Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Massage therapy

Joker13

Joker13

Jul 24, 2017
So just curious if anybody else is on a regular massage therapy routine, For years I've had issues with my shoulders, so I thought I'd try something new .
Have a massage therapist that comes over to the house one day a week, for a 90 minute massage, and she has focused on problem areas .

I must say it has worked wonders, going on about a good 2 1/2 to 3 months now weekly, ..... my range of motion has increased incredibly, no more pain in my shoulders ....thoughts?…

Joker13

Joker13

Jul 24, 2017
Are there other massage techniques included?
Yes, I should have elaborated a little bit on it, for the most part these are not… You're day at a spa type of massages
It has involved some very deep pressure, at the shoulders and surrounding muscle groups ... and also has involved some intense stretching of my arms for my shoulders .... some of it may have been her breaking up some scar tissue

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Yes, I should have elaborated a little bit on it, for the most part these are not… You're day at a spa type of massages
It has involved some very deep pressure, at the shoulders and surrounding muscle groups ... and also has involved some intense stretching of my arms for my shoulders .... some of it may have been her breaking up some scar tissue

Shouldve been a little clearer. I meant do you get the tug after the rub?

Joker13

Joker13

Jul 24, 2017
..... naw.... although she's hot... pretty sure she's legit... and I don't wanna risk losing her by asking / hinting at it

I got 2 places I go to get " that" type massage and more than just a tug

Reactions: 5.0
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Can work wonders but requires frequent treatment and can be expensive. Learning to do most of this stuff with a lacrosse ball can save you a lot of money.

Get into body tempering if you want to save money and time!

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017

They aren't in our neck of the woods where those things open and close daily LOL. staple of life around here, that and super seedy motels.

I try to go once ever 6 weeks or so for a massage. Always if I have been Pining because of scar tissue.
I have also found Salt Floats to be equally beneficial for my muscles and sanity. Not to mention they are priced at around half of a massage. I highly recommend giving one a whirl sometime. If I were a rich man I would go massage every 4 weeks , float every 4 with 2 weeks spaces between one or the other. Alas I am not so flush with $$

Joker13

Joker13

Jul 24, 2017
I try to go once ever 6 weeks or so for a massage. Always if I have been Pining because of scar tissue.
I have also found Salt Floats to be equally beneficial for my muscles and sanity. Not to mention they are priced at around half of a massage. I highly recommend giving one a whirl sometime. If I were a rich man I would go massage every 4 weeks , float every 4 with 2 weeks spaces between one or the other. Alas I am not so flush with $$

Never heard of salt floats... I'll check it out, my girls no really pricey... considering she comes to the house and brings in her table $65 for 90 min.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
What about fascia stretching/messaging?....Anyone recommend/do it?....

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I dunno, is that like a 4 hands massage?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic