between who just want to improve their golf game or to get 'tone' or 'buff' it's less than ideal. You don't want a gym that looks like the Hells Angels party there 24/7, but signs that prohibit chalk, grunting, dropping the weights, etc. are cause for concern.

Ask whoever your "tour guide" is about all this at gyms you scout out, maybe ask a few of the members if you can. Go to a bodybuilding (or PL?) contest in your area, ask anyone who'll listen some of these questions. Too many gyms around any major city to see them all, do it like house-hunting, figure out ways to cut through the crap and focus on the likely places in a minimum of time. One or more ideal training partners can be a real plus, but you can be a lone wolf in a gym with just the right vibe and approximate that benefit.

Give it time, that first place may not be the one you'll stay in for 10 yrs, but strive at least for a "compromise gym" that will do for a while, and give you the opportunity to learn if your commitment is really as strong as you think in your post. You might make some contacts for training, diet and supplement advice too.

Man, we need to keep talking. I think we are exactly on the same wave length here. I will start trying to hunt down a gym. Thank you.

This is what I need.

1. Great GYM
2. Professional Partner/Trainer to get me started because I know nothing. I mean I worked out before and got decent results but really nothing.
3. Max out Naturally
4. Then add Product

However, there is so much information and it is so hard. Don't even know where to begin.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Your list of 1 - 4 shows you know more than many who come here new, and all you need to know for quite a while. IMO, you can make great gains by reading here on TID, various other places, watching and listening to the guys you want to emulate in that gym, and asking and listening back here, on TID. I have never wanted to do all it requires to put my best version of me on the stage, and I have never used a personal trainer for the gym or the diet. Probably not the best way to go if you want to really represent, but your goals will determine that (and they may evolve).

Your #1 above is worthy, but don't get too discouraged if the mythical perfect gym is not right there near you. Most of us no matter what age have seen the pics and the story of the original Golds back when Arnold was just a Weider import. Didn't have all the equipment many gyms do today, but it had what was needed, AND everyone who walked in seemed like everyone else's training partner. That ain't gonna happen in real life.

I already hinted at my un-worthy opinion of #2, but that may invite some debate here. Just figure some trainers might be magic, and some might be less than they advertise, certification or not.

Your #3 and 4 are spot on, but max out timeframes might vary between an 18yo and someone in his 30's. The concept is perfect, the specifics are to be determined.

Final hint . . . . when you need a little inspiration now and then, youtube is a treasure chest of the stars training, and sometimes going through their daily food prep; all this for bodybuilders and lifters.

A

AtlantaBB

Sep 4, 2017
Your list of 1 - 4 shows you know more than many who come here new, and all you need to know for quite a while. IMO, you can make great gains by reading here on TID, various other places, watching and listening to the guys you want to emulate in that gym, and asking and listening back here, on TID. I have never wanted to do all it requires to put my best version of me on the stage, and I have never used a personal trainer for the gym or the diet. Probably not the best way to go if you want to really represent, but your goals will determine that (and they may evolve).

Your #1 above is worthy, but don't get too discouraged if the mythical perfect gym is not right there near you. Most of us no matter what age have seen the pics and the story of the original Golds back when Arnold was just a Weider import. Didn't have all the equipment many gyms do today, but it had what was needed, AND everyone who walked in seemed like everyone else's training partner. That ain't gonna happen in real life.

I already hinted at my un-worthy opinion of #2, but that may invite some debate here. Just figure some trainers might be magic, and some might be less than they advertise, certification or not.

Your #3 and 4 are spot on, but max out timeframes might vary between an 18yo and someone in his 30's. The concept is perfect, the specifics are to be determined.

Final hint . . . . when you need a little inspiration now and then, youtube is a treasure chest of the stars training, and sometimes going through their daily food prep; all this for bodybuilders and lifters.

Thanks a lot my man. I will definitely keep you posted. I am starting again tomorrow morning to I hope is a long journey to growing big and strong again or actually for the first time officially, not just a little bigger than average.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
YouTube will do wonders
Just Rem it's not all about size
When it comes to being fit
I'm not a little guy nor a monster
Thou some say at 6 225 and below 10% is big ..ha
Get back to the bread n butter stuff
Thou I hate to say it ...the kinda cross fit stuff

I know a lot of guys that can't do 10 pull ups
Or run a mile
Or even do a real push up

I tend to workout a lot with new recruits --I do a boot camp style workout with them ...get them ready for boot
I find this keeps me in shape a lot more than really being in the gym
Also I own a MMA gym (one of the owners)
I'll take my krav over any iron lifting I've ever done ...it was my bmos for 20yrs in the Corps while bringing in Semperfu from line training
If ur interested in Krav checkout a few of my little brothers vids --u will know it because it's all in Italian

Bring a lot of other things into your training and you will find how to be complete

Iron has a place --heck I love 19" biceps yet still able to kick ass with a few moves

Just my 2cc

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta had plenty of gyms that cater to your needs in finding a solid facility with the right equipment, atmosphere, etc.

Don't forget that BBing Nats is held at Atlanta every couple years so there will be plenty of locals who compete, train, and can help you.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Take an honest assessment of your genetics.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
You will know in the next 3 years if you are dedicated or not. That's really where it's at. It's easy to get excited, but keeping focused when the unexpected happens, is the real deal maker or breaker.

Mrhat

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic