Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Saudi Arabia

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
before we go into that, do you understand how WTC #7 was standing up in the first place?

or am i about to have an argument about structure with someone who doesn't know how skyscrapers are built?

I'm an accountant. But go ahead and educate me on how a structurally sound building just collapsed into its own footprint because of a few fires.

Also explain why Larry Silverstein said "We've had such great loss of life today, and we made the decisions to pull the building, then we all watched it collapse"

And maybe you can also explain why the BBC reported it's collapse before it happened.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I have vowed to stay the fuck out of threads here or on another board that discuss politics or religion.

Just dropped in for a bit of moronic humor . . . . . I was home that day at that time, I thought I saw 1 plane hit one of the towers, followed shortly after by a 2nd plane hitting the other tower. Since it seemed somewhat newsworthy, most TV stations kept re-playing the footage, over and over.
My father-in-law was staying with us at the time, Alzheimers, Dementia, whatever is the proper label, used to wander around the house, room2room a lot.

Each time he'd come back through the room with the TV on, the odds were they'd be replaying what happened. And each time, he'd see it and say "DAMN, THEY DID IT AGAIN!"

In Life, sometimes Humor is all that gets us through . . . . . .

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I'm an accountant. But go ahead and educate me on how a structurally sound building just collapsed into its own footprint because of a few fires.

first of all, it wasn't "a few fires" it was massive fires plus structural damage from debris from 2 million-ton buildings collapsing near it.

second of all, it had an old fashioned, out-of-date fire sprinkler system that, unlike modern systems, had to be manually activated rather that automatically going off, which is why it wasn't putting out those fires.

third of all, steel loses half of its structural strength from heat WELL before it reaches its melting point. this is why we now spray fire-proofing on all structural steel. it's like if you took a hundred sticks of butter from the fridge and built a tower, then put a 5lb weight on top. that setup would collapse WELL before the butter liquefies. it just needs to soften slightly.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Let us not forget the loading of the structure changed from it's design, as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic