Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

GH Pre-workout?

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I've always heard HGH protocols saying to take it in the morning and/or before bed, but why not before training? I know guys that swear by pinning their GH pre-workout, but don't see anyone here talking about that. I guess what I'm asking is, if GH only lasts 3 hours then why not pin it 3-4 times throughout the day? That's the mentality of the "bros" I know that do this.
Any opinions?

Last edited:
Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
GH lasts like 8 or 12 hrs in the body as i understand. So the logic at taking it in the PM is to boost through the night. IMO this is dumb as it will stop your body from releasing while you sleep effectively giving you less GH per 24 hr's. For me I like first thing AM logic as thats the longest your body would go without releasing naturally is once you wake up.

I imagine people like to do it before weights because of the added pump. You could in theory do 1/2 dose in the AM and the other 1/2 before training. Or fuck it do it all before training people get great results AM and PM sp i doubt your way would take anything away.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah it never made sense to me to take it before bed since your body produces natural GH while you sleep. I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this theory or if it's just my bro-science buddies being typical meatheads

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
It only make sense when running GH with slin preWO.

In my rarely humble opinion.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
I would take it around the workout time just in case you're using insulin with it. Otherwise, just pin twice a day, 12 hours apart.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
FWIW: I have pinned 2-4 iu's GH immediately after I train (as in before I walk out the door) and then 45-60 minutes later consumed 1/2c raisins and 35g of whey. After about a week I started getting insane pumps (evidence of the IGF-1 Tail?).

I am about to cycle off GH/ Slin PreWO and return to the above protocol.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
There are so many different theories on when to pin GH. All of the anecdotal evidence I have seen points to just getting it in you and it will work if its good. As far as pinning it before bed, yes that works as well. Do you really think that your body magically secretes endogenous GH while you sleep if you have been pinning exogenous GH everyday for months? Highly doubtful.

The best results for body composition seem to be 2-3ius injected multiple times per day. For size, I would argue that Milos Sarcev's method of using gh and slin preworkout is best. His methods are based around using a large bolus of GH 30 minutes before a workout, and a large bolus of fast acting slin immediately pre workout while drinking multiple shakes starting before, during, and after training.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
50mcg's IGF-1 LR3 one hour out from training, 2iu's GH 15 minutes out and the pump was amazing.

20g of PeptoPro & 30g grams dextrose post workout.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I am 7 training sessions into GH pre-workout. "the pump" comes for me about 1hr post IM injection. I like this protocol. Being two hours out from my last meal, pinning GH and then hitting the iron provides a nice long 'fasted' window and also being able to take a meal immediately after I lift.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I take mine preworkout on training days and bedtime for non training days.

Bedtime since while we are sleeping, we do our most healing and growing. To me, the trade off for a tiny spike (natural) as opposed to a large spike (inject) during this time is a good trade losing the natural spike.

This is why I do it preworkout on training days-

That's John Meadows doing the interview.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
Mid 50's and beyond makes sense to pin before bed. Not much GH is being released anyway.

PreWO is working very well. Training double split: 2ius each session and another 2 with ZMA about 1 am when I get up to pee. OFF lifting days bedtime 2 ius with ZMA.

D

Drumsticks

Nov 23, 2017
It makes perfect sense to me to pin 3-4 times a day if you are taking a large enough dose to do this...... more than 4 IU's/day. I would love to hear about anyone's experience that has tried it. Because otherwise your spikes are too small.... on paper anyways. I personally never pin at night, but personally know one guy that swears by it. I try to pin around a low gh time which is supposedly mid afternoon. I cannot do the morning thing because that is when I work out and there' no way I can workout heavy on an empty stomach. Hell no! So as soon as I pin I am eating a high carb meal..... always heard not a good thing so I don' do it. For the last 2 weeks I have been pinning directly before cardio, which I do in the evening but 3-4 hours before bed. I have noticed more weight loss in just 2 weeks from directly before cardio. I have really bounced around pin times all over the place, but really have to agree with some of the previous guys that have answered..... it seems to me that what is important is just getting it in you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic