Apr 1, 2011
I began my first slin cycle the other day

2iu Humalog-R pre workout

Waited 10-15 min, ate 50g white rice and went to train

Sipped my intra workout shakes I made

Felt fine. A very very subtle " focus " odd feeling but nothing crazy

Went to 3ius pre workout today, felt nothing different

Going to 4iu tomorrow

... would it be safe to say since I'm ingesting the rice immediately + my shakes (Whey Isolate, carbs, creatine, BCAAs , glutamine, leucine) I won't feel any shakes or dizziness or signs of low blood sugar ?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The only "feel" from insulin is when you over do it (or underdo carbs). Cold sweats, shaky (like with stims) and or vision changes are the usual first sign of going hypo. As for 2-3iu...you won't see much at all in terms of effect until you are in the 8-10iu range. At that point muscles will feel tight and full provided adequate stimulus and carbohydrate intake. Some insist on 10g carbs per unit of insulin. However, I can get very good results (for me and my clients) with 6-7g of carbs with less chance of fat storage/spillover.

Keep fats SUPER LOW during the post insulin period (4hrs or so with 'log)

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Sounds like you are doing it correctly. You want to use the least amount of slin with the least amount of carbs and work your way up. I agree with Mike though you don't notice much up until 10ius. The pump and fullness is great. 10g carbs/iu is overkill for most, but its a safer bet.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013

Just for clarification, are you running Humalog or Humulin-R? You sorta blended the two lol. If you are running "R"(regular) you could wait 30mins before the carb source as R doesn't start working for 30-60mins unlike "log".

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Waited 10-15 min, ate 50g white rice and went to train

Sipped my intra workout shakes I made

Felt fine. A very very subtle " focus " odd feeling but nothing crazy

Went to 3ius pre workout today, felt nothing different

Going to 4iu tomorrow

... would it be safe to say since I'm ingesting the rice immediately + my shakes (Whey Isolate, carbs, creatine, BCAAs , glutamine, leucine) I won't feel any shakes or dizziness or signs of low blood sugar ?
Humalog or Humulin R? BIG DIFFERENCE.

Right off the bat should feel full muscles and get an insane pump in the gym. Watch the scale move up rapidly over the course of a week or 2.

As for food timing I need to know what kind of slin.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Ah! Sorry about that guys

HUMALOG. my mistake.

Thanks for the advice. I was just expecting to feel something even by the end of 90 min workouts - no shakes no sweats felt pretty good

Fairly decent pump to.

Do you guys recommend post slin as well or just pre workout

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ah! Sorry about that guys

HUMALOG. my mistake.

Thanks for the advice. I was just expecting to feel something even by the end of 90 min workouts - no shakes no sweats felt pretty good

Fairly decent pump to.

Do you guys recommend post slin as well or just pre workout
Not feeling shakes or sweats is how it's supposed to be done. Shakes and sweat or signs of hypo are bad of course.

When I used it I used it both pre and post and in varying dosages.

My best run with it:
Pre workout 15iu
Post workout 20iu

It was a fucking carbohydrate bonanza lol

I put on 20lbs in like 2 or 3 weeks. It was the first time my bigorexia was satiated.

Ran metformin on off days.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Not feeling shakes or sweats is how it's supposed to be done. Shakes and sweat or signs of hypo are bad of course.

When I used it I used it both pre and post and in varying dosages.

My best run with it:
Pre workout 15iu
Post workout 20iu

It was a fucking carbohydrate bonanza lol

I put on 20lbs in like 2 or 3 weeks. It was the first time my bigorexia was satiated.

Ran metformin on off days.

Wow that sounds intense!! Makes my 2-4 weak AF

So it's really just a game of balance ... as you taped up iu's, and carbs

4iu was perfectly fine but I haven't done anything post yet

Looking forward to growing I feel so small lol

aragorn1500

aragorn1500

Jun 7, 2013
Just like everybody is telling you, make sure your carbs are sufficient. If I don't have enough I turn into a liberal. J/K

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Stick with the low numbers and keep working your way up. Some guys will start low, think it's nothing then make a higher jump and catch that hypo feeling.

It's going to happen eventually if you like it and make it a part of your protocol. When it does, you will find it's not really a big deal if you keep a straight head. Take in some carbs and you will be fine.

Just be prepared.

H

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Fullness in the muscle, and potential hypo. Just know and listen to what your body is telling you. Always keep a quick carb source close by. Terrible, but I used to love me some PWO Dr. Pepper with a big ol shot of humalog.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Unless you are competing is slin really worth it? I guess it's a dumb question because I'm running test/tren to lift weights in a basement right now but insulin seems risky and unneeded for me at least but I haven't even jumped in the HGH pool yet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic