Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Any Ideas?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
So summer came around and I decided to go back to my roots of baseball. I got an opportunity to play this summer. I played college baseball and played semi pro until life got in the way. Now, an opportunity has presented itself where I can play again. Problem is, I got reminded real quick like that it's been a while since I played. First game, I tweaked my hamstring. I've nursed it back, but I definitely would entertain any advice or ideas on in season and off season training.

I will still probably go back to my powerlifting when the season ends, but there is a possibility of not only a summer season, but a fall season as well. After that, I would likely go back heavier training. ROM motion has been a bit of an issue as well. My upper body hasn't been so terrible, but my lower half needs work. Any advice?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Brotheriron and POB could probably provide a lot of help here. Really glad to hear you are getting to play again man. I would to get back on that diamond as well. Nothing like it. Just keep at it and stretching out man.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Brotheriron and POB could probably provide a lot of help here. Really glad to hear you are getting to play again man. I would to get back on that diamond as well. Nothing like it. Just keep at it and stretching out man.

The wheels finally feel "less hobbled" today. Man, after that first game, I was beat up. I laughed because I never thought baseball would cripple me like football or grappling. I know I need to work on conditioning. I always lifted through the season before and while it was less weight and a different philosophy, it never affected me.

Although, I do recall having a few issues with my hamstrings and once with a quad issue. Part of that I'm sure is getting old and not stretching. I'm not 18 any more.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Several people have encouraged me to use those foam rollers and do a stretching program with them. I see many people use these in conjunction with their hamstrings. I don't have a program in mind, but I bet you could find some good ones on the web via Youtube or something like that.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Several people have encouraged me to use those foam rollers and do a stretching program with them. I see many people use these in conjunction with their hamstrings. I don't have a program in mind, but I bet you could find some good ones on the web via Youtube or something like that.
Good call, Tommy. I will do some research and foam rollers do wonders. I prob need to dust mine off and pull it out of the corner. I have good luck with back and lower extremities with the foam roller but I don't get much for the upper body with it, but a lacrosse ball does wonders.

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
Can I have her as a workout partner?
What happened with Lymbo?
You guys always offended me when I mentioned her.
But from my point of view it's a great thing to go on without any personal trainer. That's a view for my own life and nobody else.

And especially this one youtube channel trainer - hum?!
No info how to contact her to have a advised training,
might be not really her work to be a personal fitness trainer
Or she puts more effort into this amazon advert business she writes
I don't know, I was just checking for this cable exercise for the leg.

Hamstring - new vocabulary for my now to remember

Dirt-e-Ballz

Dirt-e-Ballz

May 15, 2017
So summer came around and I decided to go back to my roots of baseball. I got an opportunity to play this summer. I played college baseball and played semi pro until life got in the way. Now, an opportunity has presented itself where I can play again. Problem is, I got reminded real quick like that it's been a while since I played. First game, I tweaked my hamstring. I've nursed it back, but I definitely would entertain any advice or ideas on in season and off season training.

I will still probably go back to my powerlifting when the season ends, but there is a possibility of not only a summer season, but a fall season as well. After that, I would likely go back heavier training. ROM motion has been a bit of an issue as well. My upper body hasn't been so terrible, but my lower half needs work. Any advice?
I got back into playing hardball at 42 yrs old last year and sprained my hammy, then my quad, when those healed i tore my calf muscle sprinting out of the batters box. My advice would be to play at as light a weight as possible your legs will thank you. I would slowly start incorporating sprints and other explosive movements with the lower body. This will get the muscle memory back and make the torque on the lower half more bearable. Make sure the blood is flowing before you do anything don't even stretch cold. I wear 7mm power lifting knee pads during the games.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I got back into playing hardball at 42 yrs old last year and sprained my hammy, then my quad, when those healed i tore my calf muscle sprinting out of the batters box. My advice would be to play at as light a weight as possible your legs will thank you. I would slowly start incorporating sprints and other explosive movements with the lower body. This will get the muscle memory back and make the torque on the lower half more bearable. Make sure the blood is flowing before you do anything don't even stretch cold. I wear 7mm power lifting knee pads during the games.

Brother, that is exactly how it happened. Right out of the box! Tweaked the hammy and also felt the pull in the quad. I agree with the weight loss. At 275, I'm definitely too heavy. So far, it's been just cleaning up the diet and I've dropped 5 lbs so far. The key is to keep losing and get under 250 for sure. On a side note, I actually thought about my knee sleeves. LOL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic