Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Epic Fail this weekend in competition...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
There's a good chance that your injury was caused by a vitamin D deficiency. Sgt Preston

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Wow, sucks man. Just watched the vid. Hope you heal up quick.

A bit of advice on rehab. Begin sooner rather than later. Dont just 'rest' it. Start light stretching now and massage area if you can get to it. Dont want a bunch of blood clots and later scar tissue forming. Had a similar issue with my hamstring. Tore on dirt bike....never rehabbed. Then tore same spot in gym. Sports chiro told me likely re-injured same area. It heals up less flexible and more likely to re-injure.

Chin up. Says a lot that you finished the meet. And quit making excuses about your bench. You get out there and compete and do the best you can. That is a lot more than I can say about most people. Nice job.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The groin suuuuuucks to heal, but hopefully it'll pass quickly for you.

A buddy tore his pretty bad and all the swelling/ bruising went straight to his sack.... in addition to the purple leg he ended up going to the hospital because his balls were as big as and the same color as an eggplant..... they told him to ice it and go home lol.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Originally no bruising so I was hopeful it was just a strain and not a tear. Took until Thursday but now my leg is purple from the groin area down to my knee. So definitely a tear.

Hurts like hell getting up off the toilet. Otherwise not so much now.

Have not been to the gym yet since the comp.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Congrats Ms.Flex, Flex just heal up and kill it next time.. You go it.. Bench went great thou.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You finished and that's impressive. You've got nothing to prove here. We've all seen your vids. Get well soon.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks everyone. Back to the gym yesterday and again today.

Bench was horrible yesterday. Felt so weak. Did Back today and felt a little better. I will do shoulders tomorrow, bench again in my home gym on Sunday then Tuesday I will try to see if I am able to do deadlifts.

Cannot even THINK about doing squats right now.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

Bench was horrible yesterday. Felt so weak. Did Back today and felt a little better. I will do shoulders tomorrow, bench again in my home gym on Sunday then Tuesday I will try to see if I am able to do deadlifts.

Give it a few weeks. When you feel ready to start squatting use a knee wrap to get some compression on your upper leg ( or briefs if you have a loose pair) and squat to a high box. Narrow stance might be easier at first.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010

Glad to hear your back. Take it slow and steady til you're 100% healthy again brother. No rush

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Give it a few weeks. When you feel ready to start squatting use a knee wrap to get some compression on your upper leg ( or briefs if you have a loose pair) and squat to a high box. Narrow stance might be easier at first.

Was able to do deads yesterday without any issues other than mental. Only got up to 4 plates, but no pain. Just gunshy. Good call on the high box squats. Mrs Flex suggested that too and I tried them yesterday. Felt awkward as fuck and hurt my knees (but I forgot my sleeves). I will try again next week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic