Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Mayweather vs. McGregor August 26th

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
i started doing some boxing training a while back, but then my neurosurgeon said to never do it again after my accident. so i never really got to a point where i knew how to do anything.

anyway, i have no interest in this fight whatsoever. i think it's almost as ludicrous as if they were doing an MMA fight. floyd will win this. people will be disappointed because the average MMA fan doesn't have enough technical knowledge of boxing to understand a technical fight. just like they were bored with the Pacquiao fight. everybody wants to see a war and a lot of blood. that's probably not going to happen.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Depends how you define PEDs. Floyd has brittle hands. He takes shots for that. Jerry Jones down in Texas has been making a serious run on getting big fights that normally occur in Vegas to come to the Cowboys' stadium, and he's landed a few. Floyd will not go. Texas tests for whatever he uses for his hands, Nevada does not. He is also known to have employed IV's at least once to manage his bodyweight between the weigh-in and the fight 24 hrs later. Might not be a drug, but it is not exactly a natty approach to things, he is not Snow White in the performance enhancing opportunity dept.

Agreed, besides god given talents, his work ethic IS way beyond what most boxers and other athletes do.

I remember when people originally started making a big deal about this...I'm on the fence...I don't agree with how he got away with the notification process of IV injections, but I guess it pays to have friends in high places, and just like any other sport, the bigger the star, the bigger the broom...but...until he comes back dirty from testing after a fight, not much can be said about it.

So as far as I can see the situation is this:

1) Lidocaine isn’t a banned substance on the WADA or USDA lists and isn’t specifically banned by NSAC.
2) Despite that, NSAC do not allow its use on fight night or in the immediate buildup to a fight.
3) While Floyd and his camp have tacitly admitted to using Lidocaine, this has only been during the training for bouts rather than during for bouts themselves. This is in contrast to Honeyghan and Oscar who appeared to use it during the bouts themselves.
4) Lidocaine has been tested for in Nevada, at least after Mayweather/Hatton, and Mayweather came back clean.

Now the story that goes round the internet is that Mayweather is using this mysterious lidocaine substance and that Nevada has some special rules that allow him to do so while every other state doesn’t and views it as illegal. The simple issue here is that there’s no evidence of this (and the articles that say that are incredibly… and I suggest deliberately… vague about it). I can see no evidence that any… let alone a majority… of other states ban the use of Lidocaine in all circumstances and there’s remarkably little evidence that they even ban it in the week leading up to a bout like Nevada do; if anything, Nevada appears to be one of the harsher states when it comes to the regulation of lidocaine.

^^^*copy and paste* - the best information I could find about this subject.

Dirt-e-Ballz

Dirt-e-Ballz

May 15, 2017
i started doing some boxing training a while back, but then my neurosurgeon said to never do it again after my accident. so i never really got to a point where i knew how to do anything.

anyway, i have no interest in this fight whatsoever. i think it's almost as ludicrous as if they were doing an MMA fight. floyd will win this. people will be disappointed because the average MMA fan doesn't have enough technical knowledge of boxing to understand a technical fight. just like they were bored with the Pacquiao fight. everybody wants to see a war and a lot of blood. that's probably not going to happen.
For once I'm in agreement with you HGH boxing is the "sweet science " and you could argue that no man has done it as good for as long as Money. This man has made Hall of Fame boxers look like amateurs and I cannot think of one boxer that has done that which such ease in the history of boxing. Its a carnival act

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
I'm going with 4 just so the people think they get their money's worth

Just for fun, and because I would rather lose hoping for Floyd to get KOed, than go with any regard for reason. I'm going with McGregor, in the 3rd by OK over Mayweather.

Mrhat

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Maybe a Mrhat vs Yomo exhibition fight?:p

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Just for fun, and because I would rather lose hoping for Floyd to get KOed, than go with any regard for reason. I'm going with McGregor, in the 3rd by OK over Mayweather.

Mrhat

Oh I'll take that action.
whats the stakes? Gear? $$? Nudes?
eh, who am I kidding I'll send you the nudes no matter what.

Dirt-e-Ballz

Dirt-e-Ballz

May 15, 2017

Mrhat
:eek:

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Mayweather is gonna tire him out. Unless Macgregor is ready to go 12 rounds. He is gonna look for an early knock out and that is his only chance but Mayweather is a very elusive fighter and good counter puncher.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
MMA rounds 5 minutes (max 5 rounds)
Boxing rounds 3 minutes (max 12 rounds)

Severe advantage to Mayweather

How often have we watched many MMA fighters get gassed in the 3rd round and higher.....MMA fighters hope to get the win in the first round, thus they use up most of their energy. Fighters on the other hand have a different mindset, they reserve their energy for the later rounds...Sprint versus Marathon.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic