Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

International 'Steroid King' shot dead in Cape Town home in possible hit

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Cape Town - A convicted steroid smuggler, at one stage on Interpol's wanted list and previously found guilty in Ireland for selling illicit steroids worldwide under the name Axio Labs, has been shot dead in his Constantia home.

News24 understands two men got into Brian Wainstein's house shortly before 01:00 on Friday and went into his bedroom where they shot him several times. He was in bed alongside his young child and wife, but they were not wounded.

It is believed that the gunmen took three cellphones before leaving the house.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut on Friday confirmed a man, 45, was killed in his Constantia home.

"The motive for the murder is yet to be determined and no one has been arrested as yet," he said.

Sources with knowledge of what happened say it appears Wainstein, also known as the "steroid king", was the target of a hit.

Several murders and shootings have recently played out in Cape Town as an underworld battle over the nightclub security industry and illicit drug trade has intensified.

News24 spotted Wainstein at a popular Cape Town eatery late in 2016. He had been seen with some figures with links to underworld activities.

Wainstein, who also went by several aliases including Brian Benjamin, was arrested in Cape Town in 2013.

He reportedly had South African and Israeli citizenship.

Wanted

An August 2014 court document on the matter said the US government wanted him extradited on various criminal charges relating to "the illegal importation and marketing of various drugs, including anabolic steroids, in the United States".

It was not immediately clear what had become of this matter.

Weinstein was at one stage on Interpol's wanted list. He was wanted in Cyprus for drug-related crimes.

He however no longer appears to be on it.

Weinstein also reportedly worked via Canada, shipping steroids there from China.

Convicted

In 2007 The Irish Times reported that Weinstein was jailed for an effective four months for illegally selling body building steroids around the world from a south Dublin address.

It said Wainstein "received orders for the banned drugs by e-mail from customers all over the world, including the US".

The Irish Times said Wainstein, who used the name "Barry Benjamin" in e-mails, had pleaded guilty in the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to nine charges relating to the possession, sale and distribution of the substances.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...ad-in-cape-town-home-in-possible-hit-20170818

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I think axio owned 8 forums a few years back.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I think axio owned 8 forums a few years back.

There was a lab, with its own forum, named genxl. There was either a copycat, or the original resurfacing later called regenxl (or were they xxl's?). Either of those part of the 8 you're thinking of?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Wow. Thought he was in jail.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
There was a lab, with its own forum, named genxl. There was either a copycat, or the original resurfacing later called regenxl (or were they xxl's?). Either of those part of the 8 you're thinking of?

Genxl was axio. They had meathedz, chemical soldier, chemicalmass, xtreme and many others.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Genxl was axio. They had meathedz, chemical soldier, chemicalmass, xtreme and many others.

Yep, that's correct. I was quite active on Chemical Soldier in the old days, and once Axio bought it, all my peeps bailed, as did I. Marx told me about TID, and I've been here ever since.

Sounds like Brian got mixed up with the "big boys" and crossed somebody. Not a world I wish to have anything to do with. Thank God they didn't kill his kid just to be cruel. At least the guy arranging the hit had some type of street honor.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yep, that's correct. I was quite active on Chemical Soldier in the old days, and once Axio bought it, all my peeps bailed, as did I. Marx told me about TID, and I've been here ever since.

Sounds like Brian got mixed up with the "big boys" and crossed somebody. Not a world I wish to have anything to do with. Thank God they didn't kill his kid just to be cruel. At least the guy arranging the hit had some type of street honor.
yep left town

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Good God, chemical soldier, like my second board. I used axio long ago, then I think they got popped, somehow came back but at that point I think they are overrun by fakes. I think they had a website where you could check your batch against their system.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Money is great, but there is nothing that beats being free in mind and body. This guy lived looking over his shoulder.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Holy shit. Did not expect to hear those names again.

If I recall there was some speculation that LE had control of the servers their boards were on.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Holy shit. Did not expect to hear those names again.

If I recall there was some speculation that LE had control of the servers their boards were on.

I haven't heard that name is in very long time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic