Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Kinesiology?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Anyone used this stuff?...It's called KT TAPE/ELASTIC SPORTS TAPE....Suppose to get rid of pain while applied, even while working out...

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
While at physical therapy, I noticed the physical therapists use it a lot. They work on the Penguins, so take that for what it's worth.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
While at physical therapy, I noticed the physical therapists use it a lot. They work on the Penguins, so take that for what it's worth.

Thanks bro!...The few people I've spoke with highly recommend it...I wanted iron bro's that have used it to chime in...We lift hard and heavy here, so, I would rather here from u all...

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It has its uses, but only by trained professionals. My physical therapist used it on my knee and when he was putting it on, I realized how complicated it can be to apply the stuff. Each piece has a very specific way that needs to be put on in order to create "pull" it needs. Anyone else putting it on would be just stupid. It actually worked well too. My patella doesn't track correctly and he put it on me so that it pulled it back in to place.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It has its uses, but only by trained professionals. My physical therapist used it on my knee and when he was putting it on, I realized how complicated it can be to apply the stuff. Each piece has a very specific way that needs to be put on in order to create "pull" it needs. Anyone else putting it on would be just stupid. It actually worked well too. My patella doesn't track correctly and he put it on me so that it pulled it back in to place.

How does it last, shortz?...

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
How does it last, shortz?...

It lasts a few days if you don't mess with it or bang it around. After that, it starts to lose it's strength or starts to snag. If the area is clean and dry when you apply it, it sticks pretty damn good. As for the effects, it's literally just a bandaid until you work out whatever problem you're having. From what I understand, it's simply used to help you get through rehab etc.

Not sure if that answers your question. Again, if it's applied correctly, it can really help you work through injuries or issues, but I see it a lot and wonder how many people are having it applied by someone that really knows what they are doing.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Most of what you see at crossfit, marathons, obstacle races etc is purely decoration and idiots trying to emulate what they've seen elsewhere. As mr shorts said, there is a legit therapy technique. Maybe 15 years ago, my doc at that time was very progressive in trying new therapies and brought in a k tape expert who worked on my back. The idea was to train my wife to apply it. Never worked the same and we gave up.
I find it humorous to see these morons with tape randomly stuck on arms and legs.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thanks guys....I might try it once while at therapist...Doesn't sound like it's gonna work like I hoped it would....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Instead of using KT Tape buy Rock Tape. There is a difference and YES, kenesio tape does work when used correctly and applied correctly. It's not just as simple and cut, apply, and voila. You need to know the actual issue and then how to properly apply the tape. It can be used for structural support, corrective measures, and for putting excess fluid back in lymph nodes.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Instead of using KT Tape buy Rock Tape. There is a difference and YES, kenesio tape does work when used correctly and applied correctly. It's not just as simple and cut, apply, and voila. You need to know the actual issue and then how to properly apply the tape. It can be used for structural support, corrective measures, and for putting excess fluid back in lymph nodes.

I have so many :(.....BI, I have had many operations and quite a few mishaps, I have chronic pain ALL over, the worse being in my lower and middle back...

Again, a do appreciate this feedback and will go with the "Rock" tape instead...Peace!...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There is a book you should also buy if you're going to tape yourself or have someone tape you. It's called Clinical Applications of Kenesio Taping Method. It's the same book that PT's use and learn from. Not exactly a page turner but it will help you in your endeavors.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
There's just no way you are going to be able to tape your back yourself.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic