Members
Latest Member
scottmt77

Looking for a new Squat/Deadlift Shoe

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good old fashioned chucks work as well as anything IMO.

If you wanna get fancy for a dl shoe go with the Nike hyperKO.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Me and Mrs Flex both use Pendlay Do-Wins.

Solid shoe. Very reasonable price.

EDIT: These are for squats only. We both deadlift in socks.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Pendlays aren't made anymore. You could try the powerlift 3.0's.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Ever think of regular old wrestling shoes?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Good old fashioned chucks work as well as anything IMO.

If you wanna get fancy for a dl shoe go with the Nike hyperKO.

Oh I like those, They also make a mid that is strapless cheaper. Are the soles super thin? They are a bit Fancy thou..These would be more of a Deadlift shoe, but they do look pretty flat and stable for squats.

Me and Mrs Flex both use Pendlay Do-Wins.

Solid shoe. Very reasonable price.

EDIT: These are for squats only. We both deadlift in socks.
Pendlays aren't made anymore. You could try the powerlift 3.0's.

I have Nike Rom IIs for Raw Squats. I only need these for Wide Stance Equip. Squats. and Deads if they can.

Ever think of regular old wrestling shoes?

Ya for Deadlifts I have, but do Chucks feel more Stable for Squats over Wrestling shoes?

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
All i wear in the gym is chucks, dont plan on making any changes either. I believe the "gum" sole just refers to the color and other than that its no different than the white or black sole. I could be wrong on that though.
Anyway though yeah, i love chucks for the gym never had any issues

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have Nike Rom IIs for Raw Squats. I only need these for Wide Stance Equip. Squats. and Deads if they can.

Awww... I can't offer any suggestions for equipped wide stance squats.

Last edited:
HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I've been wearing Chucks for years. All the powerlifters at my gym have custom Chucks. Can't go wrong with them. Next best thing would be barefoot

T

TheBeardedOne86

Apr 6, 2017
Check out Adidas sambas. I think I paid 35 bucks on amazon for them and they work fine , I also use Adidas powerlifts too, I've had the same pair for 2 years now.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Chucks are the standard for wide squatters who want a flat shoe..... In that style of shoe I liked the PF Flyers better though.

BUT, those all live in a bin in the garage after a teammate turned me on to DC Hi Tops ( me and a bunch of other guys use the Spartan model).... the inside of the sole is cupped where your heel sits so when you brace out against the side of the shoe you're pushing out in to the sole not in to the sidewall...... it's MUCH more stable and under 1000+ it made a huge difference.

StriKing_Cobra

StriKing_Cobra

Trybal T&A Conveyor
Nov 30, 2016
I've been through a few pair of chucks and bought a pair of those Reebok Crossfit Lite TR's which were awfully marketed as "Crossfit" but was designed for powerlifters. They were taken out of production, however I just heard that they are being revamped and should be coming back out. Good news because these have so far been the best powerlifting shoe i've used.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic