Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I haven't had sushi in a minute but it's funny you mention that - I'm eating some at my sister-in-law's tonight.
Getting my oldest kid an orientation early this morning so she can use the gym equipment as long as I'm beside her. This should lessen the guilt accompanying my workouts. Little man gets to play games on his tablet within eyesight instead of coloring shit in the kids' watch next to babies. Small changes here and there to make this more palatable for all...
Hope you ate all of it, lmao! That's great news to hear what you're doing with the kids, you're setting up for success not failure :)

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
July 21, 2017

Cardio: 20 minutes

Flat Bench
135 x 10,12,10

Incline Bench
95 x 10,12,12

Machine Chest Press
x 12 x 3, negative dropset

Machine Shrugs
x 12 x 3

Machine Shoulder Raises
Dropset x 12 x 3

Cardio: 10 minutes
311 lbs

Jumped around all the cardio machines with my ten year old and got a bit of time in on bench. Focused on slow descent, breaking at elbows to give the shoulders some support and exploding up with everything tight. Hoping to dial in form more and more daily. It's nice to be in there with shorty - she's really excited to keep going because it'll help her swimming. Maybe year-round is in her future... that shit would be crazy! She's 5' and 103lbs... gonna be a big woman.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
July 22, 2017

Various pulldown/row machines
15 sets of 12

EZ Bar Curls
40 x 12 x 3

DB Curls
12 x 12 x 3

Cardio: 15 minutes

311 lbs.

Today was cool because I focused on the contraction of the back without using much arm or shoulder. Great pump which had me walking wide, plus I was able to show my daughter how to use all the pull/row machines in the gym. Used super light weight and showed her the proper range of motion for all the lifts. I could see her little rear delts squirming and popping as she pulled - even got her on the assisted pullup machine. Now she's hooked! Even though I'm not in there lifting crazy heavy and giving it my eye-reddening all, I'm still bonding with my baby girl and burning some calories. This is getting fun.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
July 23, 2017

Leg Stretching: 15 minutes

Box squats x 12 x 3
Lunges x 10 x 3
Leg Curls x 12 x 3
Leg Extensions x 12 x 3
Leg Press x 12 x 3

Planks 3 sets up to 45 seconds

Cardio: 15 minutes

Sunday was used to focus on strengthening the core and seeing what my little one's leg strength looked like. Turns out all the lunges and simple box squats made my ass stupid sore! She hasn't gotten sore from any of the lifting days... pretty impressive. Then she goes to a year-round swimming club and practices with them for 90 minutes straight, kept up with them the whole time and LOVED it. Looks like we might become a swim family...

Edit: My seven year old also joined the practice and really enjoyed it. He's looking to beat some league records this year... little punk rock fish and shit!

Reactions: 5.0
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Straight hypertrophy and steady state cardio, nothing fancy. What up?!

You see me outside of this site, so you already know, lol. Thankfully I can vicariously live through the die-hards that can't put the iron down. I'm thankful for having enough time to maintain for now.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You see me outside of this site, so you already know, lol. Thankfully I can vicariously live through the die-hards that can't put the iron down. I'm thankful for having enough time to maintain for now.
I've been maintaining by overeating. That counts, right? Can't lose muscle in caloric abundance?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
July 26, 20217

Seated DB OHP
30 x 12 x 4

DB Side Raises
10 x 12 x 4

Incline DB Bench
45 x 12 x 3

Cable Front Raises
x 12 x 3

Rear Delt DB Raises
x 12 x 3

Seated Cable Shrugs
105 x 12 x 3

Reverse Pec Deck Flies
x 12 x 3

310.6 lbs

Daughter was too tired to come in so I busted out some shoulders and bounced within an hour. Felt good, broke a tremendous sweat.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
July 27, 2017

Assisted Wide Grip Pull-ups x 12 x 3
Assisted Neutral Grip Pull-ups x 12,10,8
Machine Pulldowns x 12 x 3
Hammer Strength Iso-Rows x 12 x 3
Iso-Row Machine x 12 x 3

310.1 lbs

Hit back right after the kids' swim practice and my oldest was tired after all the pull-ups. I knocked out a few more sets and bounced - in and out in under an hour. Walked the dog for a few miles when we got home from shopping. Easy. Summer League Championships on Saturday, no lifting til Sunday - maybe arms tomorrow. Probably hit up Redskins training camp with my son since it's not too far from the house. I'll be wearing my NYG hat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic