Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

On/off cycle times for females

V

veronica

TID Lady Member
Aug 6, 2016
Ive admittedly spent alot more time on cycle than off it in the past year, I take a month off here and there and then jump back on when my strength/gains start to decline. Is this a bad idea?? I used to take 3 + months off when I just started using anabolics, and by my next cycle Id spend most of it trying to catch up to where I was before. I train hard and eat clean in between cycles. Do any women stay on year round??? Even if some of the time you were just using an ultra low dose like say 5mg var. I dont know if this is dangerous or not, but was just curious what other female lifters practices were in this regard :)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
It honestly depends on your goals. If you are in child bearing years, and are planning on kids; I'd urge caution and use cycles for specific goals (contest prep and an off-season bulk perhaps). I'd recommend more off than on time in that case. If you are done with kids and/or over 35, let side effects be your guide. My wife has had great success with longer, conservatively dosed cycles as opposed to short blasts. That said she's 38 and we're happy with our daughter and aren't planning on more.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hi Veronica. I personally do take some time off. The last couple of years, i have taken up to 8-9 weeks off. This passed year, i am doing longer cycles (Anavar & TestCyp) and less time in between.
From the research I have done on orals, my only concern i have is liver functionality. I know anavar is lower than others in this area, but still. I do take a liver supp.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Typically, the time off cycle should equal to time on. Of course that's dependent on your goals and time frame if you compete or working towards deadlines.

As for liver concerns for us women, it really isn't much of an issue as we do use such small doses. And the only time that liver supps may do anything is if you already have pre-existing condition. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Typically, the time off cycle should equal to time on. Of course that's dependent on your goals and time frame if you compete or working towards deadlines.

As for liver concerns for us women, it really isn't much of an issue as we do use such small doses. And the only time that liver supps may do anything is if you already have pre-existing condition. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

oh wow, thanks.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
well, liver can be an issue on low doses if the duration of a cycle is exceptionally long....keep that in mind...same with kidneys :)

as for time off, that's a personal thing and I personally take a bit more time off than on

Last edited:
Synthetek

Synthetek

Jan 30, 2012
It seems most people are guess-timating so much of what happens within their body.

If you take anything then you should be doing bloodwork so you know exactly what effect what you are taking at X dose is having on the inside.

From there you can decide whether or not you need supplementation. If all is good, then great! If there is any change or elevation, try Synthergine.

https://www.synthetek.com/products/synthergine-liver-protectant/

We understand that most people are weary of trying something different. Which is why we will give you a free 2nd bottle of Synthergine for doing your bloodwork before and after use. This will give you a clear indication of what the product is or isn't doing for you.

well, liver can be an issue on low doses if the duration of a cycle is exceptionally long....keep that in mind...same with kidneys :)

as for time off, that's a personal thing and I personally take a bit more time off than on

If your supplementation and monitoring is proactive rather than reactive cycles can be extended significantly or until desired. Ofcourse this can only be achieved through consistent bloodwork and depends highly on how your body reacts to whatever you are putting into it. More often than not, something like liver values can be kept within normal ranges even on the heaviest cycles.

Unfortunately, what most people will do is run a cycle, stress their body to the point of creating an issue that manifests symptoms, perform a blood test to see what is wrong, then react to the elevated values by stopping the cycle and running a liver aid.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
If your supplementation and monitoring is proactive rather than reactive cycles can be extended significantly or until desired. Ofcourse this can only be achieved through consistent bloodwork and depends highly on how your body reacts to whatever you are putting into it. More often than not, something like liver values can be kept within normal ranges even on the heaviest cycles.

Unfortunately, what most people will do is run a cycle, stress their body to the point of creating an issue that manifests symptoms, perform a blood test to see what is wrong, then react to the elevated values by stopping the cycle and running a liver aid.

Hence the "can be an issue" :)

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Ive admittedly spent alot more time on cycle than off it in the past year, I take a month off here and there and then jump back on when my strength/gains start to decline. Is this a bad idea?? I used to take 3 + months off when I just started using anabolics, and by my next cycle Id spend most of it trying to catch up to where I was before. I train hard and eat clean in between cycles. Do any women stay on year round??? Even if some of the time you were just using an ultra low dose like say 5mg var. I dont know if this is dangerous or not, but was just curious what other female lifters practices were in this regard :)

What does a cycle looks like? If your only running 5mg of Var probably not so much of an issue if your taking care of your liver and heart. Really dependent on compound and dosage. The time of to time on ratios you'll hear people talk about are generally geared towards men. The reasoning being getting our LH and FSH back on track so our danglie bits start getting back to proper size and function. Same reason men generally take 2-3 cycle off compounds to speed up our hormone normality. Not so with women.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic