Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

For you facebox users - I have a newb question

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
If you are a friend. Whenever they share a pic or link does it automatically send me a "your friend shared a pic/link" with you or is it by choice.
I get it randomly from them so I was wondering if it was sent personally especially since I don't get one for every post.
Just curious if they're trying to get my attention or if it was automatic.

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
So none of y'all know Facebook? OK I don't feel so bad.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
it will normally just show up in your feed somewhere. You can turn on friend specific notifications if you have like a person you want to keep tabs on. Once you comment on it you will get notifications about that specific post, IE who else comments and such. Simply liking it will not cause that.

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
it will normally just show up in your feed somewhere. You can turn on friend specific notifications if you have like a person you want to keep tabs on. Once you comment on it you will get notifications about that specific post, IE who else comments and such. Simply liking it will not cause that.

Thanks guy I guess what I wanted to know is if I automatically get those "your friend shared a new pic" via an IM, or if that is something that is sent or pushed by them selectively? If it were automatic then I would get one for every new post right? But I only get a message on occasion and when I do check out her pics there were a few that I did not see or get notified.
So just trying to figure out if she's subtly getting my attention or if it's a random automatic invite to see a new pic.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You probably have notifications set for her. Unless she is tagging you (it will tell you "so and so tagged you in a post") she isn't singling you out.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
You probably have notifications set for her. Unless she is tagging you (it will tell you "so and so tagged you in a post") she isn't singling you out.

I think he is accurate. Settings for the people that it's happening on.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic