GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Hey Guys!
Been a while ........
My test levels are :
Total test :574
Free test :69

I'm hurting at this level with all the symptoms of low test!
No sex drive---really could give a shit!
Abdominal fat
Muscle loss
Erectile dysfunction
No motivation
Tired
Moody

I had this test like 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from my eurologist yet,Guessing he is gonna say your in the normal ranges.

However that is totally dependent on which formula ranges are used....
At my age naturally my total test should be 600+ And my free test should be 90.

So what are your thoughts?

O

Onetime42

Feb 9, 2013
I think you need to hunt down an endocrinologist and say bye bye to your eurologist. They are notorious for turning down men for trt. I have several friends that had this happen and once they found an endo that knows what they're doing they've been fine ever since. 2 of my friends were told by their eurologists that being near 400 is acceptable and they just need to rely on ED meds and try adjusting their diet. Once they went on trt everything was bacj to normal.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hey Guys!
Been a while ........
My test levels are :
Total test :574
Free test :69

I'm hurting at this level with all the symptoms of low test!
No sex drive---really could give a shit!
Abdominal fat
Muscle loss
Erectile dysfunction
No motivation
Tired
Moody

I had this test like 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from my eurologist yet,Guessing he is gonna say your in the normal ranges.

However that is totally dependent on which formula ranges are used....
At my age naturally my total test should be 600+ And my free test should be 90.

So what are your thoughts?

It is my opinion that I would not immediately jump on TRT. First off, 574 is not bad. But you really dont know as nature is a bell curve. There are guys that feel and function great at 400...and some at 1000. Also remember the guy at 1000 wont necessarily be bigger or stronger than the guy at 400. It is all about our bodies own range for proper function.

Also lifestyle (rest, stress, diet) will have a large impact upon levels. One test is also not enough. We go up and down all the time

People also forget that the symptoms of low test are almost identical to low thyroid.

If you are looking for an easy fix and are ready to commit to a lifetime of treatment, then go for TRT. But there are other things that suffer that are had to quantify. SHINE talked a lot about these. There are other hormones that shut down after going on TRT that are affected by HTPA. Pregnenolone is one of them. It is not just...I take a shot an all is better.

All said, I went on TRT as it was the best thing for me. A head injury damaged my pitutary and I was hypo thyroid and had test levels BELOW the bottom of the scale. I had no idea. It took me almost 3 years to figure it out. I never would have guess it. I had gotten back in the best shape of my life. At 5'9 195 I was about 13%bf with almost a 1500lb total. I had no sex issues. I had full abs (after 2 years of strict dieting). My issue was constant fatigue. I could sleep for 14 hours and 3 hours into the day I was falling asleep again. I never noticed, but I also lost about 80% of my leg hair. (like old men get). When I finally put 2 and 2 together it all made sense.

So my advice is your levels are not really "bad". There could be other issues causing your symptoms.
But take the path that you feel will be the best for you. That said, TRT is no magic shot. It wont give you 12 hr hard-on's nor will you belly fat melt away. BUT if you are deficient, it can get you back to 'normal'. Which is an awesome thing if you spent time being hypo and forgot what it is like to be there.

Good luck.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Thanx guys for your imput....... Something is definitely off so far bp is good ldl/hdl good just don't feel good

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not sure if a doctor will put you on TRT with those numbers. I was told I was normal at 270 lvl and not allowed to go on TRT by Kaiser.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Anti aging clinic is another option.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I'm not sure if a doctor will put you on TRT with those numbers. I was told I was normal at 270 lvl and not allowed to go on TRT by Kaiser.

My experience with BCBS was my total test had to be below 240 or free test below 4 ( I think).

But my doc who is my gp for 15 years was willing to write the script regardless of what my levels were based upon symptoms and the progression I had taken the the TBI. Luckily my free test (which had to be by equilibrium dialysis ) was below the bottom of the scale so my ins covered it. BUT....dont let insurance stop you. At wallgreens, with a GoodRx coupon 10 weeks (200mg/week) is only $45. It works out cheaper than using my insurance so I dont even worry about the prior approval which has to be done every years when the policy renews.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
You guys are lucky. My total test was 169. After 3 months of testing, GP sent me to an endo. Wanted me to get tested for free test. Just turned 50 and range lowered so I was at the bare minimum. A big negative on TRT, however did not offer any solution to my symptoms. I guess they are afraid of testosterone.
Kaiser also.

STEAK HELMET

STEAK HELMET

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
The TRT doc here will keep you at 1200.

The other says no higher than 800.

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
What was the tests guide lines? 1-900, 100-1100, 200-1200? Each lab can be different.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic