Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Elevated creatine

S

sec0107

TID Lady Member
Dec 28, 2012
I've been doing very light cycle 10mg Var for 6 weeks, my creatine levels are high.... would the Var cause that?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
No but exercise, supplemental creatine and increased protein intake can. Up your water intake if you're overly concerned...but this is par for the course with strenuous activity.

S

sec0107

TID Lady Member
Dec 28, 2012
No but exercise, supplemental creatine and increased protein intake can. Up your water intake if you're overly concerned...but this is par for the course with strenuous activity.

Thanks for the feedback......I didn't think it would be the Var and I've done many cycles without this issue. Problem is I am on daily medication for migraines and the system will not accept any prescriptions because I'm flag as technically being in renal failure. I'll just keep drinking heaps, I also added in OSMO and of course stopped the cycle.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
My creatinine levels always test borderline high since I started lifting years ago. My doc knows my hobby and has never brought it up. If I asked him I can only guess what he would tell me his default "get more cardio, lose 10 pounds, drink more water". I give him the raised eyebrow on the weight thing... then remember its a canned response.

There's an article on T-Nation titled something like "how lifters should read their blood test report".

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
"for the feedback......I didn't think it would be the Var and I've done many cycles without this issue. Problem is I am on daily medication for migraines and the system will not accept any prescriptions because I'm flag as technically being in renal failure. I'll just keep drinking heaps, I also added in OSMO and of course stopped the cycle.

This has happened to me so often I stopped counting.
Have you actually been to a nephrologist for follow up tests on your renal "issues"???
The reason I ask is because, after several bad "creatinine and ERFG" numbers through my regular PCP bloodword, he eventually sent me to a nephrologist who did more thorough testing and determined everything was actually fine.
I may be worth doing something like this so your prescription issues can get resolved...

S

sec0107

TID Lady Member
Dec 28, 2012
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.....and, Sarge I will request that referral if after the tests today come back above normal and I can't get my other prescription.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Note: It's actually called eFGR (not ERGF) like I wrote...:(...

But, anyway...it's been awhile, but if I recall correctly, the only thing the nephrologist had me do was some follow-up bloodwork, and a 24hour urine test. (Had to pee in a large plastic bottle for 24hrs and then drop the bottle off at a lab.)
My number went from high 40's to low 60's doing those tests...

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Everyone lifting, eating excessive amount of protein will test poorly for renal function. Drinking plenty of water helps. Ultimately, bbers eat more protein than needed. Highly doubt any anavar will affect kidney function

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
If you are a serious lifter you can expect creatine, BUN, and ALT/AST to be higher. Doesn't mean ignore them but keep things in perspective.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
No training at all and plenty of water for 3 days before a blood test to get accurate creatinine levels.
the tissue breakdown will make the reading a false high

S

sec0107

TID Lady Member
Dec 28, 2012
Redid labs Wed waiting for results....i don't feel like there is problem, so I'm sure as suggested it's just from training and diet. Last 12 weeks doing y3t so pushing hard. I'll back off bit while getting these labs worked out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic