Ethan7400
What's New?

Sleep and Recovery

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Hawk,
Unfortunately, I know a whole lot about this issue.
I've had four sleep studies! One straight, one with Ambien, one with Lunesta, one with c pap.
The conclusion is that some people just don't get enough DEEP SLEEP, the last stage after R.E.M.( dream sleep)
I use Lunesta every night, but I don't need more and more like the benzodiazepines ( Klonopin, Ativan, Xanax, etc.)
A sleep study is a definite need for you. I hear you can do them at home now, with equipment from the Sleep Center.
The study will tell you 'why'. You might very well just need a c pap machine.
I'm hopeless; I use Lunesta to get down fast, and aderal as needed cause I still drag all day.
They say a man can get used to hanging:(

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Just an update. Had no issue with the clonazepam. I did sleep well but only used it on an as needed basis and I only filled my script a few times. As of today, I haven't taken it for over 3 months. Are there better methods for long term? I'm sure. Bottom line is I will have to work on several factors such as environment and mood and etc to optimize sleep. I'm just a restless sleeper anyway. Sad thing is I don't utilize caffeine or stimulants much at all, and I definitely stop the coffee 2 to 3 hours prior to leaving work. I'm sure some of it has to do with working overnights and diet and etc. Just have to get it all in line and see what I can do.

Oh man careful with clonazepam. Its a Benzo. Those are more addictive then opiates and WAYY harder to kick once you're on them. Now as for taking one and going out... well strap yourself in it can be a wild ride. However, proceed with great care. It is very chemically similar to XanaX and the like.

For me I take meltonine, gaba and valarian root. Valarian and melatonine can be moderatly habit forming in that if you use it every night you HAVE to have them to fall asleep. So I try to alternate and not use it every single night.

Also if you are into GH at all MK-677 will give you some of the best sleep ever. I take 12.5 mg each week night. Some people take as much as 25mg i think thats overkill. Gives you great sleep and greatly elevated igf / gh levels.

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Here'e the thing....I too suffer from chronic insomnia. I've had it for over 4 years now. Granted, my line of work, firefighter, I've been getting woke up at all hours of the night for over 20 years, 26 to be exact. Insomnia is very common in the fire service and LE.

I can only speak for myself, but I took all measures to find the problem of my sleep. Turns out, I do have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine every night. It helps a little, but not as much as some people who are prescribe cpap machines. I also am prescribed ambien extended release. I can get...maybe 4-6 hrs of interrupted sleep max on ambien. without it, I wake up every 2-3 hrs wide awake. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, toss and turn all night long :(

As far as using ambien for me.... I have a few of my self rules on using it. I use it primary on the nights before shift and try not to use it on my days off. However, there are nights when I will take it on my off days. these are the rough nights when I go to bed, toss and turn till 0300. I will take one occasionally but only if I cant sleep. Another rule, no napping during the day! I have also been prescribed provigil and it's ....ok. It just makes me not as tired if I've had a rough night.

People don't understand how debilitating insomnia can be, and it is. There are times during the day when I feel sick I"m so tired and have difficulty paying attention to conversations. Hell, If I could fix the problem and not the symptoms, trust me, I would! Fixing the problem will be retirement in 10 years.

Point is, if you use any of the sleep medications, make some stead fast rules, not to use them every night and no napping during the day, limit your caffeine intake, that's a good starting point. But if you use them, be cautious with them and discipline yourself to follow good health rules, sleep rules and diet.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Hawk,
Unfortunately, I know a whole lot about this issue.
I've had four sleep studies! One straight, one with Ambien, one with Lunesta, one with c pap.
The conclusion is that some people just don't get enough DEEP SLEEP, the last stage after R.E.M.( dream sleep)
I use Lunesta every night, but I don't need more and more like the benzodiazepines ( Klonopin, Ativan, Xanax, etc.)
A sleep study is a definite need for you. I hear you can do them at home now, with equipment from the Sleep Center.
The study will tell you 'why'. You might very well just need a c pap machine.
I'm hopeless; I use Lunesta to get down fast, and aderal as needed cause I still drag all day.
They say a man can get used to hanging:(

Wow, brother, nothing like reading someone else's plight to make me feel better. LOL. As of now, I am trying really hard to not take anything prescribed. I have a full bottle of Klonopin but I'm stubborn and going to try to steer clear of it. I agree that a sleep study is what I need to do. Working overnights completely dicks you up. Hopefully you can get right. Sleep is so underrated.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Oh man careful with clonazepam. Its a Benzo. Those are more addictive then opiates and WAYY harder to kick once you're on them. Now as for taking one and going out... well strap yourself in it can be a wild ride. However, proceed with great care. It is very chemically similar to XanaX and the like.

For me I take meltonine, gaba and valarian root. Valarian and melatonine can be moderatly habit forming in that if you use it every night you HAVE to have them to fall asleep. So I try to alternate and not use it every single night.

Also if you are into GH at all MK-677 will give you some of the best sleep ever. I take 12.5 mg each week night. Some people take as much as 25mg i think thats overkill. Gives you great sleep and greatly elevated igf / gh levels.

Interesting, you got me thinking about MK-677. Hmmm..

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Here'e the thing....I too suffer from chronic insomnia. I've had it for over 4 years now. Granted, my line of work, firefighter, I've been getting woke up at all hours of the night for over 20 years, 26 to be exact. Insomnia is very common in the fire service and LE.

I can only speak for myself, but I took all measures to find the problem of my sleep. Turns out, I do have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine every night. It helps a little, but not as much as some people who are prescribe cpap machines. I also am prescribed ambien extended release. I can get...maybe 4-6 hrs of interrupted sleep max on ambien. without it, I wake up every 2-3 hrs wide awake. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, toss and turn all night long :(

As far as using ambien for me.... I have a few of my self rules on using it. I use it primary on the nights before shift and try not to use it on my days off. However, there are nights when I will take it on my off days. these are the rough nights when I go to bed, toss and turn till 0300. I will take one occasionally but only if I cant sleep. Another rule, no napping during the day! I have also been prescribed provigil and it's ....ok. It just makes me not as tired if I've had a rough night.

People don't understand how debilitating insomnia can be, and it is. There are times during the day when I feel sick I"m so tired and have difficulty paying attention to conversations. Hell, If I could fix the problem and not the symptoms, trust me, I would! Fixing the problem will be retirement in 10 years.

Point is, if you use any of the sleep medications, make some stead fast rules, not to use them every night and no napping during the day, limit your caffeine intake, that's a good starting point. But if you use them, be cautious with them and discipline yourself to follow good health rules, sleep rules and diet.

Usually I use the clonazepam only PRN so I don't use it every night and it keeps it's effectiveness. Personally, I would rather not take it at all. My biggest issue is working overnights and when I do get a night off, I will sleep much more than I should and lack the motivation. I also had some weight gain, but my doc has been fairly cool with me and has prescribed me some phentermine to get the ball rolling again. Hoping a sleep study will find what I need to know.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Interesting, you got me thinking about MK-677. Hmmm..

I'm a fan. I take it in between cycles. It gives me great sleep and helps me keep on cycle gains more easily. If you take it like some of these nuts throughout the day the sleepiness and hunger become problematic during day to day living. However by dosing with dinner as a pre bed time thing the hunger is avoided and the sleepiness helps you get to bed.
On another board i frequent someone just posted bloods from taking 12.5 daily and his igf level were close to 4iu of gh type levels. Keep in mind this causes your natural pulses to be like when you were a growing lad (IE a GH factory) it doesnt cause a singular large pulse like GHRP's or a large external pulse like GH.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
Took some Fade Out last nite , right to sleep !!! Idk if I was overly tired or what , but I had a solid 6 hours !!! Restful sleep as well , until I woke up to my son yelling at me lol !!!
But for the most part it is a good compound !!! But there's always other things out there , just have to do alittle homework !!!

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014

Yeah for sure be careful with clonazepam. Benzos and alcohol are the only two things that you can die from withdrawal.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Yeah for sure be careful with clonazepam. Benzos and alcohol are the only two things that you can die from withdrawal.

Good thing is I don't really drink. I recognized quickly that I have my family's gene for alcoholism. After a shoulder injury ended my sophomore year in college, I kinda went on a bender, and basically flunked out (I dropped my classes) of school. While I paid a price, it was minimal compared to what could have happened. So, I just try to stay away from it. Don't get me wrong, I would have a beer or two if i had reason to, but for the most part, I just don't give myself a reason. But yes, agreed. Dangerous mixture.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic