Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Looking for your thoughts on this...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would politely tell the owner you will no make no such adjustments. Tell him if you are approached and asked for a rack or to work in you would be happy to oblige at such time. However, you wont make a change in anticipation of 1 cry baby having an issue again. That's totally reasonable and within normal gym etiquette.

This is where I completely disagree. I won't let someone I don't train with "work in" with me. You're either a training partner training with me or you can sit and watch me lift.

One of my training partners made this mistake and it got him hurt. They don't pay attention, don't load the bar correctly, don't spot correctly, etc.... If I don't know you, you're not working in with me.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
This is where I completely disagree. I won't let someone I don't train with "work in" with me. You're either a training partner training with me or you can sit and watch me lift.

One of my training partners made this mistake and it got him hurt. They don't pay attention, don't load the bar correctly, don't spot correctly, etc.... If I don't know you, you're not working in with me.

Eh, I wont ask a stranger for a spot on a heavy lift. However, if you want to work in WTF do i care. If i dont ask keep your paws off my bar while im lifting. Working in just means while i rest you lift and vice versa

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
this is why i do not work out with my wife. I'll go to yoga and shit but the weight room is my domain.

My wife has hit 545 raw for a double at 198 so I never have a problem training with her. She's literally one of the best training partners I've ever had...

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
My wife has hit 545 raw for a double at 198 so I never have a problem training with her. She's literally one of the best training partners I've ever had...

LoL not mine. Shes a tough girl but the weights are not her thing. I prefer that. Gives me a time and place to take my frustrations.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I would be upset with being asked this. Chris and I squat in different racks for the same reason . You have as much right as everyone else to be using them.

Maybe they should invest in more equipment if its such an issue. Or maybe you can get a discount on the months with holidays .........................

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
It just irks me because Mrs Flex is extremely courteous and pleasant (unlike me) and if she knew someone was waiting she'd probably just do another set or two and call it a day.

She actually sorts out the weights on the racks when other people fuck them up and puts equipment back that others leave lying around.

And people complain about her for .... *gasp* .... ACTUALLY LIFTING.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I'd say you have no reason to worry. If the owner approaches you again, just inform him that you didn't deny anyone the chance to work in. If they're too proud/ stupid to ask, then they deserve to sit there for however long you care to take. You pay just as much as they do to workout there.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Also every nook and cranny of that place is recorded all day every day.

I'm going to ask him to review the logs and see

a) when I ever used a piece of equipment for over 2 hours (never happened)
b) when I ever took (fucking ridiculous) 20 minutes between sets

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Flex - Chris is the opposite of me as well. I do straighten out the plates ect .He was in a gym once and it was a busy holiday. Some broad told him she needed the bench. He quit his sets and let her have it. Bitch is lucky it wasn't me.
I had a guy start stretching out in the squat rack when I had plates set up in it. I squeezed past him and started squatting. You wanna get hit by the bar cool with me buddy.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I had a guy once start doing pullups in the cage as I was belting up for a 6 plate squat.

Tapped him and waved him out of my way and he went nuts. I got the lift, then told him he was an arrogant ass. LOL.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
How did the people who were complaining even know you two were together???

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
How did the people who were complaining even know you two were together???
I assume, talking and spotting Mrs flex?

Anyway, here's your problem. Why do you give a shit what our thoughts are? This is a societal problem. Some passive aggressive dick head doesn't have the balls to say something to you so he went to the manager and said some shit like, "It doesn't bother me, but I noticed some of the other members had to wait like two hours for a rack to do curls because that big friendly Canuck shriek looking hoser wouldn't take off from the rack. And I think that woman that squats more than me is with him somehow, so really they're taking up the whole side of the room. Just sayin."

Flex, just keep doing what you're doing or bite the bullet and build your own home gym.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic