Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What's up all! New member with 2nd cycle questions. All advice encouraged.

G

GetBig007

Jun 19, 2017
What's up everyone, stoked to be apart of this group. I've been learning so much over the past few days I thought I'd finally say hello and also get some solid advice during my ventures.
tongue.png
I will leave some info about myself and questions below. Thanks to all who contribute! \m/

Profile:

Male
35 Years Old
160 lbs
13% Body Fat

Will be starting 2nd Cycle: 10 Week Cycle

Test Ethanate 200mg per wk
Deca Durablin 200 mg per wk

It's been years since my 1st Cycle so Im basically starting over. Currently, I am 4 weeks into a 8 weeks Mass Diet and Lifting Program as I want to gain weight/muscle mass. My diet is pretty good and consuming around 2800-3000 calories a day doing a 40/40/20 ratio with nutrients, protein/carbs/fat. I take a multivitamin, creatine, aminos, bcaa's, whey protein, pre workout/pump and glucosamine chrondrate. All known brands mostly from GNC or Jay Cutler recommended. (He's one of my favorites! Don't hate lol)

My goal when using this cycle is to "bulk" but "somehow" shred the ab section which I work hard on now. I know this isn't the easiest or if at all possible to gain and shred. I will start with my questions below. Please help. lol. Thank you all.

Questions:

Should I do my entire cycle at 200mg per week or should I do the first and last week at 100mg to work in and then lean off? (This would of course allow me to have a little extra to put in the middle/peak weeks)

Even though I do want to gain weight, my "main" goal is to shred the ab section. Do you suggest I add Anavar or Winny to this? If so, please advise.

I have never done PCT and got lucky my first cycle. I obviously want to be more careful this time around. Looking for advice on this big time!

What are the essentials actually needed for this small of a cycle? I've read the article "the perfect pct" but I feel all that is a bit much for what I'm doing right now. Am I mistaken?

I have been researching serms / test boosters for PCT. Especially via this forum. Does anyone have experience taking serms between cycles?

Anyone used or heard of Phytoserms by Ruthless Supplements? Does anyone recommend trying or not using this between cycles? Not trying to sell this by any means. Was turned onto this from another forum and was curious if anyone suggests taking something like this for PCT or between cycles?

What would you say is the "old school" or "basic" PCT for beginners?

I know I asked a ton so if you can only answer some that is still very helpful. Im stoked to contribute as much as I can also and plan on being a member for years to come. Feel free and drop me a line anytime. Thank you all again.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
Great to have you, keep reading, you will like it here.

Mrhat

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome aboard and up your test, 200mg/wk is more of a trt dose. Ask questions and LISTEN!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Welcome to TID. You did a nice job communicating your present condition and goals.

Test/Deca is a great anabolic combo to gain mass. While you can cut with any steroid, some do a better job in that you have less water retention, etc. Your dual goal of gaining mass and shredding is a bit of a challenge. You can certainly put on some lean mass without adding a bunch of fat, but you may want to go 12 weeks with a focus on mass, and then another 6 weeks with a focus on cutting some body fat.

Test/Deca at 200/200 is quite a low dose. I respond well to low doses, and could probably do OK on that, but you'll probably need to up the dose a bit in order to gain a solid 10 pounds of lean mass. I'd consider something like 500/300, or 500/400. Further, since this is just your second cycle, you may want to hold off on the Deca, and just stick with test at 300-400/week. You could start out with an oral for 4 weeks to give you a nice little jump start. Anavar is good, but with your goal of wanting to gain some lean mass, you may want to consider tbol at 40mg/day for the first 4 weeks. Tbol is not as strong as dbol, but you hold less water, and gives you a good strength boost.

I'm on TRT, so I'm not a good source for PCT advice, but you're smart to ask for it, as you want to keep as much of your gains as possible.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
My answer might be unpopular....but at your age and weight, you have not learned the basics yet (judging by your stats). 160lbs

There is still a good bit of natural potential available to you. Learn by training, eating and living a lifestyle that will support mass growth naturally. Gain 15lbs lean mass in the next year. Then use what you have learned to support your growth with the use of AAS if you desire. Personally I would wait 2-3 years of hard training, but I get it....not many people want to put that time in. But a year will give you time to learn to train and eat to support your goals.

Otherwise, you will be one of those guys who blows up on cycle, and then dwindles off. Never having learned to support your growth naturally, you only progress when "on" and whither away when not on cycle. If you cant support more than 160lbs now......you will be right back there unless you plan on staying 'on' forever.

My advice.

-Learn to train with adequate full body stimulation utilizing large compound movements as your foundation
-Shoot for strength and / or rep increases on a continual basis while in a state of caloric surplus (see below)
-Learn to eat for your goals. If you are not gaining weight (Naturally 1 lb every 2 weeks) you simply are not eating enough. Mass does not come from nowhere. It wont with AAS either!
-Learn to build quality mass...>THEN hold on to it as you shed fat. Serving two masters is the fast way to nowhere.

Training is a three leg stool. Take away any leg and it will fall.

Nutrition
Training
Lifestyle

AAS is not a replacement for any deficiency. It can help overcome a 'short' leg, but wont replace it. And you are sure to be back where you started if you never learn to do it properly.

I'd spend the next year with a goal of 180lbs naturally at the same bf. (two caloric surpluses of 250 cal/day split with 10 week deficits of 500-700 cal). Then....with the tools you have gained in the year, apply that further if you desire. (with MUCH better results!)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I almost stopped reading at "160lbs"

Then saw that you wanna run deca, bulk but get shredded.

I think you need to clarify your goal for starters. Next you need to spend some time working on your diet and work to gain muscle naturally. Not because I am being judgemental, but because you will gain weight on this cycle and as soon as you come off you will lose everything you put on. Hell if your HPTA doesn't bounce back you could lose more than you put on.

Let's say you work your way up to 200lbs and then want to go on cycle, consider it a first cycle.

Test cyp 500/wk

That's it for anabolics.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I'm going to assume that you have a fast metabolism considering that you're 160lbs. Of course that depends how tall you are too. 160lbs looks a lot different on a guy that's 5' 4" than a guy that's 6'. Regardless, if you want to add mass I would recommend upping your caloric intake. I'm 6' tall and I need to consume 4,000 calories daily just to maintain 225lbs. I also try to consume approximately 400 grams of protein daily when I'm trying to add mass. (I say words like "try to" and "approximately" because I don't always hit that mark). I agree with everyone that said you should have your diet and training dialed in before turning to anabolics. I also agree that 200/200 is a very low dose. I would recommend 4-500mgs Test and at least 300 Deca. Be careful with Deca though. It can be pretty harsh as far as side effects and recovery post cycle. Make sure you have AI's on hand and your PCT is well planned before pinning anything

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm going to assume that you have a fast metabolism considering that you're 160lbs. Of course that depends how tall you are too. 160lbs looks a lot different on a guy that's 5' 4" than a guy that's 6'. Regardless, if you want to add mass I would recommend upping your caloric intake. I'm 6' tall and I need to consume 4,000 calories daily just to maintain 225lbs. I also try to consume approximately 400 grams of protein daily when I'm trying to add mass. (I say words like "try to" and "approximately" because I don't always hit that mark). I agree with everyone that said you should have your diet and training dialed in before turning to anabolics. I also agree that 200/200 is a very low dose. I would recommend 4-500mgs Test and at least 300 Deca. Be careful with Deca though. It can be pretty harsh as far as side effects and recovery post cycle. Make sure you have AI's on hand and your PCT is well planned before pinning anything
Man, I remember when I got first cycle advice from you

Getting all nostalgic and misty eyed and shit...

Just my .02 on this - from the numerous folks I have helped get on track in terms of gaining weight, it's almost never metabolism that stops the gains train. It's over estimating how much they are eating.

Make sure food measurements are accurate!!!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Man, I remember when I got first cycle advice from you

Getting all nostalgic and misty eyed and shit...

Just my .02 on this - from the numerous folks I have helped get on track in terms of gaining weight, it's almost never metabolism that stops the gains train. It's over estimating how much they are eating.

Make sure food measurements are accurate!!!
Awww, you're making my heart feel. That was many moons ago now huh?
Now I gotta up the Tren. Lol

Seriously though, this is a valid point. I used to do this and couldn't understand why I wasn't gaining. It wasn't until I actually started measuring out portions and weighing meats that I realized how much an actual serving really is. It's too easy to guesstimate and be wrong

Last edited:
R

ready2explode

Jan 14, 2013
Welcome aboard and up your test, 200mg/wk is more of a trt dose. Ask questions and LISTEN!
The effects of steroids are additive, meaning the total amount of mgs is more indicative of the strength of the cycle than number of mgs of each component on their own. 400mgs of Test and Nand total will most definitely push the poster into supraphysiological levels of androgens. There's no need to increase the dose.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
All very good advice from the guys!
Myself I would wait......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic